• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

So what new releases are worth picking up, or what ones will heat up eBay ?

I think just by going on past trends of TV related books, Grimm just came out and might do well for the short term. I'm sure the show has a cultish following that might not know the comic exists yet. Buy now for a discount and sell maybe for $10 in a week or two if they dry up-regular cvrs. that is. X-Files is also dropping in about a month. I preordered some, and am hoping it draws out older, hard core fans, that have to have it. Who knows though, only the market decides these things.

I think just by going on past trends of TV related books, Grimm just came out and might do well for the short term. I'm sure the show has a cultish following that might not know the comic exists yet. Buy now for a discount and sell maybe for $10 in a week or two if they dry up-regular cvrs. that is. X-Files is also dropping in about a month. I preordered some, and am hoping it draws out older, hard core fans, that have to have it. Who knows though, only the market decides these things.

I am interested in X-Files simply because I am an old X-Files junkie from way back. Hopefully there are more of me out there so my book can be worth something because I will be trying out the first storyline.

Also, a book like this could be testing the waters for new movies, so there is a long term possibility for this series. They are always talking about a new X-files movie possibly being in the works so it could happen. They might just have to do it with new leads. As long as its not Robert Patrick, I might be O.K. with that.

I picked this up a few weeks ago for a couple bucks, sealed with poster and reprint of Action 1. After seeing what a reprint went for recently I wonder what it's worth?

IMG_2434_zps0ba08db8.jpg

IMG_2436_zpse433f26a.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

This week? I preordered 10 copies of Twelve Ways to Die #1 and Uber Enhanced #0.

Twelve ways to Die was not only a great read but its written by Ghost Face Killah, is independent, has already sold out at diamond level. Plus RZA also did something with this book and he is making Grant Morrison's Happy into a movie, not to mention that Ghost Face Killah has a album that came out last week by the same name, featuring cool tie ins with the comics!

This week? I preordered 10 copies of Twelve Ways to Die #1 and Uber Enhanced #0.

Twelve ways to Die was not only a great read but its written by Ghost Face Killah, is independent, has already sold out at diamond level. Plus RZA also did something with this book and he is making Grant Morrison's Happy into a movie, not to mention that Ghost Face Killah has a album that came out last week by the same name, featuring cool tie ins with the comics!

read my mind Jimmy...

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/--comicmarket-report--05-07-13-----What-s-selling-in-Lowell--MA.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=WxASLDSNX5A

read my mind Jimmy...

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/--comicmarket-report--05-07-13-----What-s-selling-in-Lowell--MA.html?soid=1102175080055&aid=WxASLDSNX5A

Just don't tell anyone about the C2E2 Variant.

I'm glad you got on some copies (my old user name was tommyvoltage). I picked up both regular covers and the variant that they release. I think they have another variant that hasn't released yet? And they have a few shop variants. I'm down the street from Brave New World, so I might go pick up the shop variant. Questionable though.

I picked up a few Chin Music #1 even though its a mini if it sells well might have legs. Also it looked cool with a supernatural world mixed in with Chicago era gangsters.

Edited by natevegas

For anyone still on the fence about Five Ghosts becoming an ongoing series, if Frank's comments on the issue weren't definitive I have new info.

As per email from Chris Mooneyham today:

Frank and I are finalizing plans to turn Five Ghosts into an ongoing series.

So no more mini FTR. I thought I'd share that with folks that dig the series.

Also, if you've been wanting OA from him, he's working on getting that all ironed out. When he's done archiving the images, the door will once again be open for requests. I wouldn't be asking about commissions any time in the near future however:

Things have gotten kind of crazy since we met in March. As of right now, I'm getting more offers for jobs than I ever have. However, I've had to decline all of them. My dance card is filled for the foreseeable future.

Keep your eyes on this one boys, gals and other genders. Things are gonna get crazy in da hizzouse.

Wait... Happy is getting turned into a movie?

Its a long way away from it, but yes they are collaborating on a movie below is the key sentence.

The plan is to develop the project and then set it up at a studio or with a financier

Alot of comics are at this stage and never go farther.

Based on RZA only previous disaster attempt - NO.