• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Totally off subject question here: is the ebay seller "morethanitsworth" a cgc boardie? If so please speak now or forever hold your peace.

My only commentary is that I often see stuff I wouldn't necessarily mind bidding on....but every time I see the handle I infer subconsciously "you're paying way more than this thing is worth".....and then I move on by.

It seems like an awful reason to lose business on Ebay and FWIW I can't get past the name.

I think he is Access & I've thought the same thing. I don't remember his board name, tho.

BTW best ebay handle for a comic dealer I've seen is 'spinner rack'.

Edited by Hekla

Is that the seller that has the business card holder monkey in the picture? :)

Same guy, wrong creature.

That's the one I'm talking about.

I think he is Access & I've thought the same thing. I don't remember his board name, tho.

BTW best ebay handle for a comic dealer I've seen is 'spinner rack'.

If he's a boardie, that was my only point.....the handle is horribly counterproductive. I can't help but feel I'm getting ripped even if it's a great deal...lol. Plus not for nothing, why not just scan the comics. It's surely a funny gimmick with the Godzilla figure and all...but when I'm buying raws from folks on the bay I'd like to see all the details and don't need any fluff.

I want to see if there's spine ticks and abrasions and lions and tigers oh my.....

Don't need to be distracted by toys and cute index cards...lol.

Anyhow, there's been a few items I would have pulled the trigger on....but both the angel and devil on my shoulders think it 'twould be bad form to bid on something for more than it's worth.

Yeah....not saying he's not a good seller or boardie....just a strange choice for a handle and I can't get past it...lol.

Oh well, luckily he/she is not solely reliant upon just me for sales. :)

Yeah....not saying he's not a good seller or boardie....just a strange choice for a handle and I can't get past it...lol.

Oh well, luckily he/she is not solely reliant upon just me for sales. :)

I'm with you not to gang up on the seller but with a handle like that, seems like he's shooting himself in the foot even before he starts.

Yet more off topic stuff but I just can't resist today.....

Never bothered googling Jimmy Linguini before. Thought I'd give it a whirl....found some funny arse gut busting sheet that had me rolling.

First off...I think I might actually want to listen to this in my car:

"OFG I AM THE OFG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_UGqSF4Jl8

Apparently alot of pre-occupation with the anus, but everyone's gotta love something. :)

Then this "Portrait" section on tumblr:

http://jimmylinguini.tumblr.com/

Too damn funny. That chick on the top left's cooch looks like it's seen some real vietnam pow action.....could drop a boxing glove in there without hitting the sides. True genius, I shoulda come up with that sort of thing years ago. Good times, good times.

JL, you certainly are all that and a bag of chips bro.

I saw one video where you were so baked I got a contact high!!!!

" I got Tomb Of Dracula signed by Neal Adams y'all can suck on my ***k Oh..Oh..Oh Oh Oh!

LMAO!!! Yep, caught that too (it's a classic!).....but the new autotune action had me peein rivers while laughin......almost had to call the whaaambulance.

Maxx #35?

Why does this keep happening to me? I sell stuff, and THEN it gets popular and/or valuable.

Freakin' NYX #3 all over again. Again.

:frustrated:

-slym

what are you selling next? :D

I'll be looking for your next sales thread... lol