• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

They're not all about DC. They do mention Justice League/Flash a lot and Batman on occasion, but they also talk about Thor nonstop (and one of them was Thor for Halloween). And Captain Sweatpants in the comic book store.

Did you notice that every book in the comic shop they visit is a DC book?

They do mention Marvel characters, but all the merchandise on screen is DC

They're not all about DC. They do mention Justice League/Flash a lot and Batman on occasion, but they also talk about Thor nonstop (and one of them was Thor for Halloween). And Captain Sweatpants in the comic book store.

Stan Lee did a signing in a DC only comic book store? I need to watch a few episode when they are there. I remember seeing a TWD poster in one episode.

But the owner always makes DC recommendations. He gave Hellblazer for Penny's nephew or cousin a few seasons back and he tried to give the girls Fables in the episode I watched last night (even though they bought all Thor comic books and argued about Thor's hammer and the Hulk).

Edited by Taco

The Big Bang theory uses a laugh track.

Which means the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh.

It's also an advertisement for all things Warner brothers.

I don't think real comic fans like the show. 2c

Jimmy, totally agree 100% hate this show and one of the biggest reasons is the laugh track. The other reason is because the humor is written by troglodytes trying to sound intelligent. Lastly, because its just not funny.... I loathe the show.

Ha, best word ever.

Which means the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh.

Jimmy, totally agree 100% hate this show and one of the biggest reasons is the laugh track. The other reason is because the humor is written by troglodytes trying to sound intelligent. Lastly, because its just not funny.... I loathe the show.

Si!!

I mean, you can do good shows with a laugh track, but don't play it every half second.

Sledgehammer!

49 people are currently watching Spider-Man #1 Platinum in the hopes to snag a deal! @ $110 & 17 bids. I remember when this book was hot, than it was not. But guess what - It's hot again! :ohnoez:

Also, Peter Panzerfaust because the 4th most search for team on eBay in all of comics. Smack dab between #3) Walking Dead 5) Walking Dead #1. lol

And 31 people are watching Amazing Spider-Man #688 Cambpell Variant @ $35+ & 17 bids. hm

Or it was 2 1/2 months ago when that auction took place :makepoint:

Prices have dropped to less than half that recently ...

Si!!

I mean, you can do good shows with a laugh track, but don't play it every half second.

Sledgehammer!

Let me get this straight. We got a successful show featuring people that actually go to a comic book shop in the show and people dont like it?

Every person I have talked into watching this show loves it. I laugh a couple of times almost every show. I love the statements at the end of the show after all the credits. I hadnt met comics fans till now that didnt like. I hope the show stays on for 5 more years at least.

Muhahaha :headbang:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Si!!

Sledgehammer!

you sir have exquisite taste, I loved that show when I was a kid :headbang:

The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 13. The girls buy a copy of Fables #1 cover A. $$$

Such an unfunny show. :frustrated:

Wait........... What? Unfunny, really?

What would you find funny then?

They've got a good premise, but the humour just isn't well executed and/or that funny.

And I get their comic and sciene references. It's not like it's over my head or anything.

Just low-brow, mindless humour. A supposed "joke" every like three seconds. No time for the it to sink in beofre the next one. Forced jokes. Just lame. Similar to "2 and a half men" "According to Jim", etc.

It's OKAY to just watch as a show, but not as a comedy. I will admit that I have laughed at it. But maybe like twice an episode. It just floored me when I found out, maybe 2-3 years ago, just HOW many people thought the show was so amazing.

Funny TV (that's MEANT to be funny) would be:

The Office

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Old Simpsons

Frasier (now THAT's intellectual comedy done properly)

Da Ali G Show

Robot Chicken

Seinfeld

Friends

Conan O'Brien

Saturday Night Live

Modern Family

The Tom Green Show

That 70's Show

The Office has to be one of the most overrated comedies on TV. Most episodes are definitely not funny.

Seeing as how The Big Bang Theory is just Friends with characters who have different professions, I'm not sure I understand how you find one funny and not the other.

I

They have a good representation of Dark Horse material as well. But you are correct that no Marvel comics are shown.

Si!!

Sledgehammer!

Let me get this straight. We got a successful show featuring people that actually go to a comic book shop in the show and people dont like it?

Every person I have talked into watching this show loves it. I laugh a couple of times almost every show. I love the statements at the end of the show after all the credits. I hadnt meet comics fans till now that didnt like. I hope the show stays on for 5 more years at least.

Muhahaha :headbang:

Ron Liefeld. You have a successful artist, and people don't like him? (I do actually).

Same sort of logic.

Or I love football, so therefore I should like the remake of the longest yard (awful).

Subject matter is one thing. A good show/movie/comic about/with the subject matter is another.

The Big Bang Theory season 6 episode 13. The girls buy a copy of Fables #1 cover A. $$$

Such an unfunny show. :frustrated:

Wait........... What? Unfunny, really?

What would you find funny then?

They've got a good premise, but the humour just isn't well executed and/or that funny.

And I get their comic and sciene references. It's not like it's over my head or anything.

Just low-brow, mindless humour. A supposed "joke" every like three seconds. No time for the it to sink in beofre the next one. Forced jokes. Just lame. Similar to "2 and a half men" "According to Jim", etc.

It's OKAY to just watch as a show, but not as a comedy. I will admit that I have laughed at it. But maybe like twice an episode. It just floored me when I found out, maybe 2-3 years ago, just HOW many people thought the show was so amazing.

Funny TV (that's MEANT to be funny) would be:

The Office

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Old Simpsons

Frasier (now THAT's intellectual comedy done properly)

Da Ali G Show

Robot Chicken

Seinfeld

Friends

Conan O'Brien

Saturday Night Live

Modern Family

The Tom Green Show

That 70's Show

The Office has to be one of the most overrated comedies on TV. Most episodes are definitely not funny.

Seeing as how The Big Bang Theory is just Friends with characters who have different professions, I'm not sure I understand how you find one funny and not the other.

I

Not at all Monsieur, with regards to the friends statement.

Edited by Dukes40

Or it was 2 1/2 months ago when that auction took place :makepoint:

Prices have dropped to less than half that recently ...

lol

I was wondering why the buyer had 0% bids with this seller when I clicked on the listing. Also, I didn't see any feedback for this purchase. hm

A year or so ago - the unbreakable ebay rules were known dirtbags & the "private feedback" guys - now, if you mostly move baseball cards - you are that list too. :(

I agree.

Below is what I tell people at work why I do not watch the show.

Many of the shows comedic moments stem from making fun of aspects of fandom that I can identify with and have partaken in.

When the general public watches the show and laughs at home at those aspects they are in turn laughing at me.

*Plus, if they were truly geniuses they would be flipping modern slabs and reading their comics on tablets.

Si!!

Sledgehammer!

Uh, The Big Bang theory is filmed in front of a live audience.

Si!!

Sledgehammer!

Uh, The Big Bang theory is filmed in front of a live audience.

I don't want to keep going off topic, but live audiences seriously laugh at anything.