• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The Big Bang theory uses a laugh track.

Which means the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh.

It's also an advertisement for all things Warner brothers.

I don't think real comic fans like the show. 2c

Jimmy, totally agree 100% hate this show and one of the biggest reasons is the laugh track. The other reason is because the humor is written by troglodytes trying to sound intelligent. Lastly, because its just not funny.... I loathe the show.

Si!!

I mean, you can do good shows with a laugh track, but don't play it every half second.

Sledgehammer!

Uh, The Big Bang theory is filmed in front of a live audience.

I don't want to keep going off topic, but live audiences seriously laugh at anything.

Don't disagree with that, but it's unfair to blast the show for having a laugh track when it doesn't. If you hate the show, you hate the show. But don't blame it on a non-existent laugh track.

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

All sitcoms use a laugh track of some sort.

Yeah, almost all sitcoms with live audiences enhance the laughter and I think the show would come off terribly inconsistent if it didn't. But that's different from saying that the show depends on the laugh track because "the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh".

It's funny how many The Big Bang Theory haters there are on these boards. I'm a real comic book fan and like the show for the most part. I actually find it funny when they poke fun at different aspects of the hobby. But then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch as easily as some here.

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly, and Curb Your Enthusiasm don't and those are some of the funniest shows around.

Horrible, horrible show.

Yeah, almost all sitcoms with live audiences enhance the laughter and I think the show would come off terribly inconsistent if it didn't. But that's different from saying that the show depends on the laugh track because "the producers of the show think its audience is too stupid to know when to laugh".

It's funny how many The Big Bang Theory haters there are on these boards. I'm a real comic book fan and like the show for the most part. I actually find it funny when they poke fun at different aspects of the hobby. But then again, I don't get my panties in a bunch as easily as some here.

I love the show! (thumbs u

Horrible, horrible show.

+1

I dont see how it does nothing, but help the hobby become more mainstream. Lighten up people. I prefer this humor to all the other jokes made about our hobby over the last 20 years.

Horrible, horrible show.

+1

I dont see how it does nothing, but help the hobby become more mainstream. Lighten up people. I prefer this humor to all the other jokes made about our hobby over the last 20 years.

+ Agreed it makes me laugh more than any other sitcom since seinfeld. Its light and doesn't take itself seriously. The laugh track / no laugh track is a moot point in my opinion

I love TBBT.

I have a working knowledge of the physical sciences so I guess that helps? (Sheldon might blast me for this though :)). I love Science. I study Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and what have you. I have an action figure/memorabilia collection of my avatar.

I'm also a comic hobbyist. It's like a marriage of my two passions. :)

My girlfriend does not share my comic interests. But she loves the show as well.

Someone made a comment about Frasier being intellectual comedy done right. I love Frasier, but I don't think you can compare it to TBBT. TBBT is not intellectual comedy per se, it's a comedy that deals with intellectual scientific concepts, on top of comic nerdiness. But it's a light, fun little jaunt. :D

I have do not have anything to do with science My brain actually hurts thinking about science related things , the only science I liked growing up was a show call bill Nye the science guy. To me TBBT is hilarious, Sheldon cracks me up every episode, everyone else is mediocre

I have do not have anything to do with science My brain actually hurts thinking about science related things , the only science I liked growing up was a show call bill Nye the science guy. To me TBBT is hilarious, Sheldon cracks me up every episode, everyone else is mediocre

Or Mr. Wizard.

Beakman's World was a popular and later show of the same ilk. Geared for children, I found myself watching it every time I was up that early a few years back.

-slym

Loved that show.

Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly, and Curb Your Enthusiasm don't and those are some of the funniest shows around.

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm never told when to laugh in sunny in philly, but I laugh non-stop watching that show.

Search YouTube for tbbt without the laugh track, there is absolutely nothing funny going on.

I don't hate TBBT because I take myself or the hobby too seriously to laugh at it. I hate TBBT because it's thoroughly not funny.

But I know I'm in the minority. They sell "Bazinga" (The most unfunny phrase in the history of the world.) shirts at Walmart.

Edited by Beastfeast

Sad to read some of these posts hating on a show. Just say you don't like or care for it and let it go. So much wasted energy hating this and that. If its not your thing you don't have to watch it. Nuff said!

Edited by natevegas

Sad to read some of these posts hating on a show. Just say you don't like or care for it and let it go. So much wasted energy hating this and that. If its not your thing you don't have to watch it. Nuff said!

Wait, isn't this how the internet works?! :banana: