• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I just watch some of these so called comedy sitcoms to see how many times the audience/laugh track/sweetner is used. 99% of the time,it's just not funny. It's very annoying to hear fake unnecessary laughs constantly.

I miss you Larry David!

curb-your-enthusiam08.jpg

Books of interest. These are auctions that are currently on eBay right now. The do not represent the final price paid for the comic book.

Morning Glories #1 @ $26 & 4 bids.

Adventure Time #1 @ $26+ & 24 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #700 (#77) Mexican Variant @ $27 & 20 bids.

Shi #1 Ash Can Variant @ $31 & 6 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #10 Diamond Retail Variant @ $31 & 6 bids.

Witchblade #55 Variant @ $32+ & 8 bids.

Batman #608 @ $32+ & 13 bids.

Savage Wolverine #6 Variant @ $36 & 7 bids.

Amazing Spider-Man #641 Variant @ $40 & 7 bids.

Superior Spider-Man #1 Variant @ $41 & 11 bids.

Injustice Gods Among Us #1 Variant @ $41 & 2 bids.

Just Recently Trending Up.

Fables #1 @ $43 & 9 bids.

East of West #1 Retailer Variant @ $96 & 3 bids.

Superman Unchained #1 @ $202 + 34 bids.

Visit the ALL NEW Lyria Exchange comic market for even more trending books in all ages!

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

All sitcoms use a laugh track of some sort.

Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly, and Curb Your Enthusiasm don't and those are some of the funniest shows around.

Those aren't what I'd call traditional sitcoms either. They may be funny to you, but to middle America, they're not. Arrested Development couldn't even make it on a major network and is now relegated to Netflix.

Big Bang Theory uses a laugh track on top of the live audience - a techique called "sweetening".

Horrible, horrible show.

Arrested Development, Sunny in Philly, and Curb Your Enthusiasm don't and those are some of the funniest shows around.

Those aren't what I'd call traditional sitcoms either. They may be funny to you, but to middle America, they're not. Arrested Development couldn't even make it on a major network and is now relegated to Netflix.

Conduit content providers like Netflix may put a couple of the "major networks" out of business in the next ten years if they don't start doing better.

Horrible, horrible show.

True, but I really only watch comedies that are funny to me. (shrug) They are shows that are generally recognized as quality comedies, this doesn’t always equally mass appeal. McDonalds sells a lot of burgers but I’ve never heard an argument that they are the best. I feel the same way about network television.

Horrible, horrible show.

Conduit content providers like Netflix may put a couple of the "major networks" out of business in the next ten years if they don't start doing better.

I agree.

Horrible, horrible show.

True, but I really only watch comedies that are funny to me. (shrug) They are shows that are generally recognized as quality comedies, this doesn’t always equally mass appeal. McDonalds sells a lot of burgers but I’ve never heard an argument that they are the best. I feel the same way about network television.

lol

let's face it, it is really hard to do great comedy, thats why shows like cheers are held in such high regard by fans. big bang theory it truly awful but im happy its popular, same with comic book men. they may suck but they help to generate sales and maintain the success of the industry as a whole. does is suck that kevin smiths cronies never talk about the current market standouts and buy and sell using pawn stars format? yea but who cares? its helps those of us who buy and sell just like the WD show and hopefully like agents of shield will

Big Bang theory is warner brothers propaganda.

I don't understand how you guys can be alright with watching a 21 minute commercial that never says anything about the Punisher and only started talking about three marvel characters after the Avengers film.

I'm sorry guys, propaganda is propaganda and I would rather watch red shoe diaries than an advertisement for warner brothers.

Horrible, horrible show.

Very valid point. I love Community and think its pretty funny, but according to nielson it isn't a popular show at all.

I guess my point was that traditional studio recorded situational comedies typically have laugh tracks, whereas the shows you listed are not and therefore do not have them.

Big Bang theory is warner brothers propaganda.

I don't understand how you guys can be alright with watching a 21 minute commercial that never says anything about the Punisher and only started talking about three marvel characters after the Avengers film.

I'm sorry guys, propaganda is propaganda and I would rather watch red shoe diaries than an advertisement for warner brothers.

tumblr_lqof0jRBEm1qg1y2ho1_500.jpg

Season 1.

My 2c on this off-topic festival - comedy is subjective to the person. I personally have never laughed at The Office, anything Sasha Baron Cohen has done, and especially The Tom Green Show.

But I don't feel slighted that other people like them.

:foryou:

-slym

My 2c on this off-topic festival - comedy is subjective to the person. I personally have never laughed at The Office, anything Sasha Baron Cohen has done, and especially The Tom Green Show.

But I don't feel slighted that other people like them.

:foryou:

-slym

i hear you.

People still read Marvel & DC's floppies, even though they suck.

Horrible, horrible show.

Very valid point. I love Community and think its pretty funny, but according to nielson it isn't a popular show at all.

I guess my point was that traditional studio recorded situational comedies typically have laugh tracks, whereas the shows you listed are not and therefore do not have them.

That's a fair point. I like community as well, (sans last season) and I can't wait to see Dan Harmon return :acclaim: