• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Big Bang theory is warner brothers propaganda.

I don't understand how you guys can be alright with watching a 21 minute commercial that never says anything about the Punisher and only started talking about three marvel characters after the Avengers film.

I'm sorry guys, propaganda is propaganda and I would rather watch red shoe diaries than an advertisement for warner brothers.

Leonard has an Amy Racecar poster in his room, that I thought was the coolest of all the props.

DC has nothing to do with that.

It features primarily Warner owned merchandise. Not surprising. But I've seen Hellboy merchandise and talk, Fantastic Four mentioned, and others, so to think it's only Warner merchandise is incorrect.

yeah but #2 doesn't sell for much....
#2 sells for 20 for me when I have em in stock.

2-4 all sell for around 20 for me.

I have a good 30 of them in my closet and they don't sell for more then 6 bucks...have you ACTUALLY sold any for 20?

Honestly this is not my ebay....so jjanus don't go and tell me not to spam..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-2-NM-1st-Print-2013-SOLD-OUT-New-52-Snyder-Capullo-Art-Court-of-Owls-/190845663009?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c6f49b721

5 bucks...

let's face it, it is really hard to do great comedy, thats why shows like cheers are held in such high regard by fans. big bang theory it truly awful but im happy its popular, same with comic book men. they may suck but they help to generate sales and maintain the success of the industry as a whole. does is suck that kevin smiths cronies never talk about the current market standouts and buy and sell using pawn stars format? yea but who cares? its helps those of us who buy and sell just like the WD show and hopefully like agents of shield will

I like Comic Book Men, but I do agree, they could talk more current/relevant stuff.

1-Ever notice how they've NEVER mentioned CGC, or slabing??

2-I LOVE how they amp up some of the products SO much. "This is SOOO rare, there's 3 in existance, this is the holy grail of collecting, it's made of solid gold, blah blah blah.... How much you want for it?"

"Uh...how about $3??"

"Ooooooooooo........can't do that. Are you kidding me?? How 'bout 10 cents?"

3-That Walter guy is a jerk. And I'm seeing more and more that that long hair guy is too.

4-They rag on Ming so much, yet he's the coolest one there, and probably the most competent.

Big Bang theory is warner brothers propaganda.

I don't understand how you guys can be alright with watching a 21 minute commercial

Wasn't that what He-Man ACTUALLY was made for?

haha

You should create a twitter account. Just because it might help you write down yours ideas without writing an essay every time. :facepalm:

when you've run out of points to make, and have no answers, change the subject. (thumbs u

I'll keep questioning things, pushing for discussion and debate, and generally helping people.

If others want to try and squelch other people's opinions by trying to claim who is or isn't "allowed to post", or try to talk down any discussion of suspicious auctions lest more people become educating on possible ways to shill, etc etc....

well hey...good luck with that (thumbs u

It's certainly not going to work with me.

lol settle down bro

Spider-man 3 for long term investment. Spidey fans be wild. :)

I learned that the hard way, by buying the #678 Venom variant for $9, thinking it was amazing flipping for $140, and then seeing it go to $500.

doh!

No but it all depends on what kind of risk you want to take. What is certain is the following of Spider-man over at least 3 generations now. Plus early ASM in just about any condition hold value very well in IMO. Who knows many PP will be 2k in 20 years or it could be 100 dollars, nobody knows but if you have a crystal ball let me know the next big lotto numbers. :)

4 8 15 16 23 and the Mega Number is 42

lol:facepalm:

kids these days...alright, somebody PM me an let me know how it turns out. I am done toggling for this evening.

100%

One day this silly boy will have to grow up, leave mommy's house and get a real job.

Oh and stop smoking the ganja.

I have no idea why people find this clown 'funny' - he's a hugely boring ,infantile wannabe, who apparently needs to impress people on a comic board by being...god knows what he thinks he is.

Get a life Alex, for goodness sake.

Ya, I was wondering what's his deal. Is comic dealing his full-time job? Side job while in school?

Where does he get all the money to buy his stuff?

etc

I learned that the hard way, by buying the #678 Venom variant for $9, thinking it was amazing flipping for $140, and then seeing it go to $500.

doh!

Never, ever be upset about 15x on your bread.

More Moderns that are doing well on eBay:

Doctor Who #9 Gamestop Variant @ $102 & 4 bids.

Justice League #3 Sketch Variant @ $71 & 14 bids.

Superman Unchained #1 1:100 Variant @ $56 & 14 bids.

Spawn #232 Sketch Variant @ $30 & 12 bids.

Nightwing #1 (1996) @ $15+ & 7 bids.

Uncanny X-Force #4 @ $20 & 8 bids.

More for your viewing pleasure and a completely redone look and feel to make it even faster to find the juicy stuff!

nope, my answer was my answer, and remains my answer:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=200930822667&showauto=true

look at the date stamps, and the auto bids.

I know that people who actually shill and post here like to try to keep inexperienced people in the dark about how much shilling there is on ebay, and the many different ways its done and hidden. Me, I like to investigate data, educate people, and always side with caution.

Not only is the 0 feedback user only bidding in 50 cent increments, days apart, pushing each "regular" bidder to their max.....

Not only does he stop each time it crosses by mere pennies

Not only is he overpaying

But all the so called "legit" bidders, all bid in perfect round numbers, ending in .00

As I am sure you are well aware, most shillers and shill accounts have LOTS of feedback. The ones with low feedback are hardly the only shill accounts out there.

The entire bid action screams fishy. So, regardless of whether I said it or not, regardless of anything else, anyone looking at that auctions bid history SHOULD at the very least acknowledge the possibility it might be BS. Maybe it is legit, but it certainly doesnt look legit, and certainly has a good probability of being fake.

Telling people to not question, analyze, or think about things benefits no one....well, except maybe people who shill.

The poster above does this to help prevent manipulation of the market by :censored: that hype their books on here or others. Please don't tell me it doesn't happen.

Posters on here that question that or even make fun of a poster that actually makes an intelligent response with facts are the reason why this thread has become a joke.

Why you don't understand the need for this simple information is baffling to many of us and makes those posters look inexperienced, ill informed, childish, or even just plain ignorant. Its why some are not taken seriously on here ever.

Saying all that above doesn't imply that many of you aren't' great contributors to this board as fans, buyers, or sellers. What it means is when you mock an honest attempt to get at the truth it lessens your credibility.

Si.

It's especially usefull to us casual eBay users.

Who owns muppet babies? They talk about them a lot. lol

APPARENTLY, they were first introduced in one of the live muppet movies. Was watching it with my wife, and was like "what"?? I thought they were just cartoons.

doh!

Never, ever be upset about 15x on your bread.

Well ya, obviously it was good. But it's the whole hold vs sell thing. And 140 vs 500 is quite a difference.

More Moderns that are doing well on eBay:

Doctor Who #9 Gamestop Variant @ $102 & 4 bids.

Justice League #3 Sketch Variant @ $71 & 14 bids.

Superman Unchained #1 1:100 Variant @ $56 & 14 bids.

Spawn #232 Sketch Variant @ $30 & 12 bids.

Nightwing #1 (1996) @ $15+ & 7 bids.

Uncanny X-Force #4 @ $20 & 8 bids.

More for your viewing pleasure and a completely redone look and feel to make it even faster to find the juicy stuff!

Hey, Ive noticed on the site, you cannot unclick block walking dead, and click show only CGC graded or show variants, if you adjust one they all reset

lol settle down bro

make sense "bro", and feel free to demonstrate how i am not "settled".

lol

However, if you are just mindlessly trying to pick sides in a debate not involving you, and going with who you like/relate to, then refer to fastballspecial's post ;)

Ya, I was wondering what's his deal. Is comic dealing his full-time job? Side job while in school?

Where does he get all the money to buy his stuff?

etc

its not his, 99% of it is being the online seller for the people he works for