• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,848 posts in this topic

Fine, you win the internets. How about taking war this to PM, or another thread, or anywhere but here, or just shut up.

You tried to bring up a debate that had nothing to do with you, almost a day after it was done and over. Follow your own bolded advice champ

lol settle down bro

make sense "bro", and feel free to demonstrate how i am not "settled".

lol

However, if you are just mindlessly trying to pick sides in a debate not involving you, and going with who you like/relate to, then refer to fastballspecial's post ;)

Fine, you win the internets. How about taking war this to PM, or another thread, or anywhere but here, or just shut up.

Flattery will get you nowhere around here.... (tsk)

I think "sonny" would have been more effective, but that is just picking nits.

lol , i almost went with some sort of hoss/boss variant, but decided on champ.

Definitely had some funny times at work back in the day, going back and forth listing every one of those I could think of.

champ

sonny

fella

lil fella

boss

hoss

slugger

chief

big guy

big fella

shooter

tex

partner

comrade

buddy

pal

kid

etc, etc, etc

:grin:

Edited by CBT

"Tiger" and "big boy" also resonate when used properly.

And my favorite is "cupcake." Used on me in line at a Colts/Chiefs playoff game. I was explaining that either a hangover or more likely a diet prevented me from drinking alcohol, and some random Chiefs Chick who overheard, goes "Just have a beer, cupcake."

My buddies still drop "cupcake" on me at appropriate intervals. :facepalm:

"Tiger" and "big boy" also resonate when used properly.

And my favorite is "cupcake." Used on me in line at a Colts/Chiefs playoff game. I was explaining that either a hangover or more likely a diet prevented me from drinking alcohol, and some random Chiefs Chick who overheard, goes "Just have a beer, cupcake."

My buddies still drop "cupcake" on me at appropriate intervals. :facepalm:

Duly noted.

:devil:

-slym

I'm going with 'slugger' - very American and will probably get a run-out at Friday nights Football.

'Sit down slugger,missed by a mile'.

Added to beer and 50,000 Carlton fans, should make for a rather emboldened night of festivities. (You American fellows should just google Carlton and AFL) - otherwise this will make no sense. (thumbs u

10 pages of The Big Bang Theory followed by 10 pages of monikers. And a few scattered the secondary market burst comments because they have an inventory everyone else has.

stay calm Chumperstiltskin lol

Edited by CBT

I'm still not understanding the X-Force #4 phenomenon.

Here's the rounded print runs. Only issue that has more than a 1st printing, or crazy multiple covers is #1. Does the 5,000 issue jump make a difference? The month or two for orders/readership to catch up? It stabilizes around 50,000, so why not the heat on #5, 6, 7, etc?

#

1------96,000

2------57,000

3------56,000

4------51,000

5------51,000

5.1---50,000

6------51,000

7------55,000

8------51,000

9------52,000

10-----51,000

Don't think print run has much to do with the popularity of UXF 4. For awhile I think it was hot simply because there wasn't a reprint of it. Issues 1-3 were reprinted in a "must-have" format and there wasn't a trade. Now there's a trade and the prices have cooled. $20 is still a good price for a raw, but its not where it once was. I think two years ago they were in the 30-40 range raw.

And hey - look at the sales numbers for New 52 Batman 1. That book does crazy money now and had a 188k print run, plus several extra printings.

I'm still not understanding the X-Force #4 phenomenon.

Here's the rounded print runs. Only issue that has more than a 1st printing, or crazy multiple covers is #1. Does the 5,000 issue jump make a difference? The month or two for orders/readership to catch up? It stabilizes around 50,000, so why not the heat on #5, 6, 7, etc?

#

1------96,000

2------57,000

3------56,000

4------51,000

5------51,000

5.1---50,000

6------51,000

7------55,000

8------51,000

9------52,000

10-----51,000

Don't think print run has much to do with the popularity of UXF 4. For awhile I think it was hot simply because there wasn't a reprint of it. Issues 1-3 were reprinted in a "must-have" format and there wasn't a trade. Now there's a trade and the prices have cooled. $20 is still a good price for a raw, but its not where it once was. I think two years ago they were in the 30-40 range raw.

And hey - look at the sales numbers for New 52 Batman 1. That book does crazy money now and had a 188k print run, plus several extra printings.

My lcs still had a copy yesterday for cover price. So I picked it up. I know a few in my area that have it for cover.