• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

You're right. I've never seen Harbinger #1 in the dollar bin; I've seen it in the 4 for a $1 bin at my LCS back in the day.

UNLIKELY, but let's say it's true...

You're a fool if you didn't buy every single copy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151052019107

Harbinger #1 is the single highest valued REGULAR issue from 1992... from any publisher.

You're right. I've never seen Harbinger #1 in the dollar bin; I've seen it in the 4 for a $1 bin at my LCS back in the day.

UNLIKELY, but let's say it's true...

You're a fool if you didn't buy every single copy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151052019107

Harbinger #1 is the single highest valued REGULAR issue from 1992... from any publisher.

I TOTALLY agree with you Valiantman but I have to ask...Man of Steel avatar? Really? That movie was god awful!

I missed the boat on the Last of Us comic, to bad cause it was a good digital read. With all the hype over the game and comics i did manage to convince Gamestop to give me one of these tho!

KGrHqJHJFcFGmRbhBBR45gRDg60_12_zpsd0a04528.jpg

Naughty Dog actually make it quite easy for people to contact them you should ask to see if you can send it to them for signing with a return pre-paid. I have done this with Valve for games I and my brothers are fans of with success.

:P

Just offloaded my first lot of #1's and have a stack of #2's to get through now....

Awesome, thanks!

I TOTALLY agree with you Valiantman but I have to ask...Man of Steel avatar? Really? That movie was god awful!

I've been a fan of Superman since I was two. June 2013 is his 75th anniversary and there's a blockbuster movie.

I'd say it's worth celebrating for just a little while. :whee:

I missed the boat on the Last of Us comic, to bad cause it was a good digital read. With all the hype over the game and comics i did manage to convince Gamestop to give me one of these tho!

KGrHqJHJFcFGmRbhBBR45gRDg60_12_zpsd0a04528.jpg

Naughty Dog actually make it quite easy for people to contact them you should ask to see if you can send it to them for signing with a return pre-paid. I have done this with Valve for games I and my brothers are fans of with success.

:P

Just offloaded my first lot of #1's and have a stack of #2's to get through now....

Awesome, thanks!

... because you would never have gotten there yourself ... not in a million ;)

http://www.naughtydog.com/contact/

(off topic

Shame I missed Gooseman by 2 weeks, then I would have gotten both creators/devs :( ... but Jess Cliffe is awesome and apparently on the HL3 dev team :)

So strange to never have spoke nto him but know his voice so well

b3nknFp.jpg

)

Now just to be clear, this book originally sold at $1.95 and some time back in the 90's was a $200+ book but than feel back down to earth after the comic explosion and was $1 bin feeder food. I found this recent auction most interesting. Hopefully the Valiant community can tell me what I missed. :whistle::shy:

Harbinger #1 @ $30 & 4 bids.

Harbinger #1 was never in the $1 bin. Harbinger #15 - #30 have been dollar bin books... but not the early ones*.

*There is a coupon that should be inside #1 through #6. If it's cut out, the books lose MOST of the value.

When sellers don't mention the coupon, buyers don't know what to bid... it's a gamble.

Valiant 1993-1994 common issues have been in the $1 bin, but Harbinger #1 (January 1992) never fell below about $10... even when Valiant was dead for 10 years.

With Valiant's return to publishing, some of the key early books are getting a little more attention.

The last few sales of Harbinger #1 on Ebay have been $50... with a few at $70.

My guess is that people think they're getting 9.6 and 9.8 when they buy these raw.

It's more likely they're getting 9.0.

What's funny is that this auction SAYS the book is raw 9.0.

It should be around $15, if that's the case. $30 is double the standard market price for VF/NM.

I believe I sold my last VF/NM H1 with coupon for $45....yes, here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=321066298021

Of course, my VF/NMs are better than everyone else's. meh Seriously. I have another one listed and I often get questions like "I can't see anything wrong with it, why is is a 9.0"?

My reply is "minor subtle surface wear invisible in the scan." The real answer to that question is that it's 9.0 because it's really a bit better, but I don't want there to be any reasonable question about grading.

I will get the $45 eventually. Again. :)

Sorry I missed this post gents...

UPDATE: buyer is a non-payer. Filed a claim, getting my fees back. I'll let you know who in comics general tomorrow.....

R

I've been a fan of Superman since I was two. June 2013 is his 75th anniversary and there's a blockbuster movie.

I'd say it's worth celebrating for just a little while. :whee:

fair enough.

For what it's worth Lock & Key Rumors are back...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/universal-picks-up-locke-key-571840

Issues to own? I think I am right on all of these. It could be issue 3 not two of Snaked but I cannot remember for sure.

Futuristic tales of the here and now 3

Snaked 2

Badger Saves the World 3

Doctor Who Classics 2, 2b

Spider-Man Unlimited 8

Don't forget Grave Tales 6.

Also the skeleton key variant to Welcome to Lovecraft and pretty much all of the signed variants will be hard to come by.

...also keep in mind the colorized and slightly altered version of Grave Tales #6 appears in The Skeleton Ghost Key Variant to Welcome to Lovecraft (The Ghost Key made an appearance in Boom's Hellraiser #1 too).

"Grave Tales 6" had a Goon cameo too.

(off topic

b3nknFp.jpg

)

That game cost me two women, countless friends, an apartment deposit, and my first job out of college. Oh, and my credit rating.

But I'd go back to CPL all over again for it. (thumbs u

UPDATE: buyer is a non-payer. Filed a claim, getting my fees back. I'll let you know who in comics general tomorrow.....

R

like that drives me crazy. Did they give you an excuse Ryan? Or attempt to give you positive feedback so as to soften the blow?

Ebay does nothing to help sellers these days.

Ebay does nothing to help buyers these days.

Well, they do give the seller the option to offer the item to the next highest bidder. At least when I used to sell on Ebay they did that. Do they not offer that option any more?

I probably could have phrased that better. I meant to say that eBay doesn't do anything to help buyers weed out deadbeat bidders. I'd love to be able to look at the status of a high bidder and see that they've had multiple non-paying strikes against their account and therefore cancel their bids.

Two possible reasons your Peter Panzerfaust #1 didn't sell for a lot of money.

1. You're on the Probation list, so people on the CGC boards probably have your listings blocked (I do)

2. Shipping it too expensive

I'm sure theres at least one seller here on the boards that is a sad panda for what you did to them. 2c

Two possible reasons your Peter Panzerfaust #1 didn't sell for a lot of money.

1. You're on the Probation list, so people on the CGC boards probably have your listings blocked (I do)

2. Shipping it too expensive

I'm sure theres at least one seller here on the boards that is a sad panda for what you did to them. 2c

tumblr_m0wq8kcpaF1r7k7dmo1_500.gif

Edited by awakeintheashes

R

eBay deadbeat: chapao12

R

eBay deadbeat: chapao12

added to blocked bidder. thanks..