• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

SUPERMAN BATMAN MOVIE 2015

So Superman will laser eye everyone, while not being affected by bullets, punches, or energy blasts.

And Batman will...........give him moral support and possibly a bagel sandwich??

:roflmao:

someone doesnt read superman or batman :(

Si.

I've read a LITTLE bit of B-Man.

Long Hallo's End, Dying Laugh, Shhhhhhh, Kingdom Go, etc etc.

They were pretty good.

So Superman will laser eye everyone, while not being affected by bullets, punches, or energy blasts.

And Batman will...........give him moral support and possibly a bagel sandwich??

But seriously though, I mean, in comics, they tend to make it look like the "ordinary" man can stand toe-to-toe with the big guys. When you have Hawkeye, Daredevil, Batman, etc. and then you have threats/or beings like Magneto, Thanos, Superman, Ms.Marvel, ANY cosmic hero/villain, no, in real life they're not holding their own. I don't care HOW smart and/or skilled you are.

Comics draw the stroy out, even the playing fields at times, build drama, eventually have the good guys win. And obviously it makes for a better story. In reality though, if things went down how they would, the powerful enemies could literally annhilate half of the heroes in like two seconds. (and vise-versa with powerful heroes vs........Stilt man? The Chameleon?? Vulture?? Mystique?? Lex Luthor??

I shutter to think if DC would've found a killer actor for both Supes and Batman years ago and stayed loyal and consistent through all the movies like Hugh Jackman has for Wolverine. IMO they would be reaping the rewards a lot more than currently. 2c

Wolverine Origins sucked donkey scrote- what's your point?

ugghh another movie Ryan Reynolds ruined....that guy is like movie kryptonite

Remember when he was in good movies? You know, 2002?

Even his good movies were mess.

Got me to thinking.... what was Ryan Reynolds stand out role? The one that just set it off? That's a toughie

?? Van Wilder was is kind of break-out role I think, and the one he's probably most associated with.

Didn't see Buried, but looks good, and I could see him being good in this, although I wouldn't say it's high profile, even if it is good.

He was great in Waiting, but didn't carry the movie. It was mostly a good ensemble cast and good writing.

?? ?? ??

PS. Ever notice how SO many actors have GIANT faces/heads??

Look at Ryan Reynolds and Ben Affleck. They each must have like 40 pounds of face.

The only Reynolds movies I liked were Buried and then Amityville Horror. That's it.

But seriously though, I mean, in comics, they tend to make it look like the "ordinary" man can stand toe-to-toe with the big guys. When you have Hawkeye, Daredevil, Batman, etc. and then you have threats/or beings like Magneto, Thanos, Superman, Ms.Marvel, ANY cosmic hero/villain, no, in real life they're not holding their own. I don't care HOW smart and/or skilled you are.

Comics draw the stroy out, even the playing fields at times, build drama, eventually have the good guys win. And obviously it makes for a better story. In reality though, if things went down how they would, the powerful enemies could literally annhilate half of the heroes in like two seconds. (and vise-versa with powerful heroes vs........Stilt man? The Chameleon?? Vulture?? Mystique?? Lex Luthor??

i somewhat agree. But batman isnt an ordinary man and its because of how smart and skilled he is that makes him a threat to everyone. i mean ra's al gul ran through justice league only with the help of batmans files. because of how smart he is, he probably has kryptonite toothpaste, hair gel, etc just in case supes tries to act the fool

That reminds me of the unintentionally funny scene towards the end of Avengers where the heroes regroup. You have Iron Man, Hulk, Thor... and Black Widow reloads her gun. Yep, she's clearly not out of her league there.

I laughed my butt off watching Just Friends for the first couple times. Its a funny movie and Amy Smart is cute.

+1 There is something about this movie that I really like. Probably Amy Smart.

Seems a lot of people didn't like Chaos Theory, but I thought it wasn't bad.

Edited by awakeintheashes

I laughed my butt off watching Just Friends for the first couple times. Its a funny movie and Amy Smart is cute.

+1 There is something about this movie that I really like. Probably Amy Smart.

Seems a lot of people didn't like Chaos Theory, but I thought it wasn't bad.

I really thought Chaos Theory was straight to DVD until I just looked it up. I didn't think it was bad either.

i somewhat agree. But batman isnt an ordinary man and its because of how smart and skilled he is that makes him a threat to everyone. i mean ra's al gul ran through justice league only with the help of batmans files. because of how smart he is, he probably has kryptonite toothpaste, hair gel, etc just in case supes tries to act the fool

I mean, he has his strengths, and I know what you mean, but think in practical terms. (I don't know DC), but say evil-Superman style villain, Darkseid?, etc wanted to, they could just find Batman (or in a fight), go RIGHT for him, they're super-speed and all, and just murder him outright. No smarts in the world is going to stop that. Or a beam from 200 ft in the air. etc etc.

That reminds me of the unintentionally funny scene towards the end of Avengers where the heroes regroup. You have Iron Man, Hulk, Thor... and Black Widow reloads her gun. Yep, she's clearly not out of her league there.

I can't stand how they added Widowmaker in this. Why not Scarlet Dub, Ms.Marvel, even Tigra.

Is this a Dukes40 thread only or can others participate? :grin:

Haha. Sorry. Not trying to take over.

When I'm away for a few days, I tend to read through and comment as I read.

And YES, your guys' commentary on actual stuff that is heating up IS far more interesting. It's the reason why I started reading this thread, and continue to. I find there's huge lulls sometimes, so that's when random chat just happens.

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

Is this a Dukes40 thread only or can others participate? :grin:

Haha. Sorry. Not trying to take over.

When I'm away for a few days, I tend to read through and comment as I read.

And YES, your guys' commentary on actual stuff that is heating up IS far more interesting. It's the reason why I started reading this thread, and continue to. I find there's huge lulls sometimes, so that's when random chat just happens.

:juggle: :juggle: :juggle:

We just playin.....besides other then whetteon posting his stuff, this thread goes nowhere usually zzz