• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

These were $11.99 including shipping on their sire. I bet it brings at least that lol

$25 international shipping, what a joke.

That's what it costs, dingus :P Most unfortunate, yes, but a PM flat rate international envelope is $24.95. And if you want a high grade book to arrive in HG condition in any decent amount of time, you need to pack it well, and give it priority handling.

I was talking about Action Lab's website.

I don't think they would arrive in NM anyways so $25 is a joke when it costs me $18 to ship a slab tracked anywhere in the US.

and add to that, being charged duty on an order that you don't pay duty on. your charged for potential duty charges. I called ebay and told them it was out and out theft, they loved that

Well the item is being shipped twice, right? But I agree 100%, anytime I see import charges it's almost enough to walk away from an auction. On lower priced US-based items under $30, we're priced out of the market for it compared to US buyers.

So when e-bay took that stance against price gouging through shipping fees, it was because they wanted that racket all to themselves....well played e-bay...well played...

Yep, follow the money. They took over the default insurance option also.

Personally I ship without insurance or tracking...I pack real well, but I take a chance with the guy on the other end taking advantage of me. Hasn't happened yet, and never had damage either, so far it seems worth it...like my own personal insurance program....

That being said, if they buy over 50 bucks I'm gonna track and insure..but otherwise my ebay stuff will slow to a crawl and only the combined shipping crowd would buy from me...

I did get this weird message that charging 20 bucks to ship a clone set was too much, but that seemed to be an auto message....just a little ironic...

ebay isn't the best way to sell your comics....it's the only way ( mostly )

Anyone know when the cons stop for a bit? It's been non-stop con action and it really puts the kibosh on pressing TOTs.

Mid October? There will always be the local ones in big cities. But all I can really think of that is left that attracts the whole region is Baltimore in September and NYCC in October.

Personally I ship without insurance or tracking...

I have had too many sold item sit at a UPS and USPS distribution centers so tracking #'s are a godsend to avoid the wrath of a buyer. It also eliminates the negative on slow shipping comment that has gotten numerous people kicked off as sellers.

I have had too many sold item sit at a UPS and USPS distribution centers so tracking #'s are a godsend to avoid the wrath of a buyer. It also eliminates the negative on slow shipping comment that has gotten numerous people kicked off as sellers.

I only use priority mail flat rate envelopes now as it comes with tracking and insurance for up to $50 for free. People complain about the price being $5.60 for a single book to be shipped sometimes but it is the peace of mind that is worth the price. Plus if you are a power seller and top rated seller, it only costs you $4.95 which is the break even point almost.

Stopped selling to Canada after some rare Zenescope variants never showed up but then the buyer magically had the same copies of the books to sell and eBay and paypal would not do anything about it.

I only use priority mail flat rate envelopes now as it comes with tracking and insurance for up to $50 for free. People complain about the price being $5.60 for a single book to be shipped sometimes but it is the peace of mind that is worth the price. Plus if you are a power seller and top rated seller, it only costs you $4.95 which is the break even point almost.

Stopped selling to Canada after some rare Zenescope variants never showed up but then the buyer magically had the same copies of the books to sell and eBay and paypal would not do anything about it.

why not just use first class for a single book? cheaper for both buyer and shipper and tracking is free.

side note, why do some people still not print postage through ebay?

why not just use first class for a single book? cheaper for both buyer and shipper and tracking is free.

side note, why do some people still not print postage through ebay?

Personally, I ship 1-2 comics via 1st Class Mail for $2.95 and 3-5 comics via Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope for $5.95 from my eBay store within the USA. And I normally ship comics to Canada and all other international locations via 1st Class Mail International envelope. And all of my eBay sales are shipped and postage paid through eBay as well.

One comic book packed is seven ounces. $2.39 First Class with free Tracking if you do it online.

7 ounces in an envelope.

11 ounces in an S-342, which most of us grade junkies should be shipping in anyway.

Thank you for the link. I just reuse those when I get them from MCS.

http://www.diamondcomics.com/Home/1/1/3/733?articleID=113628

Years ago this was a smokin book. Nice to see it come around again. It was a Wizard favorite years ago.