• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me why Barman #1 new 52 is worth that much even in 9.8? I mean its a rehash of Batman but does this classify as a key or first appearance? I'm just a little confused cause its not that old. (shrug)

Edited by natevegas

Can someone tell me why Barman #1 new 52 is worth that much even in 9.8? I mean its a rehash of Batman but does this classify as a key or first appearance? I'm just a little confused cause its not that old. (shrug)

1) It's Batman.

2) It's a #1.

3) Best book from the New 52 (Snyder's Batman rocks).

4) It's Batman.

5) Capullo rocks the art.

6) Batman is everywhere.

7) Oh, and did I mention, it's Batman!

lol

Funny how the Big 2 are now coping Image. Says something for the clout of Image doesn't it?

I think Marvel was doing $1 issues around the same time, if not before Image did. Seems that all companies are doing this now.

1) It's Batman.

2) It's a #1.

4) It's Batman.

6) Batman is everywhere.

lol

Yeah but....

1. Its not old

2. Its not rare

3. Its not a key issue or first appearance

4. The print a boat load of Batman books so what makes these worth 140 +

Maybe the answer is just because. I'm lost.

1) It's Batman.

2) It's a #1.

4) It's Batman.

6) Batman is everywhere.

lol

Yeah but....

1. Its not old

2. Its not rare

:gossip: Btw, don't look up what the 1:200 sketch sells for... your head will explode! lol

I think I have to give up on killjoys, cause it's really frustrating me how confusing it is...is it just me, do I lack the necessary braincells to get it?

anyone else?

Definitely not just you. Big thumbs down for me. I dropped it.

Pat

1) It's Batman.

2) It's a #1.

4) It's Batman.

6) Batman is everywhere.

lol

Yeah but....

1. Its not old

2. Its not rare

The only reason any comic book is "worth" anything is because multiple are willing to pay that amount to own it. Most people were born a few decades too late and/or are now priced out of owning a copy of Detective Comics 27 or Batman 1, volume 1 so Batman 1, volume 2 is a viable starting point for new collectors. The book has 5 printings. Plus it has steadily increased in value and is likely the best choice among any New 52 book to continue to see an increase in value as the years pass by, both because of the character and because of the quality of the book. So its an affordable book to buy into as both a collector and a speculator. If you look at most modern comics compared to older comics it can be argued that they are grossly overvalued across the board.

1) It's Batman.

2) It's a #1.

4) It's Batman.

6) Batman is everywhere.

lol

Yeah but....

1. Its not old

2. Its not rare

The only reason any comic book is "worth" anything is because multiple are willing to pay that amount to own it. Most people were born a few decades too late and/or are now priced out of owning a copy of Detective Comics 27 or Batman 1, volume 1 so Batman 1, volume 2 is a viable starting point for new collectors. The book has 5 printings. Plus it has steadily increased in value and is likely the best choice among any New 52 book to continue to see an increase in value as the years pass by, both because of the character and because of the quality of the book. So its an affordable book to buy into as both a collector and a speculator. If you look at most modern comics compared to older comics it can be argued that they are grossly overvalued across the board.

And Ill add the print run was only like 180k. Now that may seem like a lot compared to say Image titles....but tiny compared to some books from the 90s.