• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I saw Todd in previews and ordered 10 copies.

I didn't read it until the trade paper back came out.

words can't describe how good of a read it is.

hope you kept those diamond issues, that's a color first appearance if i have ever seen one

:lol:

OK. to be 100% honest. I read Todd #1 when it came out and though it was mess. Has it actually gotten decent or are people just all over it cause it has a potential TV deal.

It is hard to say whether it has improved since what we like in comics can be quite different. The only thing is that Todd has always have a stable fan base, based on the print run numbers. There was not much speculation in the scale that other titles like EoW or Lazarus have experienced.

The TV news serves to attract more attention to the title and hopefully, some among them will like the series and become fans.

You would think that would be the case, but looking at TSG it didn't materialize into sustained readership increase.

OK. to be 100% honest. I read Todd #1 when it came out and though it was mess. Has it actually gotten decent or are people just all over it cause it has a potential TV deal.

It is hard to say whether it has improved since what we like in comics can be quite different. The only thing is that Todd has always have a stable fan base, based on the print run numbers. There was not much speculation in the scale that other titles like EoW or Lazarus have experienced.

The TV news serves to attract more attention to the title and hopefully, some among them will like the series and become fans.

You would think that would be the case, but looking at TSG it didn't materialize into sustained readership increase.

Again this is the correct example until the show is actually on TV. Once or if its on TV then the above example doesn't apply.

File under 'should be heating up'.....

The website WallStreetCheatSheet has been throwing a lot of love to studios working on comic related projects lately, but here's its latest...

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/6-dc-comics-film-projects-ready-to-bust-out.html/?ref=YF

Some we know about (Flash & JLA) and some we've been hearing about for years (looking at you Yorrick), but Guillermo del Toro having a passion for Justice League Dark seems like a good fit that could happen.

Pardon my ignorance but is Justice League Dark just a team of villians? Is it a good read?

All the magic characters with Constantine somewhat being the leader. One of the best reads of the New 52 titles.

Edited by lemonman5

hope you kept those diamond issues, that's a color first appearance if i have ever seen one

keeps me laughing.

keeps me laughing.

in all seriousness though todd really is worth buying.

I'd hesitate to compare ANYTHING to Walking Dead. The last time I saw anything resembling the WD phenomenon is TMNT. So, what is that - every 20 years or so in Modern Comics, something like this in comics comes along that sweeps up the general public into a pop cultural frenzy, which then translates into those comics rising to and then sustaining 4-figure prices? (Bone is another title where the 1st issue is highly valued, but it's never had the frenzy WD has.)

Not saying PP doesn't have the potential. But setting WD-level expectations is likely to lead to disappointment. Also, genre fans (zombies) naturally gravitate to comics and collecting hobbies. Those types of fans I can see spending thousands of dollars on a comic. WW2 fans, not so much. But I'd love to be wrong here! 2c

I was thinking this.

Todd has the same low print run as WD 1 also. (Around 7500) The unique humor sets it apart from most books out there, so it will have staying power.

Great humor is hard to come by. Think of all the quality sc-fi/fantasy/horror comics that come out each month compared to humorous comics. It is really difficult to write great comedy so when something like this comes along the rise in value is justified. I enjoy this book because the buzz is generates is not artificially created by 3D variants and other gimmicks.

Todd has the same low print run as WD 1 also. (Around 7500) The unique humor sets it apart from most books out there, so it will have staying power.

Great humor is hard to come by. Think of all the quality sc-fi/fantasy/horror comics that come out each month compared to humorous comics. It is really difficult to write great comedy so when something like this comes along the rise in value is justified. I enjoy this book because the buzz is generates is not artificially created by 3D variants and other gimmicks.

Very good point. Outside of the old timers from Mad magazine ( and some of that wasn't that great ) you don't see a lot of funny stuff. No subtleties in vocal delivery and body movement is possible in a comic. I think Ken does a great job with it.

I don't care for 3D, holographic, etched, or any kind of special cover at a higher price point but I don't mind a choice on the art. Avatar is the exception lol

I think ghosted is definitely a contender...tight writing...

but since it got changed from mini to full series...it's hard to know where they are going to go with this...they catch one ghost and then they have to steel more ghosts?