• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Dog days of summer are still here. On Feebay just now (4-Sept-2013):

Revival #1 blue label 9.8 for less than $30

Peter Panzerfaust #9 (first capt hook) SS 9.8 for $46

:gossip: First Hook is PP #8... Still a crazy price for a 9.8 SS PP #9.

Revival is old news.

Onward the next title for speculation!!

I'm gonna go all defensive.

Revival is as old as PP and Saga.

Revival's one to own (#1 sketch) has retained its value as much as the Saga RRP ($220 and $520 respectively over the summer months).

One of my favorite threads here is Revival. Many members (eg- Harvey) minimize speculation and put most weight on the story.

I never saw anyone post any re: an NBC Universal affiliate (Syfy) sponsoring the French tpb over six months after NBC picked it up.

Most posts are speculation not on tv/movies but what is happening next in the story. The story is about an A- overall story that has one of the best early hooks in modern comics IMO. The hook in the first issue is A+++ and has helped to pull in new readers.

And yes, I realize that those on the CGC/modern/Revival do not make up all Revival collectors.

Revival is old news.

Onward the next title for speculation!!

I'm gonna go all defensive.

Revival is as old as PP and Saga.

Revival's one to own (#1 sketch) has retained its value as much as the Saga RRP ($220 and $520 respectively over the summer months).

One of my favorite threads here is Revival. Many members (eg- Harvey) minimize speculation and put most weight on the story.

I never saw anyone post any re: an NBC Universal affiliate (Syfy) sponsoring the French tpb over six months after NBC picked it up.

Most posts are speculation not on tv/movies but what is happening next in the story. The story is about an A- overall story that has one of the best early hooks in modern comics IMO. The hook in the first issue is A+++ and has helped to pull in new readers.

And yes, I realize that those on the CGC/modern/Revival do not make up all Revival collectors.

I gotta agree with you here, except I was hooked on Revival from the preview in the FCBD 2012 issue!! lol

It's a really good story and one of my "must reads" every month!

Ya, I tried Pro Line for football once or twice. NEVER bet on football.

My second time was the week that Flutie decided to get awesome with the Bills, and killed the then super-powered Jaguars.

NEVER AGAIN!

Don't play proline play on Bodog. I can send you my referral code so I get a bonus. MUCH MUCH more to bet on and better odds/payouts.

It has a 100 or so bets for the superbowl from everything like anthem length to gatorade colour. During the regular season you can be on how well certain players will or will not preform as well as spreads and lines.

Not sure which is more fun...I think football betting has the immediate sensation you won where comic books can be YEARS down the road.

LOVE playing, love watching, but sports betting really has never appealed to me.

I saw Todd in previews and ordered 10 copies.

I didn't read it until the trade paper back came out.

words can't describe how good of a read it is.

hope you kept those diamond issues, that's a color first appearance if i have ever seen one

IMG_2667_zpsb62eeb1f.jpg

Ef Off!

hahahaha.

:insane:

I saw Todd in previews and ordered 10 copies.

I didn't read it until the trade paper back came out.

words can't describe how good of a read it is.

hope you kept those diamond issues, that's a color first appearance if i have ever seen one

IMG_2667_zpsb62eeb1f.jpg

Ef Off!

hahahaha.

:insane:

My copy has a drawn in every one of those guys mouths :sorry:

There is a lot of stupid mess that comes out every week.

Ghosted is still a great read.

From the preview write-up, I passed on it. To me, it sounded kind of dull, stupid, etc.

Hard to tell sometimes.

Comedic writing is fickle. I liked Not Branch Ecch when it came out. But supporters don't pay for comedy when looking back in hindsight. Rem the Tick, Megaton Man, etc.?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOT-BRAND-ECHH-1-1ST-ISSUE-JACK-KIRBY-ROSS-ANDRU-/390652715938?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5af4b763a2

Now, if Todd gets a TV/Movie/Cartoon, then that will bump it. And if it is decent production, then you got a rocket on your hands.

What about Deadpool though?? It turned into a (lame style) humour book.

$99 for a 9.8 SDCC Variant of Ghosted #1

am I the only one confused by this? I have 4 raw 9.6/9.8 candidates that a friend got me. was this just an anomaly, or is this variant that hot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghosted-1-SDCC-Exclusive-2013-CGC-9-8-Image-Comics-/350859806364?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item51b0dfc69c

I bought it raw for $20. I thought the cover was great and the print run would be low.

+1

That cover really stands out and the colors work great with the art. I can't recall anything else looking quite like it. To me, this is what a variant cover should be. No glitz just for the sake of glitz, just a good looking addition.

Absolute WORST variants are the sketch ones. WHY would you want an inferior version of the original cover ?? (with few FEW exceptions).

Superman Unchained #1 3D Variant cover remains king @ $252 & 2 bids.

Forever Evil #1 3D 1 Per Store Variant @ $152 & 7 bids.

Batman #1 1:200 Variant @ $122 & 7 bids.

Forever Evil #1 3D 1:25 Variant @ $102 & 12 bids.

Star Wars #1 Sketch Variant @ $61 & 7 bids in VF/NM condition.

Amazing Spider-Man #546 Sketch Variant @ $56 & 16 bids with reserve not met.

So today is all about Forever Evil and DC! There are a ton of Forever Evil's being listed on ebay right now. A TON! :eek:

Dropped in at the mall comic and sports place, picked up 3 Batman/Joker, 1 Justice League/Darkseid, 1 Action Comics/Cyborg, and 1 Batman and Robin/Two-Face 3D variants, all for cover.

They had another 3 or 4 Batmen, but they limited quantities.

:banana: