• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

Not sure if this was discussed or not (new to modern age collecting) but catwoman 23 is exploding, I saw a guy list one for 84$ and cover is 2.99$ all pre-orders on the jokers daughter villain month book are sold out and once the catwoman 24 comes next month Which is battle between the two I'm sure that will sell quickly, I'm buying my copy of 23, pre-ordering 24 but can't find JD Any were

The Joker's daughter already feel over hyped. Every time some new first appearance sees interest like this it often fails as a long term comic collectible. I hope she's the new 52 Stephanie Brown so all of her fans throw themselves of a bridge.

Edited by MrWeen

Hello there! New here as well and very thankful to have found this thread. I was reading through some of the past pages and it had some really good stuff. I think another reason for the huge popularity spike in Joker's Daughter is that some people think it might be the same as Nyx #3 with Wolverine's daughter. I don't know much about Marvel, but that's just what I think of the whole situation.

Hello there! New here as well and very thankful to have found this thread. I was reading through some of the past pages and it had some really good stuff. I think another reason for the huge popularity spike in Joker's Daughter is that some people think it might be the same as Nyx #3 with Wolverine's daughter. I don't know much about Marvel, but that's just what I think of the whole situation.

the problem with that is nyx 3 had no hype prior to release, it took some time for people to realize the importance of the issue. a better comparision may be to Daken. Wolverine's son was highly anticipated and then no one cared. if not for that rare variant of his first appearance collectors still wouldnt care.

WTTB ! NYX #3 was a sneaky surprise more like Catwoman 23 than the 3D cover will be IMHO. I have no doubt both of these books will be short term hits but long term will depend on how much people want to read about the character. The Joker's daughter was in the Teen Titans when I was a kid and was called Harlequin ( sound familiar lol ). She was never an upper echelon character. As with all things, time will tell.

Oooh, good point about Daken. See, I don't know mess about Marvel lol . And wasn't the 'old' Joker's daughter just Duela Dent? If this new one is the actual spawn of Joker and Harley that'd be pretty neat. Also, I remember seeing Skyward #1 today when I was reading back a few weeks worth of pages. Haven't kept track of it, but if anyone still wants to buy some, Midtown has them for cover price.