• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Midtown keeps sending me packages of 6 copies of EoW #5. And the invoice always says $0.00. I'm up to 18 copies. I don't know what's happening.

You might be glad they did as this book progresses. Pretty big reveal...

East of West 1 seems to be doing well with BIN but auction just isn't getting it done yet.

3 dies at $12 each

http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-West-1-first-print-Image-comics-NM-new-unread-Hickman-Dragotta-/380711835012?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item58a4319584

1 copy at $15

http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-of-West-1-March-2013-Image-First-Print-NM-M-/300965212335?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4612ecb0af

Auctions are bringing $4 up to the $7 to $8 range.

Playing the wait and see game on mine...I don't see the bottom falling out of this one any time soon. I'd rather see a gradual steady increase, similar to Saga 1.

Yeah it seems a slow build which I much prefer over explosions. The story is solid, the writer is solid and has a built in audience from previous books. Its a winner its just not what Sports Card speculators are used too.

Pure Sports Card speculators are starting to struggle with the fact that quick flip books are slowing down now. Its a reflection in the market I think now. I would be definitely concerned if I was buying a ton of new issues and trying to make a profit on them because its getting harder.(Though I doubt they will admit that.)

Fixed that for you

:signfunny: Indeed, the days of preordering 100 copies of every image #1 and flipping for a profit are over. Things are back to normal and by normal, I mean there is still money to be made for people who know comics and can spot trends early. This is more sustainable in the long term, and more fun, at least for me. More bargains to be had when people are not paying tomorrow's prices today.

(thumbs u Completely agree

Midtown keeps sending me packages of 6 copies of EoW #5. And the invoice always says $0.00. I'm up to 18 copies. I don't know what's happening.

You might be glad they did as this book progresses. Pretty big reveal...

Yeah, there are a lot of characters so far and it's impossible to know how important or insignificant they may become. The story evolves with each issue. There are a lot of 1st appearances so far and I would say issues 5 and 6 are major in that they are introducing 2 potential heavy hitters.

How would buying at cover been risky on Conan or Howard? Conan got expensive and stayed expensive. Howard has been up and down, but I think it never wasn't a $3-$5 book even if it was $25 at one point.

Dazzler 1 was in a lot of 50 cent boxes for a long time. You could have gotten burned on that one along with New Mutants 1, Rom 1, Alpha Flight 1 and a lot of #1 from the early 80s.

It's only risky ion the context of the other books out at the time. In and of themselves, - great books. Contextualized with all the other options at the same time - less so.

Everyone is happy to tell you about the time they bought 25 copies of ASM 300. The entire New Universe... not so much.

Anyhow - I don't want to be a thorn here! :eek:

My original interest was more in the lifecycle of the modern pricing. I think they tend to move up, and then either fall or stabilize. Even books like X-Men 94 seem pretty stable for the past 10 years or so in mid-grade. Needless to say - at cover price, those would be GREAT! haha!

Edited by bergdoll

Everybody's favorite grading company :o

PGX 10.0 Joker 3d cover

There will be a lot of CGC 9.9 and 10 of the 3d covers

I thought so at first too. Then I started hearing about the scratches on the covers. I started looking at the books in better light and yeah, there are micro scratches on there.

Doesn't faze me, I love the books just the same. Terrific move by DC all the way around.

I dunno about that, what reports I have gotten are that it's good...so more Outliers....

On my radar right now is the Ghost Projekt NBC pick up....slated to be written and directed by the troll hunter director....this news has not gotten around really yet as the bin prices are 30 times what the recently bought comic prices...maybe everyone's just cash poor after the 3D blitz?

Also fairlane the goblin. Apparently there was a one to store promo of 1 and 2 given out to each store...the #1 comming out now is a reprint. I dunno about you guys but I like the art and story, sorta a cartoonish james stokoe....