• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

a harley quinn movie would be direct to video. im sure harley has fans, but prices on ba 12 will drop, long before wd 1 will. we can say wd 1 prices will drop every year but i dont see it happening anytime soon. ba 12 is scarce in 9.8 but im still not sure why the price increased this much in less than 1 year.
mid season break under 1500 :whistle:

maybe. market is crazy. but no way ba 12 will hit 2 g's. most harley fans would rather use that money at hot topic or improving their cosplay outfit.

a harley quinn movie would be direct to video. im sure harley has fans, but prices on ba 12 will drop, long before wd 1 will. we can say wd 1 prices will drop every year but i dont see it happening anytime soon. ba 12 is scarce in 9.8 but im still not sure why the price increased this much in less than 1 year.

3D covers got a bunch of people all excited.

I agree and someone else mentioned her new book and I'm certain that is having an impact. CGC 9.8s have sold for between $350 and $400 this summer and I wouldn't be surprised to see it settle there the first couple of months after the new series comes out. I think its being overlooked that Harley has already been the focus of several comic series and a background character in others, TV shows ( including BOP in which she was THE villain ) and animated series, and video games, etc. It is hard to see where she could be any more exposed.

The only thing I could see increasing her value long term would be a book like " The Killing Joke " in which she is shown to be far more of a threat than she has been to this point. I'm not poopooing the character. She is iconic and definitely has a strong core following. I just don't see this being a comparable character to TWD in story or in character and she has had twice as long in the market to prove herself 2c.

maybe. market is crazy. but no way ba 12 will hit 2 g's. most harley fans would rather use that money at hot topic or improving their cosplay outfit.

I doubt BA12 will hit 2k, I actually never said it would, but what I did say is you will see WD1 in 9.8 come down while BA12 in 9.8 goes up. This gap in GPA is closing daily. Going into the future I clearly seeing BA12 in 9.8 selling for more than a WD1. Less supply and more demand to come. And certainly a movie talk would help, but even without its already happening.

I doubt BA12 will hit 2k, I actually never said it would, but what I did say is you will see WD1 in 9.8 come down while BA12 in 9.8 goes up. This gap in GPA is closing daily. Going into the future I clearly seeing BA12 in 9.8 selling for more than a WD1. Less supply and more demand to come. And certainly a movie talk would help, but even without its already happening.

your right the gap is closing. but i still cant see a ba12 in 9.8 passing a wd1 in 9.8, unless wd1's start selling for under $500.

So, in your opinion, the people driving up the prices on BA12 are Harley cosplayers? Interesting theory. Right now, I would rather have four copies of BA 12 than one WD 1.

your right the gap is closing. but i still cant see a ba12 in 9.8 passing a wd1 in 9.8, unless wd1's start selling for under $500.

The big picture may not be as clear to everyone as how I see it. So watch from the side lines. Its a big Gap so it will take some time.

So, in your opinion, the people driving up the prices on BA12 are Harley cosplayers? Interesting theory. Right now, I would rather have four copies of BA 12 than one WD 1.

nope. cosplayers dont buy comics. was saying harleys fans are mostly cosplayers.

Is it just me or did the DC 3D cover craze end as quickly as it started?

Everything is hot/cold these days (shrug)

It was just another gimmick. Books that were selling for 10-15 are now not even getting a bid at cover on ebay. There are few that will probably stay above cover but for the most part just DC finding new ways to take your money.

As for TWD everyone says the same thing every year. Remember a few years back when they were $100 and everyone was saying dump dump dump..............#1 drops a few bucks during the break but that can be expected. There is no way it drops under $1500 for a 9.8 by the end of the year. I seen raws still going for almost a grand that are NM and 9.8 white labels still getting over 2k no problem.

:applause:

:roflmao:

There is no way ever that DC's female deadpool ever comes close to the craziness that is the fan base of TWD.

What about deadPooh? lol

:boo:

:jokealert:

Some of those Dead Pooh issues are hard to find! Tiggermaster anyone!

photo_zpsf3b56b7a.jpg

nope. cosplayers dont buy comics. was saying harleys fans are mostly cosplayers.

This is true. Cosplayers and children shouldn't even be at cons

This is true. Cosplayers and children shouldn't even be at cons

I wouldn't go that far, cons can be enjoyed on different levels, if someone wants to dress up as their favorite character, so be it. and if parents want to bring their kids what's wrong with that? It's superheroes after all. and in my experience parents do buy comics for their kids, it may be the $1 to $10 variety, but that's ok as well.