• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

So it's gone from ice cold to slightly chilled. Still technically heating up. :)

Ends in less than 24hours > single issue

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alias-1-2003-Marvel-Brian-Michael-Bendis-Michael-Gaydos-/360784952969?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item5400757e89

Not my auction

I wonder what one of the DF signed copies will go for.

Agreed. 20 for the single is heating up.

If you don't have this already, there's still time to get in the back door before the Netflix deal is known to everyone.

A $100 sales price would be around cover price roughly, so this should in theory be worth at least $200-300 possibly depending on the grades, potentially.

If you don't have this already, there's still time to get in the back door before the Netflix deal is known to everyone.

I've always been a big fan of Jessica's :grin: Let me know when she's reallllllly hot. :sumo:

I don't buy it.

Look at arrested development, all interest in the series was lost after the first new season dropped on Netflix.

I don't see Alias having too much of a bump up because of this new Netflix deal. 2c

+1. I gotta go with Jimmy on this one, huge difference in viewership in Netflix and prime time TV / major motion picture.

The counter argument would be that most mid to major TV station viewership numbers are going down but Netflix streaming viewer numbers are rising sharply. Movies are a different beast, however.

Edited by Hekla

I don't buy it.

Look at arrested development, all interest in the series was lost after the first new season dropped on Netflix.

I don't see Alias having too much of a bump up because of this new Netflix deal. 2c

+1. I gotta go with Jimmy on this one, huge difference in viewership in Netflix and prime time TV / major motion picture.

Netflix currently has over 31 million subscribers and since VOD is becoming the next big thing, who knows how many it will have it in 2015.

I mean look how that green arrow show is burning up the back issue market...oh wait it isn't...

It actually did have an effect on some books...

I don't buy it.

One of the biggest disappointments in TV history for me. Netflix Arrested Development was like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. My eyes began to bleed.

I mean look how that green arrow show is burning up the back issue market...oh wait it isn't...

What Green Arrow book was affordable? Deadshot? Early Batman issue. Oliver Queen and Speedy? Share 1st appearance with Aquaman.

Look at prices for New Teen Titans #2 before and after the show aired. Burning.

What Green Arrow book was affordable? Deadshot? Early Batman issue. Oliver Queen and Speedy? Share 1st appearance with Aquaman.

Look at prices for New Teen Titans #2 before and after the show aired. Burning.

I hate that Double First appearance thing.

Like if I want the first appearance of Zatara...

ACTION COMICS #1.

So, probably very unlikely I'll get that one.

I don't buy it.

One of the biggest disappointments in TV history for me. Netflix Arrested Development was like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. My eyes began to bleed.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the episodes were released once a week and not in one big giant release of 12 episodes.

Thats the main reason I don't think it will have an effect on the books, netflix doesn't make the best business choices.

They could release 12 episodes for Alias and three weeks later after everyones watched them the series will be dead again.

Thats the main reason I would like to steer clear of Netflix hype.

They could release 12 episodes for Alias and three weeks later after everyones watched them the series will be dead again.

How is that any different from watching a movie once?

Besides, the press releases indicate that these series will be released over the course of several years, as opposed to Arrested Development being released in its entirety all at once.

And since all of the characters team up at the end for the Defenders mini series, it is likely that they will have guest starring roles among the various shows prior to the final mini series anyway.

Also, I'm not sure why you are using Arrested Development as an example. Arrested Development was never popular to begin with, that is why it was cancelled in the first place.

For the amount of drek that gets pushed in this thread, it is a bit ridiculous to downplay the first appearance of a character from the big two that just got her own TV series.

I hope you guys have good luck on Alias. It was a pretty good series.

Arrested Development was nothing if not great ( I haven't seen the Netflix stuff ) and I thought it was a cult hit. Immediately popular ? Maybe not, but it definitely has staying power. 2c

I hope you guys have good luck on Alias. It was a pretty good series.

Arrested Development was nothing if not great ( I haven't seen the Netflix stuff ) and I thought it was a cult hit. Immediately popular ? Maybe not, but it definitely has staying power. 2c

+1

Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 was fantastic and was most definitely a cult hit. It could never be mainstream b/c unfortunately the general public is dumb like sand. A lot of the humor "slipped" through the cracks. I was devastated by how disappointing the Netflix season turned out. The song "Afternoon Delight" will forever bring a smile to my face thanks to that show.

How is that any different from watching a movie once?

Besides, the press releases indicate that these series will be released over the course of several years, as opposed to Arrested Development being released in its entirety all at once.

And since all of the characters team up at the end for the Defenders mini series, it is likely that they will have guest starring roles among the various shows prior to the final mini series anyway.

Also, I'm not sure why you are using Arrested Development as an example. Arrested Development was never popular to begin with, that is why it was cancelled in the first place.

For the amount of drek that gets pushed in this thread, it is a bit ridiculous to downplay the first appearance of a character from the big two that just got her own TV series.

Are you trying to say the Marvel Eminem variant is drek?

tisk tisk