• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

wrong forum but i though some of u would appreciate seeing todays haul, nothing makes me happier than a saturday sale of 1/2 million comics for ten cents held in an underground pool store

B8210466-C434-4950-A1C1-A98F06F8C261-758-000000C1A953D115_zps559c8957.jpg[/img]

i'm not sure what an underground pool store might be but i can appreciate your haul- nice.

they sell pool supplies and billiard equipment

Not a Turkish bath house?

:fear:

:roflmao:

Well he did make a mistake, and I am sure he's sorry for it...

I really like his articles, gives me an edge...please don't read them, I don't need the competition...

Wait what am I saying...I should just join the outraged bandwagon and get him banned so I can be the only one with the power BWWAHAHAHAH

Look let's be realistic here, I screwed up when I first started posting here, bet a lot of people did...while the rules make sense, and people SHOULD read about it first...

A lot of us have our ebay auctions as tag lines, not sure the noob should know that putting your website where you are selling stuff should go UNDER the tag line...

personally I think a gentle reminder is reasonable and move on...

How many times does he need reminding? He has does this for the last couple of days. Are you his official apologist? Its not rocket science. When you are told to stop doing something usually you stop.

Rat Queens 9.8 SS bringing a healthy amount.

Fixed that for you BIG difference.

The book is a winner 9.8 or raw. I still think you are missing the boat on this one.

The book is a winner 9.8 or raw. I still think you are missing the boat on this one.

Niche title. Long shot to become a hit. I'd guess by issue 6 it settles into a 6-7K print run.

Niche title. Long shot to become a hit. I'd guess by issue 6 it settles into a 6-7K print run.

Agree to vastly disagree. Any book not superhero is a niche comic book but I'll be happy to revisit this again on issue 6.

Any book not superhero is a niche comic book but I'll be happy to revisit this again on issue 6.

hm

This is true. (Sadly). The superhero hegemony is pretty well entrenched.

Let's clarify the niche as being in the D+D vein, and my gut feeling is based on that.

Any book not superhero is a niche comic book but I'll be happy to revisit this again on issue 6.

hm

Let's clarify the niche as being in the D+D vein, and my gut feeling is based on that.

I get that but I also see Todd ( which can also be categorized as a small niche comic ) tearing it up on the secondary market and I believe will start edging up in primary sales due to word of mouth. I really like reading this comic and maybe I'm alone on an island with it but after Todd, it's the second most fun funny book I read. I like a little levity to go with my EOW, Saga, TWD, Five Ghosts, and the like. Heck, I like my capes too. I just don't see anything else out there like this book so I'm pulling for it.

hm

I get that but I also see Todd ( which can also be categorized as a small niche comic ) tearing it up on the secondary market and I believe will start edging up in primary sales due to word of mouth. I really like reading this comic and maybe I'm alone on an island with it but after Todd, it's the second most fun funny book I read. I like a little levity to go with my EOW, Saga, TWD, Five Ghosts, and the like. Heck, I like my capes too. I just don't see anything else out there like this book so I'm pulling for it.

I love that creators are putting out a range of creations. I'd like to see more successes, but it's a tough slog penetrating a market dominated by traditional buying patterns. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, but...

And Todd is successful in the secondary market based on media rumors. It itself has a 6K sales number as of issue 6. If someone the rumor balloon a la TSG... (shrug)

hm

I love that creators are putting out a range of creations. I'd like to see more successes, but it's a tough slog penetrating a market dominated by traditional buying patterns. I hope my gut feeling is wrong, but...

And Todd is successful in the secondary market based on media rumors. It itself has a 6K sales number as of issue 6. If someone the rumor balloon a la TSG... (shrug)

You make a valid point and nothing is a sure thing with comics. I'm basing my hunch off of 2 things. One is that people keep mentioning D&D with this book like that's a bad thing. D&D has had over 20 million players and an estimated 7 million as recently as 6 years ago. The second is Kurtis Wiebe is starting gather a hardcore following that I believe will grow.

I guess my thing is this. It is rather easy to say that a book will decrease in sales. I would bet that it happens in over 90% of comics that come out each month. Maybe one of the more analytical guys could give exact numbers but I think I'm being conservative at 90%. If you want to look like a genius just say that every book that comes out will decrease in sales and you will be correct the vast majority of the time.

As for Todd, I doubt the comic sales would be much higher or lower with or without the TV show. Even if it never gets made, I can't imagine ever skipping this book. Truly a masterpiece of comedy. How many books can make you lol uncontrollably ? This is one of those books.

If you like great art and a fun story, give Rat Queens a try.

Edited by The Authority

I think your missing the point. I don't really care if the book is a winner or not I passed on it because it didn't appeal to me.

The point of the post was to show that a 9.8 SS Rat Queens was selling well. The title itself is selling for cover and the variant raw is as $10-15 book. I think 9.8s are around $50ish currently.

Now from one SS copy to another its increases in price by a lot. I was just correcting a blanket statement that didn't apply from the OP. The 9.8 SS is really increasing in value, but I only saw 2 copies so far so its hard to say its 1st to the market or increasing in value.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I think your missing the point. I don't really care if the book is a winner or not I passed on it because it didn't appeal to me.

The point of the post was to show that a 9.8 SS Rat Queens was selling well. The title itself is selling for cover and the variant raw is as $10-15 book. I think 9.8s are around $50ish currently.

Now from one SS copy to another its increases in price by a lot. I was just correcting a blanket statement that didn't apply. The 9.8 SS is really increasing in value, but I only saw 2 copies so far so its hard to say its 1st to the market or increasing in value.

wasn't that also a 1:10 variant?

I guess my thing is this. It is rather easy to say that a book will decrease in sales. I would bet that it happens in over 90% of comics that come out each month. Maybe one of the more analytical guys could give exact numbers but I think I'm being conservative at 90%. If you want to look like a genius just say that every book that comes out will decrease in sales and you will be correct the vast majority of the time.

You are right. But, this dovetails with the reality that over 90% of series are not huge successes. They sink to and settle at a sales plateau that reflects true readership. The rare successes see a rising readership, which leads to supply/demand imbalances in previous issues, which leads to secondary market success.

If you are hoping for a series to be a success, you are usually hoping for increasing sales.

Now from one SS copy to another its increases in price by a lot. I was just correcting a blanket statement that didn't apply from the OP. The 9.8 SS is really increasing in value, but I only saw 2 copies so far so its hard to say its 1st to the market or increasing in value.

Nope not missing anything. I bought the regular cover as I'm betting most on here did, for $2 each. They are selling for $3-$5 each plus shipping now. I was able to get all but one of my variants for $6 . They sell for $15 to $20 on average and yes, you can point to some that went for $10 and some tht went for over $30 in November. That is a nice return CGC or raw.

My comment about missing the boat was due to the fact that you like Todd which is the only other book that I've read funnier than this book this year. I don't think this is the next Saga or Even East of West but I do think its one worth buying. They even pay homage to the old Colossus/Wolverine fastball special in issue #2 which I thought you find especially appealling.

Now from one SS copy to another its increases in price by a lot. I was just correcting a blanket statement that didn't apply. The 9.8 SS is really increasing in value, but I only saw 2 copies so far so its hard to say its 1st to the market or increasing in value.

wasn't that also a 1:10 variant?

Yes, they were $6 each new from a few places and $10 if you got in late.