• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

How is the new Ms. Marvel 1 doing elsewhere? There was a story on it in the Washington Post this week, so its sold out in the DC area - am wondering if it has legs outside of this metro area.

Edited by FlyingDonut

How is the new Ms. Marvel 1 doing elsewhere? There was a story on it in the Washington Post this week, so its sold out in the DC area - am wondering if it has legs outside of this metro area.

I was just a my LCS a few hours ago and they had a stack of them.

My guess would be a very large run. Marvel pushed this book hard imo. Issue 17 of the last volume had a huge amount of media that didn't seem to have much impact on sales. I don't think it bodes well for the character that the majority of Marvel's marketing was based on her religion.

Edited by The Authority

It's still blowing my mind how good the IDW TMNT books are doing. I just picked up issues #1 - #25, all micro series and Foot Clan from a buddy of mine. The best part is that the first 6 issues are all signed and sketched with a little turtle sketch by Eastman. Not even sure where to start on this one.

Also snagged 2 copies of Preacher #1 yesterday as well as an Absolute Vertigo and got copies of The Strain #1 - #4 today at Hastings.

Question on the Turtles books. Are there any key's on them. You say they are doing good but are they selling at a premium. I have a chance to get all the RI covers cheap and not sure if I should pull the trigger.

I'm pretty sure it's mostly the A covers that are doing good. Specifically 1A and 5A. Not sure why both of those, but those are the ones I know of.

I would call it a premium for me, since I got all 30+ issues for around $50 and I plan to sell for around $200.

For some reason, the RI TMNT covers aren't really selling that well. (Or even the B covers, actually.)

The 1A and 5A are selling well. I wish I could find some more.

Had to go check my boxes. 5B. Stupid alphabet. I did sell a 1D for $30 at the HeroesMiniCon a few weeks ago, though. Of course I also sold a Strain 1 for $10.......

For some reason, the RI TMNT covers aren't really selling that well. (Or even the B covers, actually.)

The 1A and 5A are selling well. I wish I could find some more.

Had to go check my boxes. 5B. Stupid alphabet. I did sell a 1D for $30 at the HeroesMiniCon a few weeks ago, though. Of course I also sold a Strain 1 for $10.......

5B still sells for well above cover

These are just the issues I bought originally and sold to my buddy. He's in the middle of a move, so he sold them back to me at a good price. Luckily, Kevin Eastman was cool enough to sign the first 6 issues and draw a little turtle on them.

Anyone have any clue what kind of extra value that would add?