• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

A lot of the promotional stuff is more fun than valuable. One of my favorite pieces is a Spawn poster promoting Spawn #9 and Neil Gaiman. They wrote it with a play on Sandman. I mostly love it because the two guys hate each other now. Good times.

Pat

OK,

The consensus from the geniuses on the CGC forum is that Batman #28 is of little speculator-y interest & is a non key issue.

Got it.

You tell 'em Dr. Lawrence Doherty, PhD!

Edited by Dukes40

I'm still waiting to pick up Peter Panzerfaust #1 from the $1 bins.

I bought Peter Panzerfaust #1 out of a $1 bin, but that was in Nov 2012.

there was a lot of 'meh' talk about PP when it first came out...normally people will say a title sucks by mentioning the ability to grab a copy at their leisure from a $1 bin later on. That's why I mentioned it.

Hahaha. So true.

PS. Do the $1 bins in the States work differently than here?

The ones I've seen here, it's usually just unbagged, unboarded comics, and they usually range from 50 cents to $1.

Been looking forward to this one, but failed to pre-order, and totally missed it. Oh well. Guess I'll have to go digital on this one, as I don't feel like paying those prices on a book that's two days old. :(

even if you grab a digital copy it's worth the read if it's at these prices now I wonder what will happen with the official tv announcement.

yeah, not bad at all....never know, maybe Vertigo is finally getting some love.

I've been told before that Vertigo stuff doesn't heat up that much because the readers are:

1-more mature, older readers.

2-a lot of them read the stuff in trade format.

From what I've seen though, CGC does indeed note that #648 is the 1st "full" appearance of Spoiler.

they aren't infallible.

They aren't???

:jokealert:

Anyhow, it is like the X-Men Annual #14 where Gambit is clearly in like 5 -7 panels or something, but the story was a "flashback", so #266 gets all the love. That surely looks like a pretty full app. on those pages though.

You do know that UXM266 was supposed to be on the stands before Annual 14, right? And some scheduling mix-up happened, as the events in Ann. 14 happen after UXM266... right?

-slym

Man, just think about trying to clarify this BEFORE the internet. Trying to convey this, figure this out, etc.

"1st appearance of Gambit? I'll just go check the ..... ???

"O, there was a scheduling mix-up? Ya, I know this because I read it....???"

There has been a really nice run of stuff doing well on ebay.

Bunker 1

Manifest Destiny (all of them)

Sheltered 1 and variants

Day Men 1 and variants

East of West sets

Green Arrow 17 and 17 and up sets

The Strain 1 and variant

DMZ 1

Preacher 1 and 13

Sandman 1 and 8

Sex Criminals sets

Afterlife with Archie all and especially the Betty cover

Superior Spider-man sets 1 - 25 or so

The list goes on but its nice to see books doing well again imo.

Edited by The Authority

Bunker 1

Sheltered 1 and variants

Day Men 1 and variants

East of West sets

The Strain 1 and variant

DMZ 1

Preacher 1 and 13

Sandman 1 and 8

Sex Criminals sets

I just worry how many are going up because of real demand vs people trying to speculate and hoard for future Moniez!

Bunker 1

Sheltered 1 and variants

Day Men 1 and variants

East of West sets

The Strain 1 and variant

DMZ 1

Preacher 1 and 13

Sandman 1 and 8

Sex Criminals sets

I just worry how many are going up because of real demand vs people trying to speculate and hoard for future Moniez!

I can't tell which is which. THe Vertigo stuff is well established so it already had value. Green Arrow in the middle of the run going up almost has to be the story. Superior Spider-man will be very fondly remembered imo. Some of the other stuff could go either way. Some is obvious speculation but who is to say that isn't a good move with the quality of some of these stories ?

All the modern books are most likely speculation. Let's face it. If people only want to read the stories, they can buy digital…

There are definitely people out there that like to have the floppies I like buying Blu-Rays, books, CDs (gasp!) because I like to have the artwork and when I'm older it will be nice to pass along my collection to my kids (instead of handing them an old Kindle or iPod that won't work anymore).

All the modern books are most likely speculation. Let's face it. If people only want to read the stories, they can buy digital…

There are definitely people out there that like to have the floppies I like buying Blu-Rays, books, CDs (gasp!) because I like to have the artwork and when I'm older it will be nice to pass along my collection to my kids (instead of handing them an old Kindle or iPod that won't work anymore).

+1