• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Well very glad I grabbed 3x the Batman steampunk variant then....

I grabbed 5 and I'm happy I did. When the Steampunk buzz dies down, this is still the debut of a new major character in the Batman universe.

I picked up 2 of the steampunk cover and 1 copy of the regular cover. May buy more.

Batwoman 28 is a hot cover, period, plus an americana cover, so thats a HUGE plus for collectors.

I really like the cover of Batwoman #27. I wonder if CGC would denote that as a bondage cover. :insane:

Batwoman 28 is a hot cover, period, plus an americana cover, so thats a HUGE plus for collectors.

I really like the cover of Batwoman #27. I wonder if CGC would denote that as a bondage cover. :insane:

I meant to say WONDER WOMAN lol.

What drives you to the variant kingdom?

The cover/ art?

To complete the series?

You have a specific interest on a character or art Wise (got to get all the skecth covers for ex:)?

Speculation/ buy and sell?

A thrill to have a modern that goes for big bucks?

regards

grab the combo pack covers as well. Those are normally the lowest printed.

Do combo packs ever do well? I sold a few Batman #7 last week and the regular covers were doing much better than the combo. And if you check sites that buy comics like MCS the regular is always higher than combo. And I remember Batman Inc. #8 when the combo was super rare, but everyone wanted the white regular cover.

Edited by Taco

I cant remember a time when just a trailer has dramatically influenced sales of books. In under 2 days after the trailer I have sold almost every 1st appearance and related GoG books. I sadly regret selling my Hulk 271s for $30-50 last year.

To a lesser extent Captain America is seeing the same thing. Cap 6 and Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well. We may be entering an age of trailers driving sales of comics in way not considered before. Disney is going to dramatically change the landscape of collecting in the next 10 years.

I hope long time collectors see this as the time to sell because it wont be better then the next 1-2 years for high and low grade.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Yeah, I've seen recent prices. It's like a feeding frenzy. Real question because I've sold most of my Marvel stuff over the years. Did Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor books have the same kind of jump when those movies came out a few years ago ?

Congrats to those who bought heavily on the GotG books. Well played. :applause:

Yeah, I've seen recent prices. It's like a feeding frenzy. Real question because I've sold most of my Marvel stuff over the years. Did Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor books have the same kind of jump when those movies came out a few years ago ?

:cloud9:

I cant remember a time when just a trailer has dramatically influenced sales of books. In under 2 days after the trailer I have sold almost every 1st appearance and related GoG books. I sadly regret selling my Hulk 271s for $30-50 last year.

To a lesser extent Captain America is seeing the same thing. Cap 6 and Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well. We may be entering an age of trailers driving sales of comics in way not considered before. Disney is going to dramatically change the landscape of collecting in the next 10 years.

I hope long time collectors see this as the time to sell because it wont be better then the next 1-2 years for high and low grade.

Where are CA 359/360 selling well? There was a 9.8 that set a new high, but raws are still low.

Has Crossbones been shown in a trailer yet -- or named?

Early Iron Man stuff did well. I dont remember any modern stuff doing well, but I am sure overall sales increased.

Thor 344 was a monster for a year or so. The whole Winter Casket storyling sold very well for Thor for a long time before the movie.

CA 14 was monster for years, but slowed down recently. CA 6 is approaching $25 and still climbing raw. 359/360 Cap books are starting to climb again.

Where are CA 359/360 selling well? There was a 9.8 that set a new high, but raws are still low.

Not in Crossbones makeup but as a soldier I believe yes. He's being played by Frank Grillo, who's perfect for the part imo.

Cap 359/360 are seeing adjustments as well.

My term meaning they are increasing pricewise in sales. Said nothing about selling well.

Although recents sales do indicated an increase in price via BINs. For the record I dont count auctions.

(Why? Because they are stupid sellers if they are doing auctions.)

Edited by Fastballspecial

My term meaning they are increasing pricewise in sales. Said nothing about selling well.

Although recents sales do indicated an increase in price via BINs. For the record I dont count auctions.

For the record I dont count auctions.

Snicker...

Because they don't suit your argument.

Value is determined by the average price paid .

Even just looking at BINs on 360, you see $5 here, $8 there. I guess it's not bad for a comic that was a $1, but nothing mind-blowing.

I'm sitting on a couple copies, and would love to see the price jump, but I don't see it.