• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

The trailer for the new Godzilla movie looks pretty damned good....

i'd watch bryan cranston sit in a chair and talk to a wall for 3 hours. so good.

I bet that would be better than his performance in Total Recall.

Can we all pretend that remake never happened? so bad.

This Godzilla movie though looks amazing, and Stephen Platt worked on it?! (he keeps talking about it on his facebook but doesn't give specifics)

The trailer for the new Godzilla movie looks pretty damned good....

i'd watch bryan cranston sit in a chair and talk to a wall for 3 hours. so good.

I bet that would be better than his performance in Total Recall.

Can we all pretend that remake never happened? so bad.

This Godzilla movie though looks amazing, and Stephen Platt worked on it?! (he keeps talking about it on his facebook but doesn't give specifics)

I agree. Terrible. I've been told by my oldest daughter that Robocop the new doesn't fare well against the original either. I love Platt art. So much so that I picked up a small run of early Prophet just to check out the covers. Those Moon Knight covers were incredible.

Remember the letter's column in ASM 359 had a picture of the cover of 361 hyping it up. Made sure I bought 25 copies right off the bat, and was getting $20 a pop at shows when the book was only 2 months old. Those were the pre-ebay days

This is the kinda sh*t I love. Omega Men 2 is similar ( Lobo Cover/first appearance appears in the letter page )

For you ween. ASM 237 .. Has the cover and FIRST APPEARANCE of hobgoblin. :insane:

So now that it's official that Zero is going to be a show...actually written by alex kot....how come there isn't a price jump....is it just too new and people gotta learn about it slllllowly?

Or we are tired of almost every book getting a show. Show me a cast or something.

So now that it's official that Zero is going to be a show...actually written by alex kot....how come there isn't a price jump....is it just too new and people gotta learn about it slllllowly?

Or we are tired of almost every book getting a show. Show me a cast or something.

Yup. Target confusion. EVERY unique idea in the industry gets optioned.

Give us the goods.

Well maybe...but this book seems pretty popular among people who actually picked it up...not hearing many people say..read it and oh hum...

Prior to a show announcement it had a small premium for #1...that gives me hope...but for whatever reason, though, at the moment it can still be picked up for cheap...people been saying they were tired of this for a while now...but then sandman and preacher happened....

I think that each step in the process brings it's own price spike...a cast member gets proposed...spike...a pilot is green lit...spike...to me it seems that speculation is accelerating...news generates interest, interest generates demand...

Now this book has a pretty limited print run, relatively...about 7,000 a cover...

unless the creators are those who did Danger Club, No Place Like Home, Frankenstein Alive Alive, Chin Music, Mind the Gap, Nowhere Men....pretty much all shot themselves in the foot or didn't care enough to pursue other venues.

More power to those creators with the sticking power to follow a project through.

Edited by krighton

as far as i know this is just coming from that interview where he says he's writing the -script for the show, and has interest from studios?

that's a far far way from green lit & has still has yet to be officially optioned, which are the magical words in the price jump hike.

unless i'm missing some news piece?

Edited by Symbiotic

Sex Criminals is very strong. I thought this book might fade but it is bringing $35 to $40 for 1-4. Similar numbers to Manifest Destiny.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3+4&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3+4&_sacat=0

Sex Criminals is very strong. I thought this book might fade but it is bringing $35 to $40 for 1-4. Similar numbers to Manifest Destiny.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sex+criminals+1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsex+criminals+1+2+3+4&_nkw=sex+criminals+1+2+3+4&_sacat=0

its the ones you never expected.

Hey Access - where you been? I've missed your borderline inappropriate comments

I take issue with "bordlerline".....since I always aim for way beyond the border. :)

Been lurking, been working....but I'm always here like one of those Jedi force ghosts.

I knew I could get you fired up for implying you fall short of your goals :devil:

I'm currently scouring the forums looking for places to increase entropy and stir up trouble! :)

If there were a Daredevil 115 is Wolverine's first appearance thread then that's where you should be.

unless the creators are those who did Danger Club, No Place Like Home, Frankenstein Alive Alive, Chin Music, Mind the Gap, Nowhere Men....pretty much all shot themselves in the foot or didn't care enough to pursue other venues.

More power to those creators with the sticking power to follow a project through.

Yeah, yeah, you are so right, that Berni Wrightson guy, complete flash in the pan, we'll never hear of him again. :facepalm: