• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Haven't seen these anywhere yet. Thought I'd at least share what they look like.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 MCGUINNESS VAR ANM

Yawn, why are there light highlights on the red parts if his costume? It makes it look plastic. I know almost everyone doesn't like Ramos, but I do.

Fixed :baiting:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Haven't seen these anywhere yet. Thought I'd at least share what they look like.

Yawn, why are there light highlights on the red parts if his costume? It makes it look plastic. I know almost everyone doesn't like Ramos, but I do.

Fixed :baiting:

Ha, thanks. I forgot Joe C has told us that there are no collectors under 30 anymore.

you realize that Canada is the only country that burned down the white house, and made the USA sue for peace....

just saying....

And Al Queda is the first terrorist organisation to actually blow up the WTC.

Keep saying it if it makes you feel good.

-slym

JSC Wolverine #1 Deadpool costume variant. This one really has spiked recently, with a 9.8 going for $1,800, 9.6 for $1,200, and raw copies going for $850+. I know there's only about 400 of these out there, but it's hard to tell if the demand is related to JSC love, the "#1" on the cover, the Wolverine/Deadpool mash up, or all three? Either way, seems to be the hottest back issue variant out there right now, and proof that the "right" variant can catch lightning in a bottle and hold its value and/or continue to appreciate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380856054805?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/wolverine-1-J-Scott-Campbell-Deadpool-Variant-HTF-RARE-/191095697931?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2c7e30f20b

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&item=321331455705&si=T6Np1tB5%2FZYDnmTPautXEt6zbyY%3D&print=all&category=17085

-J.

It would have been better if you pointed out Canada wasn't a country so how could they do anything, or you could have pointed out that a building does not burn down if the only repair is painting the front a different colour and replacing bushes. Or you could just point out that the USA suing for peace comment makes no sense and is a result of lets-change-the-topic ignorance. 2c

Man, I get ultra busy with work, and don't check the site for a few weeks,and all of a sudden there's some Canada-US thing going on??? I'll have to go read to see what this is all about. This is almost as disquieting as Jerry Jones dismantling my Cowboys.

Edited by Dukes40

Man, I get ultra busy with work, and don't check the site for a few weeks,and all of a sudden there's some Canada-US thing going on??? I'll have to go read to see what this is all about. This is almost as disquieting as Jerry Jones dismantling my Cowboys.

Props to a fellow Cowboys fan! (thumbs u

I can see it being loved by that crowd easily. I hope it finds an audience because it wont be your normal comic fans.(Sorry Authority just my two cents.)

The print run for the book seems to be stabilizing at above 11k which isn't bad for your current modern field.

Judging by the letters section and what I've seen locally, it's a hit with female readers. A huge plus for any comic book.

I can see it being loved by that crowd easily. I hope it finds an audience because it wont be your normal comic fans.(Sorry Authority just my two cents.)

The print run for the book seems to be stabilizing at above 11k which isn't bad for your current modern field.

lol

I know I'm not normal so no need to be sorry. I think you and I agree on most books anyway. :grin:

Yawn, why are there light highlights on the red parts if his costume? It makes it look plastic. I know most old timers don't like Ramos, but I do.

I have collected ASM until #700 then SSM ever since but I haven't read after McFarlane Era. What is the fuss about Ramos? His drawing skills?

Yawn, why are there light highlights on the red parts if his costume? It makes it look plastic. I know most old timers don't like Ramos, but I do.

I have collected ASM until #700 then SSM ever since but I haven't read after McFarlane Era. What is the fuss about Ramos? His drawing skills?

Yeah. IMO, they are terrible. Like Liefeld terrible.

Judging by the letters section and what I've seen locally, it's a hit with female readers. A huge plus for any comic book.

Image is taking strong female leads and co-stars to the next level. Saga, Rat Queens, Pretty Deadly, Velvet, Lazarus, Alex and Ada, A Voice in. The Dark, Sex Criminals, Morning Glories, Revival, Umbral and others have strong leading ladies while East of West, TWD, Invincible, Manifest Destiny, Jupiter's Legacy and many other have prominent women in supporting roles. These aren't the old days of the obligatory female in a book on occasion. Image is leading the way in this department.

Edited by The Authority