• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

GoTG will be hot until the movie tanks..I hope with all my heart it won't..But I just have a bad feeling about it..

Same here. Too "campy" for my taste.

Almost all the non-comicbook collectors that I know don't even know who or what a Guardians of the Galaxy is. They don't even know that it's from Marvel Comics! :tonofbricks:

GoTG will be hot until the movie tanks..I hope with all my heart it won't..But I just have a bad feeling about it..

Same here. Too "campy" for my taste.

Almost all the non-comicbook collectors that I know don't even know who or what a Guardians of the Galaxy is. They don't even know that it's from Marvel Comics! :tonofbricks:

I'm surprised non-comic books collectors even know what Marvel Comics is.

Why is there new interest in Booster Gold?

There has been new interest for awhile.

There is/was a "tv show in development" but no news on that for close to a year now.

Wow. OK. This type of thing blows my mind, as (a) the character is rather lame, and (b) the book is rather lame. So...all it takes is a rumor in the winds and everyone suddenly can't get enough. Insert lemming video here. :)

There is/was a "tv show in development" but no news on that for close to a year now.

Wow. OK. This type of thing blows my mind, as (a) the character is rather lame, and (b) the book is rather lame. So...all it takes is a rumor in the winds and everyone suddenly can't get enough. Insert lemming video here. :)

I would give Booster a second chance, specifically volume 2.

Two reasons I think Booster Gold is going to be big

1. Man of Steel easter Egg

2. Flashpoint was all about Booster Gold

Extra Point: DC asked Greg Rucka to do something big with Booster Gold with the upcoming Futures End storyline and that some how didn't materialize with Rucka being replaced with Lemire.

To be honest I don't think the tv show talk had anything to do with the book going up in price. It has been selling for decent money for quite awhile and over the past few months or so people have been talking about it here, since its relatively easy to find in dollar boxes at your lcs and local shows.

As I said the last time the show was mentioned was almost a year ago:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/176901-could-the-cws-arrow-meet-up-with-booster-gold

The only thing going for it is that one or more Arrow personnel are involved. But its SyFy. I've lost track of how many comic book properties are "in development" for SyFy. I have to imagine any and all resources on that network are being put towards Sharnado sequels anyway.

lol

That is a sig worthy quote, might have to add it. Doubly great because no book is named, and it can be used in countless ways on the modern board.

I will watch GOTG going in blind as I'm not too familiar with the franchise, and I think that may be a good thing. Rocket Racoon should be a huge hit with the kids.

Rocket Raccoon WILL be a huge hit with the kids. He (and Groot to a lesser extent) will be the next big thing in kid's toys. Toy manufacturers will make millions.