• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

This one is limited to 1500 so i think it will for sure be a hard one to track down.

If you have a Hastings around, it shouldn't be too tough. My Hastings is one of the mid sized stores and they got 5 in.

I'm going to predict...

Deathmate Black Deathmate Black: Gold Variant

As a book to keep any eye on :)

Not sure why you are recommending this book but I fixed it for you despite your reason! :)

First Gen 13, and I agree, the Gold Variant is the one you want.

They both are the ones to get, You aren't going to find Ultimate Spider-Man 1 sitting in the quarter box while everyone runs out and grabs the white cover...same thing.

This is not a good comparison. I suspect the print run for Deathmate black and its variant were much higher than Ultimate Spider-Man 1. You will find a ton of those black covers littering Valiant long boxes all over the country. People know it's Gen13's first but there are so many that no one cares. The black cover isn't worth much now and really wasn't back then. I don't know the print run of the gold but if I saw one in the wild I would rescue it from a dollar bin.

I'm also confused as to why anyone is even talking about it. Has some upstart, nothing of a studio optioned Gen13?

Edited by MrWeen

I'm going to predict...

Not sure why you are recommending this book but I fixed it for you despite your reason! :)

They both are the ones to get, You aren't going to find Ultimate Spider-Man 1 sitting in the quarter box while everyone runs out and grabs the white cover...same thing.

This is not a good comparison. I suspect the print run for Deathmate black and its variant were much higher than Ultimate Spider-Man 1. You will find a ton of those black covers littering Valiant long boxes all over the country. People know it's Gen13's first but there are so many that no one cares. The black cover isn't worth much now and really wasn't back then. I don't know the print run of the gold but if I see one in the wild I would rescue it from a dollar bin.

I'm also confused as to why anyone is even talking about it. Has some upstart, nothing of a studio optioned Gen13?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/11/the-new-gen-13-to-be-written-and-drawn-by-tony-daniel/

It's been denied, but so was Peter David writing a new Spider-Man 2099 ongoing. Time will tell...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/04/11/the-new-gen-13-to-be-written-and-drawn-by-tony-daniel/

It's been denied, but so was Peter David writing a new Spider-Man 2099 ongoing. Time will tell...

Do the people at bleedingcool not understand that the original announcement of a Gen 13 reboot that they themselves made was an April Fools joke?

I'm going to predict...

This is not a good comparison. I suspect the print run for Deathmate black and its variant were much higher than Ultimate Spider-Man 1. You will find a ton of those black covers littering Valiant long boxes all over the country. People know it's Gen13's first but there are so many that no one cares. The black cover isn't worth much now and really wasn't back then. I don't know the print run of the gold but if I saw one in the wild I would rescue it from a dollar bin.

The regular black is still probably worthwhile if in nice shape and cheap. It need not be Ultimate Spiderman 1 hitting $100+, but if Gen 13 pops again (although without Campbell doing the covers, probably not) it could certainly be a $10-$15 book on the interwebs.

personally i like to pick up the early gen 13s cheap for fun. remember when #1 was a $35 book? and that was after the early 90s hysteria had died down.

Edited by the blob

I'm going to predict...

The regular black is still probably worthwhile if in nice shape and cheap. It need not be Ultimate Spiderman 1 hitting $100+, but if Gen 13 pops again (although without Campbell doing the covers, probably not) it could certainly be a $10-$15 book on the interwebs.

personally i like to pick up the early gen 13s cheap for fun. remember when #1 was a $35 book? and that was after the early 90s hysteria had died down.

For some reason I do the same thing! I like this one too but that's about it for Gen 13.

Cs-IGQCWkKGrHqVlsEz4pSshBNELRitor_35_zps5eb6cd72.jpg

Edited by MrWeen

I love Frank Miller.

But Ronin is awful. I could not stand that book.

My 2c

I have no idea how that will translate to a live action, TV mini series.

But obviously my opinion doesn't matter, and you can now finally make money off that title.

So cheers! haha

I love Frank Miller.

My 2c

But obviously my opinion doesn't matter, and you can now finally make money off that title.

So cheers! haha

I agree. It was my least favorite Frank but somebody must like it. Maybe it will make a better TV show.

I love Frank Miller.

My 2c

So cheers! haha

I agree. It was my least favorite Frank but somebody must like it. Maybe it will make a better TV show.

The last three issues are quite hard to find.

Many 16 year olds like me gave up on it after issue 3.

I love Frank Miller.

My 2c

So cheers! haha

Wow, to each their own and all but I just freaking love that series. It probably shocks you it's so beloved by some as it shocks me that you hate it! :-)

I love Frank Miller.

My 2c

So cheers! haha

The last three issues are quite hard to find.

Many 16 year olds like me gave up on it after issue 3.

I have had no takers on a set for over a year now. Glad it did not sell earlier at 50% of guide! lol

I love Frank Miller.

My 2c

So cheers! haha

Wow, tot each their own and all but I just freaking love that series. It probably shocks you it's so beloved by some as it shocks me that you hate it! :-)

I did too, although it has been 30 years, so maybe I wouldn't if I read it now.

The market makes little sense sometimes. So Syfy announces all these projects-Letter 44, Pax Romana, Ronin and this series:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/01/syfy-developing-clone-from-walking-deads-robert-kirkman

Within 24 hours the market was pretty dry concerning all those mentioned above but Ebay is littered with Walking Dead 103 variants ( first Clone ). Out of all the announced series Clone seems to have the best chance. Also if Letter 44 can get optioned then what comic doesn't have a chance of getting a pilot? I'm hoping for this:

stuffins1_zpsff7f24c5.jpg

Edited by MrWeen