• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

So Hastings is lying about the print run ? People lie in this world ? Great googly Moogly....

At a 3000 print run its still one of the Lowest printed variants. Not as low as the 1:300 anymore. So its about a 1:225 avg variant if the print run is 700,000.

Still nothing to sleep on.

Edited by siro123

This amazing spider-man 1500 print run thing is the biggest joke of 2014.

Marvel doubled all retailer variant orders so they could have higher projected print runs. There are no 1500 retailer print runs - just 3000 and 6000.

Also i forgot to ask How do you know they decided to double store variants ?

Do you have proof to back this up ?

If they doubled all store variants that means all the stores got a bill 2 times higher than they originally planned.

I know marvel didnt double there orders for free.

Let me know

Marvel doubled all retailer variant orders so they could have higher projected print runs. There are no 1500 retailer print runs - just 3000 and 6000.

If they doubled all store variants that means all the stores got a bill 2 times higher than they originally planned.

Let me know

Actually, Marvel does double the orders for free on some comics. They've been doing this for years now. I believe the store is still on the hook for the delivery costs though.

Edited by rjrjr

Actually, Marvel does double the orders for free on some comics. They've been doing this for years now. I believe the store is still on the hook for the delivery costs though.

Yeah Marvel did do this for free , but only for the store exclusives. It was on bleeding cool and a couple other sites. Plus Larry would def know

Wow :o

Any idea how many of these are out there ? There aren't many available from what I can see.

Tempted to list my copy now or maybe just get it slabbed at Wizardworld next month then flip it.

Thought for sure there'd be a flood of 'em on ebay, like to know how low the print run was

wasn't issue 0 his 1st appearance?

Yeah...well it was in his first appearance in comics and served as a preview. His first appearance was in Lo-Fi Magazine, which is almost impossible to track down. Ween posted a picture of the cover a few pages back, I think.

The print run for #1 is a little smaller than #0 and the numbers went down a bit with each issue, IIRC. I've seen a couple #0s listed on eBay, but not many of the rest of the "Gentleman Corpse" series. I'm sure there are some sitting in back issue bins or a few at a store like Hastings or HPB.

Let me know

You 'know' that? really? I just love the way people on the boards make these sweeping statements with such certainty.

As a retailer who did an ASM variant I can categorically tell you that you are 100% wrong.

Let me know

You 'know' that? really? I just love the way people on the boards make these sweeping statements with such certainty.

As a retailer who did an ASM variant I can categorically tell you that you are 100% wrong.

Did you count your copies?

You should be getting the same Marvel / Diamond e-mails I'm getting...

Let me know

Did you count your copies?

You should be getting the same Marvel / Diamond e-mails I'm getting...

So does this mean retailers only paid for half the books they received ? If so, good deal for retailers. I thought retailers were getting hosed which I think sucks because retailers are reason we still get to buy printed books imo. Good for you guys. :applause:

Exactly.

Agreed as it's now online for sale at hastings website

What is weird is I saw it for sale yesterday morning too, but the status was "pre-order". But when I checked in the afternoon, it showed "sold out".

I just checked and now it is "Usually ships within 24 hours" and available.

This reminds me of when they had the Star Wars 1 about a year and a half ago. I order 2 when I first heard about the Hastings exclusive and within days it was sold out. A week or two later, I went back to the site and they were available again, so I ordered 2 more.

Very strange.

Just for grins, I looked at the Hastings website and the B&W exclusive Amazing Spider-man 1 is out of stock again. That's twice now I could have snagged a copy. :devil:

Exactly.

Larry, I know Marvel has doubled orders in the past for retailers for free. I would be interested in hearing about which books. If I recall, they usually are books that are teasers for an upcoming summer event or preview a few titles that are upcoming. Unfortunately, I just don't recall which books I heard they had double shipped, but I believe the last one had a hefty price tag, $6.99 or $7.99, I believe.

Edited by rjrjr

Exactly.

Larry, I know Marvel has doubled orders in the past for retailers for free. I would be interested in hearing about which books. If I recall, they usually are books that are teasers for an upcoming summer event or preview a few titles that are upcoming. Unfortunately, I just don't recall which books I heard they had double shipped, but I believe the last one had a hefty price tag, $6.99 or $7.99, I believe.

It's an marketing tactic used by publishers.

I have NO idea how many books it's been done with.

Happens often though..

Marvel wanted ASM to be the #1 book for the month.

Doubling retailers orders insures this...

Exactly.

Happens often though..

Was there any way Amazing Spider-Man #1 WASN'T going to be the top book for the month?

Exactly.

Happens often though..

I'm guessing not just Marvel does this then? I wonder if Diamond counts these issues when they release their monthly tallies? Seem duplicitous on the part of the publishers if they do.