• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Has anyone get a chance to watch Showtime's Penny Dreadful? With only one episode going so far, but worthy of watching.

Watched it twice, tough to get into. Hannibal is better.

Man that didn't take long! I'm holding onto my 5 copies for a bit

Next up... Nailbiter!

Hope, Hope.

7AzAicy.png

Anyone know what book this was previewed in?

Annnnd:

Nailbiter is SOLD OUT at Diamond. It's a baby step in the right direction.

Honestly, if this on can "pop' for a week.

I'll be thrilled.

and FYI: preview is in the most recent issue of Ghosted. NOT #1

So I heard back from a store with a Amazing Spidey #1 exclusive variant and he tells me that marvel did not double his order for the exclusive store variant. So thats 2 stores so far that say this.

So nobody has shown any proof that these were doubled yet. Saying that marvel has done this in the past is not proof. I know one more store owner i will call later today and talk to him.

Also saying marvel wanted it to be at the top of the charts is just silly. Everybody and their mother knew Spidey was going to be at the top of the sales charts for the first issue.No need to double store variants to do this.

I am amazed at how southern bastards is heating up. I missed the boat on this one.

I read it and was not impressed.

Southern Bastards fleabay

Edited by siro123

So I heard back from a store with a Amazing Spidey #1 exclusive variant and he tells me that marvel did not double his order for the exclusive store variant. So thats 2 stores so far that say this.

So nobody has shown any proof that these were doubled yet. Saying that marvel has done this in the past is not proof. I know one more store owner i will call later today and talk to him.

Also saying marvel wanted it to be at the top of the charts is just silly. Everybody and their mother knew Spidey was going to be at the top of the sales charts for the first issue.No need to double store variants to do this.

I am amazed at how southern bastards is heating up. I missed the boat on this one.

So nobody has shown any proof that these were doubled yet

That would be a copy of the retailers invoice. ( I doubt that's happening )

I'll go with my sources over yours: The orders were doubled.

Factiod.

Jacktoid.

Edited by LarrysComics

I'm going to guess your average store employee isn't really privy to the knowledge of the size of the entire print run. THey most likely at best only know how many their store got, and even then, they get shipments of books all the time and might not know if the actual number was 3 or 6 or 8 or 11, especially if they didn't come in at the same time.

Factiod.

Jacktoid.

Proof or it didnt happen. I only seek the truth .

Factiod.

Jacktoid.

Proof or it didnt happen. I only seek the truth .

Ok.

Ask ANY of the retailers that got an ASM #1 variant to see their invoice.

If they will not show it to you, you're dead balls correct on the print run.

Sound logical?

Don't get angry larry everybody still loves you.

But again Proof or it didnt happen.

You've had two people in the retail side tell you this is so and I spoke with my local LCS that backed this statement. Will a copy of the invoice faxed to you the only way to end this inquiry? (shrug)

Absolutely....

( I haven't had a fax for four years...)

A photo taken by super-phone will work perfectly:

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

( I'm not in a position to throw anybody to the wolves, but I've seen invoicing on this too )

You've had two people in the retail side tell you this is so and I spoke with my local LCS that backed this statement. Will a copy of the invoice faxed to you the only way to end this inquiry? (shrug)

I've also had 2 people on the retail side tell me it did NOT happen as these stores got exactly what they ordered for the exclusives.

No need to get your emo feelings worked up. I just want proof. If it cant be provided then oh well.

I've also had 2 people on the retail side tell me it did NOT happen as these stores got exactly what they ordered for the exclusives.

No need to get your emo feelings worked up. I just want proof. If it cant be provided then oh well.

Listen man...

We "get it"

You bought a mess ton of ASM #1 & you want them to hold their value.

I'm rooting for ya...

Emo feelings? Isn't that redundant? It appears your search for the truth requires you walk the path of ad hominem argument. Good luck on your trek... :facepalm:

What stores in your city ordered exclusives? I live in the 7th largest city in the U.S. ( San Antonio) and not one of our LCS ordered exclusives.

What stores in your city ordered exclusives? I live in the 7th largest city in the U.S. ( San Antonio) and not one of our LCS ordered exclusives.

Not in my city i used a telephone .

I'm over it now. But until i see proof it didnt happen.

We can do this all day so i'm done.