• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Batman Beyond #1

BB reaching for the $30 mark...

I wonder what the origin issue would fetch? hm

Are you talking about the reprint of the first issue from the 1999 mini series or are you talking about Superman/Batman Annual 4 or Batman 700?

I think the reprint/free origin issue. Feel free to correct me.

Batman Beyond #1

BB reaching for the $30 mark...

I wonder what the origin issue would fetch? hm

Are you talking about the reprint of the first issue from the 1999 mini series or are you talking about Superman/Batman Annual 4 or Batman 700?

I think the reprint/free origin issue. Feel free to correct me.

There's a reprint and a Six Flags reprint.

That Superman/Batman Annual 4 is a tough find, especially the 2nd printing.

It's the Batman Beyond issue IMO. Came out the same day as Batman 700, but unlike 700, he's the central figure of the story. The first story to really make him a part of the DCU.

It's the Batman Beyond issue IMO. Came out the same day as Batman 700, but unlike 700, he's the central figure of the story. The first story to really make him a part of the DCU.

Superman/Batman Annual 4 was released before Batman 700 which was released before Batman Beyond 1 (the 2010 series).

The Superman/Batman Annual book is his first appearance/origin in the main DC universe and the second print was only a few thousand copies.

The first issue of the 1999 mini series is obviously the book to get but Annual 4 is the second.

The 1999 mini is very liquid right now, I'm guessing a near mint set of those 6 books would fetch anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars at the moment.

Wow, random generic issues of the 1st Harley Quinn series (we knew #1 was hitting $20-$30+) briskly selling like generic Walking Dead issues from 6 years ago were selling a year ago at $6-$15+ a pop:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=harley+quinn+dodson&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Other thank Walking Dead pre issue 100 or so and Deadpool (90s series) I can't think of a modern title that is selling for a premium throughout the run like this? (Ok, it helps that it was only a 2 year run)

the gotham sirens books are also doing $5-$10 a pop

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=gotham+sirens+harley&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Last issue-itis :gossip:

It's not just the last issues, it's ones in between as well.

Superman/Batman Annual 4 was released before Batman 700 which was released before Batman Beyond 1 (the 2010 series).

The Superman/Batman Annual book is his first appearance/origin in the main DC universe and the second print was only a few thousand copies.

The first issue of the 1999 mini series is obviously the book to get but Annual 4 is the second.

The 1999 mini is very liquid right now, I'm guessing a near mint set of those 6 books would fetch anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars at the moment.

I haven't been able to find a Superman/Batman Annual 4 in the wild and believe me, I've looked

I haven't been able to find a Superman/Batman Annual 4 in the wild and believe me, I've looked

Because of the cover stock and thickness of the book it is quite difficult to find one without significant spine creases and/or minor tears

Edited by darkstar

Its hard but not impossible. I have actually found more 2nd prints then 1st prints. I think I got $30 for my last 1st print.

Sets of the 1999 series are selling well, but they are nowhere near $75-100 currently. Will they get there maybe? Current demand seems more for just the first issue.

I think buyers could care less about the origin. They want the 1st app.

Seems lately I just put my book up it sells in a day for at the time is a good price then few days later the book explodes. Rinse repeat.....

Edited by Fastballspecial

Its hard but not impossible. I have actually found more 2nd prints then 1st prints. I think I got $30 for my last 1st print.

Sets of the 1999 series are selling well, but they are nowhere near $75-100 currently. Will they get there maybe? Current demand seems more for just the first issue.

Seems lately I just put my book up it sells in a day for at the time is a good price then few days later the book explodes. Rinse repeat.....

Exactly

Exactly

+1

The sets are very rarely listed on eBay and it is even rarer to find a set where every book is near mint or better. The last set that sold advertised as NM had the reprint, not the actual first print, and someone paid $30, plus $12.50 in shipping, for it.

The last actual nm set that sold on eBay, that I know of, was back in March for $60 plus shipping. With the reintroduction of the character to the New 52 universe through the Future's End series a set would easily sell for $75 right now. A set of issues 1 and 2 sold in a few days of being listed for close to $30 and they were VF/NM.

Exactly

HAIL HYDRA !

I just picked up a bunch of southern bastards...lying in wait like some harlot on the comic shelves....cause I just heard from an australian collector that Australia go 0 of these bad boys....I'm wondering is the print run was very light but with returnablility and the obvious quality of story and art...there just weren't enough to make it out that way...?

I just picked up a bunch of southern bastards...lying in wait like some harlot on the comic shelves....cause I just heard from an australian collector that Australia go 0 of these bad boys....I'm wondering is the print run was very light but with returnablility and the obvious quality of story and art...there just weren't enough to make it out that way...?

35-40k, not very light.

I'm wondering is the print run was very light

A Jason Aaron creator owned #1, light?!

Puh leasssse.

25k+ easily

I'm wondering is the print run was very light

A Jason Aaron creator owned #1, light?!

Puh leasssse.

25k+ easily

Print run was 38k all in.