• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I think "The Sixth Gun" put the kibosh on that kind of speculation.

Or did it?

hm

-slym

I think it's the daily tv show and movie option announcements. I can't be the only one growing weary...

I think it's a combination.

too many TV / Movie option announcements.

And then the fact that despite all these announcements, we've not seen many of them actually show up on the TV Screen or Movie Screen. Especially outside the DC/Marvel lines. The Strain is actually airing this summer. Aside from that, how much tangible proof have these other announcements produced?

Getting optioned can be pretty meaningless. The majority of things that get optioned never make it to being a finished product.

Getting optioned can be pretty meaningless. The majority of things that get optioned never make it to being a finished product.

Getting that way, hell there is even some apprehension about The Strain still and that is already been promised 13 episodes lol.

Like people won't fully believe it till they are watching it themselves.

Getting that way, hell there is even some apprehension about The Strain still and that is already been promised 13 episodes lol.

I've already been seeing teasers and advertisements for Strain.

So that one is safe, and will definitely be airing.

However, who knows if it will be popular and get a second season.

I hope and think it will. I've been following the development of the series i think it has tons of potential let's just hope i am not the only one. (thumbs u

Exactly, if the show brings fans that want to buy the comics then value will be solid. If the show is a dud then the book won't sustain value and it will drop like Sixth Gun. There's no safety zone with this sort of speculation unless the property becomes established in pop culture. Fans maintain long term value, not options, shows or even movies, remember that RIPD movie from last year :P Shows and movies can help create more fans but they have to be good to do that.

The 1999 mini is very liquid right now, I'm guessing a near mint set of those 6 books would fetch anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars at the moment.

Sets of the 1999 series are selling well, but they are nowhere near $75-100 currently. Will they get there maybe? Current demand seems more for just the first issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Beyond-1999-Mini-Series-1-2-3-4-5-6-Special-Origin-Issue-1-NM-/271493957651

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291151192020

:whistle:

The 1999 mini is very liquid right now, I'm guessing a near mint set of those 6 books would fetch anywhere from 75 to 100 dollars at the moment.

Sets of the 1999 series are selling well, but they are nowhere near $75-100 currently. Will they get there maybe? Current demand seems more for just the first issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Beyond-1999-Mini-Series-1-2-3-4-5-6-Special-Origin-Issue-1-NM-/271493957651

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291151192020

:whistle:

hm any thoughts on how the market will treat the free origin issue of #1?

Its a reprint, so unless its being hyped due to scarcity then it shouldn't do much of anything. However, it does have a few sales of around 10, 15 dollars. Impossible to say really.

Edited by darkstar

Its a reprint, so unless its being hyped due to scarcity then it shouldn't do much of anything. However, it does have a few sales of around 10, 15 dollars. Impossible to say really.

FCBD CGC9.8 Sale

Agreed; raw copies haven't seen the FCBD version normally get past $10, but graded had a couple sales around $100 over the past couple months.

Exactly, if the show brings fans that want to buy the comics then value will be solid. If the show is a dud then the book won't sustain value and it will drop like Sixth Gun. There's no safety zone with this sort of speculation unless the property becomes established in pop culture. Fans maintain long term value, not options, shows or even movies, remember that RIPD movie from last year :P Shows and movies can help create more fans but they have to be good to do that.

The Strain will be 13 episodes unless FX decides not to air all episodes.

If it becomes very successful, it likely won't stretch past 3 seasons; the writers have a firm end to the story.

@Mike'sRack -- you took the words out of my mouth. I was going to use '2 Guns' as an example. Even with a rating of 7 on IMDb, the 2 Guns comic (BOOM Studios) didn't blow up.

FCBD CGC9.8 Sale

Agreed; raw copies haven't seen the FCBD version normally get past $10, but graded had a couple sales around $100 over the past couple months.

Of course, then you have this....

MCS Special Origin Cheap

Suicide Squad #1 @ $12 & 18 bids.

Scarlet Spider-Man #10 & 11 @ $12 & 17 bids. Something about Scarlet Spider-Man, Venom and Carnage gets fans blood pumping.

Superman Adventures #5 @ $35 & 9 bids. 1st app of Live Wire and seems to be the next Harley Quinn.

Strain #1 @ $22 & 3 bids still seems smoking hot.

:whee:

The Strain will be 13 episodes unless FX decides not to air all episodes.

If it becomes very successful, it likely won't stretch past 3 seasons; the writers have a firm end to the story.

@Mike'sRack -- you took the words out of my mouth. I was going to use '2 Guns' as an example. Even with a rating of 7 on IMDb, the 2 Guns comic (BOOM Studios) didn't blow up.

What was the last TV show to be based on a comic before the Strain? It can't be Painkiller Jane.