• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Looks like Jae Lee's art, maybe it's first work or something? (shrug)

I don't think it is Jae Lee

Cover:

Pencils: Liam Sharp

Inks: Liam Sharp

Interior:

-script: Chuck Dixon

Pencils: Juan Zanotto

Inks: Juan Zanotto

Colors: Tom Vincent

Letters: Ken Lopez

Source

Looks like Jae Lee's art, maybe it's first work or something? (shrug)

I don't think it is Jae Lee

Cover:

Pencils: Liam Sharp

Inks: Liam Sharp

Interior:

-script: Chuck Dixon

Pencils: Juan Zanotto

Inks: Juan Zanotto

Colors: Tom Vincent

Letters: Ken Lopez

Source

The cover doesn't look anything like Jae Lee art. Looks closer to an newbie Jim Lee.

Is it me or has Manifest Destiny really cooled down lately?

It certainly has, Maybe just a lull due to the time between issues (shrug)

Or perhaps it was too overheated, like a lot of hot and 'hyped' image books a few issues out.

Is it me or has Manifest Destiny really cooled down lately?

i think it has sustained a decent value i just think anyone who assumed it would stay that high was nuts .First thing the book is on a break second it's still early in the series remember at one point it was a hard book to get even on ebay now there are a ton of graded copies available. (thumbs u I still think it will be the book to own this time next year.

Yea, I didn't think It had any chance of staying as hot as it was when the price peaked. I don't think it was over hyped, demand was just higher than the number of slabs that were out there yet.

I agree though, I think it will still be a hot one for the time being.

Edited by AntBrown

Glad I didn't jump out the window early i got a full set cheap and was gifted the Ottley Variant 9.8 by a great friend and awesome bordie don't want to throw out a name without permission. lol

Yea, I didn't think It had any chance of staying as hot as it was when the price peaked. I don't think it was over hyped, demand was just higher than the number of slabs that were out there yet.

+1

I will add this: I doubt Image is letting Silvestri and McFarlane do covers on books no one wants ;)

Yeah, if the book stays good, over time, things will balance out and the LBCC will widen the gap between the other covers, eventually the Ottley will be the number two book, it is definitely more limited and a cooler cover.

I'm not saying it doesn't have quality, but really how different is this book than: Todd, Clone, Tot, etc, etc. There's lots of good books out there, but when prices shoot up 3-400% almost instantly it should be a huge flag there's some serious speculation (*cough pump and dump) going on. If the book was all based on readers/collectors that actually want to own a copy the price movement would move more like this: 50%, 50%,50%, 50%.

Jesus there was a sale here on the boards of 33 copies that someone offered up at like $40+/copy, and it was sold within hours! Is that guy reading all those 33 copies? lol

Yeah, if the book stays good, over time, things will balance out and the LBCC will widen the gap between the other covers, eventually the Ottley will be the number two book, it is definitely more limited and a cooler cover.

I agree and so far, there is no reason to believe it won't continue to be good. The #7 will probably get plenty of looks because of the cover artists so its hopefully a good jumping on point for new readers.