• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Has anyone checked the rest of Latour's previous work to see if he's ever drawn a middle-aged white male before...? It might be worth looking into.

Good luck finding any copies. I am buying up all available comics with white males. One if them is bound to be the prototype for the next new hot book.

Right. Those are typically one-shot characters created to test out concepts prior to launching the marvel lineup were all familiar with. Not even remotely similar to Wooster.

ASM 471 has been mentioned as a potential book to watch in this thread before.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301204284728

Obviously not a trend yet, but that is a new high for the book and it was only listed for a few days. Relatively low number of copies listed for a modern ASM book at the moment.

I've been buying these. I didn't realize it was #471 I always thought of it as vol2 #30. That JSC and JMS run was pretty spectacular...I mean Amazing lol

I used to get very good money for issues #30 through #36 and I love going back years later and finding this stuff cheaper. (thumbs u

Same here been picking these up as I see em - 1st Morlun and sweet J.S Campbell cover.

Has anyone checked the rest of Latour's previous work to see if he's ever drawn a middle-aged white male before...? It might be worth looking into.

Sandman looks just like Neil Gaiman - he is his own prototype! Anyone have a copy of his high school yearbook?

Also, I'm pretty sure Mcfarlane drew a black soldier somewhere in the ASM Assassination Plot storyline (Spawn prototype right there).

Sandman looks just like Neil Gaiman - he is his own prototype! Anyone have a copy of his high school yearbook?

Also, I'm pretty sure Mcfarlane drew a black soldier somewhere in the ASM Assassination Plot storyline (Spawn prototype right there).

to

OK even I draw the line at prototypes with an exception for Foom 2.

to

OK even I draw the line at prototypes with an exception for Foom 2.

Uh oh :roflmao:

Here's a neat kinda prototype story, A While back I got a Journey Into Mystery #74 from Nov 1961, same month FF #1 was released. I guess Kirby was practicing his Ben Grimm because one of the main characters in the story looked just like him.

But what really stood out to me was Ditko's "Mechanical Men", the side view especially with the Spidey shaped eye

<a  href=JIM-ditko_zpsf9cd1f65.jpg' alt='JIM-ditk

I sent an offer asking when the TV show airs. I'm hoping fall 2015 lineup.

Edited by Taco

Haha. That would be great :wishluck:

Here's a neat kinda prototype story, A While back I got a Journey Into Mystery #74 from Nov 1961, same month FF #1 was released. I guess Kirby was practicing his Ben Grimm because one of the main characters in the story looked just like him.

But what really stood out to me was Ditko's "Mechanical Men", the side view especially with the Spidey shaped eye

(shrug)lol

So I went back through Scalped. I read it two years ago. No one can possibly still believe this is Earl Tubb.

Scalped16p05_zpsf0f16745.jpg

#16 page 5. Actually appears on page 4, but page 5 he says his name.

scaled_54_010_zps04ed9207.jpg

#54 page 9. He gets shot in the head. Dead body is shown face down on page 10.

So I went back through Scalped. I read it two years ago. No one can possibly still believe this is Earl Tubb.

Yeah, spot on. The suggestion that this is Earl's first appearance is just silly. Or fraudulent. Take your pick.

Don't ruin it, Im really enjoying watching all the suckers buy Scalped 43 at hilarious prices lol

Anyone that's read Scalped knows how funny all of this is. Let the fools throw their money away.

Don't ruin it, Im really enjoying watching all the suckers buy Scalped 43 at hilarious prices lol

Anyone that's read Scalped knows how funny all of this is. Let the fools throw their money away.

Funny or annoying? I've watched Star Wars 68, which doesn't feature Boba Fett but another character entirely, get priced higher and higher as a Boba Fett cover and story. I think Boba Fett is in one or two panels in the book (in a flashback) and he isn't the character on the cover. (Hint: if you watched the Clone Wars TV series, you would understand there is an entire planet of people who wear armor that looks like Boba Fett's armor.)

Another is the first appearance of Rocket Raccoon. Half the collectors out there think it is Incredible Hulk 271. :facepalm:

Once these books go up, they hardly ever come down.

I've watched Star Wars 68, which doesn't feature Boba Fett but another character entirely, get priced higher and higher as a Boba Fett cover and story. I think Boba Fett is in one or two panels in the book (in a flashback) and he isn't the character on the cover. (Hint: if you watched the Clone Wars TV series, you would understand there is an entire planet of people who wear armor that looks like Boba Fett's armor.)

While the story in issue 68 largely doesn't feature Boba, the cover art IS definitely him. You can tell because of the Wookie scalps/pelts on his shoulder. Fenn Shysa doesn't have those.