• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I wouldn't expect any bump in Sonic comics. They are what they are -- they have a small, but crazed following -- but it was first and foremost a video game.

yeah last weekend I was at a show and a kid came to the table I was working at and went to one of the three walls. Saw a Sonic #0 and just stood there staring.

I said "can I help you with anything"

"oh man, Oh man, I just I just don't know"

He was wearing a Sonic shirt

So I said "oh you want to see this?" and showed him the Sonic #0 to which he replied

"oh man I just never expected to see this here. A sonic comic book?"

Moral of the story - Sonic fans don't care about the comics and its a very finite fan base. A sonic movie sounds cool but in reality it going to be panned towards 4 - 10 year olds. Movie news will in no way effect the comics value.

Sonic already has a nice little following. If you find nice copies of the first 150 or so issues in the dollar bins, or less, I suggest picking them up.

I would also buy:

Justice League Europe 37

Superman 62

Detective Comics 639

Electronic Gamer Monthly Oct 1991

Disney Adventures November 1991 ( sonic mini comic ) This might be the first appearance of Darkwing Duck too but I do not know for sure.

According to chuck, it already is heating up! For years!!

detective 639

You sure that's how it happened?

Or were you high :baiting:

Thanks to my new Snoop Dogg Mirco G-Pen, I'm always high at conventions in canada.

lol comment of the year, thats whats up though!.....

Anyways Am i crazy or did i see a TWD #127 cgc 9.8 SELL for $224 on ebay...?!

i'm sitting on so many of these, but i'm just a small timer and i really don't know what the best avenue is for me to go about getting them graded at the best rate, Should i just go through there website or is there anyway to get around pay $ 20+ fee per modern graded?

yeah last weekend I was at a show and a kid came to the table I was working at and went to one of the three walls. Saw a Sonic #0 and just stood there staring.

So I said "oh you want to see this?" and showed him the Sonic #0 to which he replied

Moral of the story - Sonic fans don't care about the comics and its a very finite fan base. A sonic movie sounds cool but in reality it going to be panned towards 4 - 10 year olds. Movie news will in no way effect the comics value.

Well said Jimmi - took the words right out of my mouth

I saw that so that wasn't so surprising. The crazy part is the #2 bidder imo. They only had 4%

Edited by The Authority

True, but the greedy shiller bumped himself out of a craxy sale unless he sends 2nd offer bait and the 4% fish bites.

I hope sales are this strong as I have some 127's with CGC, although no telling when II'll get them back. I'm stuck in a time vortex lately

Edited by Pinky Lee Zepplin

Look a little closer. The winning bidder has only bid on TWO items in the last 30 days, for a total of FIVE bids, FOUR of which were on this item. That's where you get the 80% - 4 out of 5 bids with this seller. But...all on one item, and the seller is a high FB seller with 167 FB in the last month.

There is no evidence here of a shill.

Well said Jimmi - took the words right out of my mouth

While I agree with you, I wonder how much that matters? I honestly don't think many of these hot comics are being purchased by the audience that would appreciate them, but by speculators and collectors who want in on the current hot thing.

It seems any flimsy excuse will do too:

"This character is a favorite of cosplayers."

"This character is going to get 5 minutes in the next superhero movie."

"This character is going to make an appearance in the new 52 or Marvel now."

Edited by rjrjr