• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,842 posts in this topic

Hopefully you make a few bucks on this book because you've been a big advocate of it for awhile. I have two NM+ copies, do you think it's worth having them graded? I may send some books off to CGC....

Thanks, I really appreciate you saying that. I took your advice about a year or so ago and sold enough to cover expenses on everything I bought from that point on instead of gambling on the home runs. It really improved my returns because losses have mostly disappeared. I personally believe they are worth grading now due to the announcement, the quality of the book, and mainly because the number sold each month has leveled and even gone back up a little. 2c

Hopefully you make a few bucks on this book because you've been a big advocate of it for awhile. I have two NM+ copies, do you think it's worth having them graded? I may send some books off to CGC....

Thanks, I really appreciate you saying that. I took your advice about a year or so ago and sold enough to cover expenses on everything I bought from that point on instead of gambling on the home runs. It really improved my returns because losses have mostly disappeared. I personally believe they are worth grading now due to the announcement, the quality of the book, and mainly because the number sold each month has leveled and even gone back up a little. 2c

When I pulled these two copies from the back issues, the gal at the counter (who is hands down the best-looking girl I've ever seen in a LCS) commented on how funny she found the book. We chatted for a bit, and I recommended she check out PP...So I guess this book is a hit with the ladies.

When I pulled these two copies from the back issues, the gal at the counter (who is hands down the best-looking girl I've ever seen in a LCS) commented on how funny she found the book. We chatted for a bit, and I recommended she check out PP...So I guess this book is a hit with the ladies.

Cool story and congrats on having a hot chick at your LCS. I've heard some young ladies talking about it around here too. The fact that women are in a comic shop gives me hope that comics still have a chance competing against all things electronic. :grin:

so where do you think the staples variant is going? that's the only one i have. seems to be selling for $35 or so raw right now with lots of high asks

Edited by the blob

so where do you think the staples variant is going? that's the only one i have. seems to be selling for $35 or so raw right now with lots of high asks

I would buy all I could at $35. Just because that is the last sale you see that is not what the price is.

Recently somebody listed an East of West RRP in a cgc 9.4 holder for $24.95 and it sold right away, if that was the last recorded sale of the book, that would not be the value.

fair enough. i see in my sales thread here where I was giving a 10% or so discount off of what i thought the going rate on ebay seemed to be on some keys some of the same books have gotten sold by other boardies for like 25-30% more than what I was asking. as usual, i am underestimating the market. i need to factor in actual sales prices and BIN asking prices...sure, if there are available BINs for $20, it's probably not more than a $20 book here or on ebay despite what one might have sold for last week, but if one sold for $35 last week and the only BINs are for $50 and none of the more recent auctions have ended, it isn't necessarily a $35 book anymore.

I don't think you'll find a variant for $75 now....

Selling on the boards is definitely not a sign of what a comic is worth. Boardies often times expect a heavy discount to close the deal.

Well, we know better.

:insane:

I don't think you'll find a variant for $75 now....

Selling on the boards is definitely not a sign of what a comic is worth. Boardies often times expect a heavy discount to close the deal.

On the hot stuff it can be pretty close here though. I try to gauge the market and knock off 10% for the fees I am avoiding.

I like to help boardies out, and I have in the past and will continue to do so. But hopefully nobody out there believe that somebody should leave lots of money on the table to sell to a boardie.. because most likely all that other person wants to do is flip it.

Now obviously there are cases where somebody needs to fill a hole in a collection so that doesn't always apply.

I like to help boardies out, and I have in the past and will continue to do so. But hopefully nobody out there believe that somebody should leave lots of money on the table to sell to a boardie.. because most likely all that other person wants to do is flip it.

Now obviously there are cases where somebody needs to fill a hole in a collection so that doesn't always apply.

Agreed. I'll do the obligatory 10% off GPA on slabs in here but anybody in here thinks I'm going to knock 20-30% off just because they're a boardie is just plain :screwy:.

Sh*t, the way its going, youd be lucky if you find a reg cover #1 for 35 in a week or 2