• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Those prices are all over the map! Will this be a dud in 2-3 weeks like so many other hot books?

Are Disney Fans/ collectors going to be wiped off the face of the earth in 2-3 weeks?

They are one of the most rabid fan bases on the planet.

Think.

Before you make such a moronic statement.

Let's revisit this in six months, and decide if the question was moronic.

Absolutely.

I'm buying Figment for set sales on Ebay for a decade.

( like I do with video game / movie properties regularly )

Will this be Walking Dead?

Eff No.

Do I think it will be Ratchett & Clank?

Yuuuuup.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ratchet+%26+clank+1-6&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=10&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

R&C is weird. the individual issues sell for nothing. set sales before these recent $49.99 ones were $18-$24.99 and ended auctions show you could have gotten 1-4 for $8.28 and 5-6 separately for .44 cents (plus shipping i guess). people paying a big premium for 1-6 all from the same seller. pretty sure i have a full set or two, but some of the issues are not NM.

is the tpb supposed to be rare? i saw plenty at my lcs when it came out, didn't think twice about it.

question is, with #1 being worthless right now, is it worth stockpiling even if you can't put together full sets? i don't think it had a huge print-run, my LCS only had like 4 copies.

Those prices are all over the map! Will this be a dud in 2-3 weeks like so many other hot books?

Are Disney Fans/ collectors going to be wiped off the face of the earth in 2-3 weeks?

Think.

Absolutely.

Eff No.

Yuuuuup.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ratchet+%26+clank+1-6&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=10&_fpos=&_fsct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

R&C is weird. the individual issues sell for nothing. set sales before these recent $49.99 ones were $18-$24.99 and ended auctions show you could have gotten 1-4 for $8.28 and 5-6 separately for .44 cents (plus shipping i guess). people paying a big premium for 1-6 all from the same seller. pretty sure i have a full set or two, but some of the issues are not NM.

is the tpb supposed to be rare? i saw plenty at my lcs when it came out, didn't think twice about it.

question is, with #1 being worthless right now, is it worth stockpiling even if you can't put together full sets? i don't think it had a huge print-run, my LCS only had like 4 copies.

I was $39.99 for a year on Ebay.

single prices on Amazon are higher. ( as is ALWAYS the case w media tie ins)

Agreed. Seriously silly. (It's not like it's the first appearance of LiveWire or anything . . . lol:insane: )

well, at least that's the first appearance (and it's going for what, $15-$20, not $90-$120!), this is like the 17th or 18th appearance! it's not even like he had not teamed up with starlord before, although technically he "joins" the GOTG in this issue!

Think.

Absolutely.

Eff No.

Yuuuuup.

I was $39.99 for a year on Ebay.

single prices on Amazon are higher. ( as is ALWAYS the case w media tie ins)

i suppose the $18-$24.99 ones were underpriced BINs.

i probably wouldn't lay out $24 cover price for a mini if I saw it as a $40 sale (yes, $16 less fees should be sufficuent, it's a close call...mainly it's about laying out the money and waiting), but since you're paying almost half cover wholesale you have a different dynamic

Edited by the blob

Agreed. Seriously silly. (It's not like it's the first appearance of LiveWire or anything . . . lol:insane: )

well, at least that's the first appearance (and it's going for what, $15-$20, not $90-$120!), this is like the 17th or 18th appearance! it's not even like he had not teamed up with starlord before, although technically he "joins" the GOTG in this issue!

anyway, i'll shut up. i have a ton of GOTG stuff, just not this issue (I think), so I should be happy. i just find it weird that this #1 from 2008 probably fetches more than the entire marvel presents run in NM.

Not really weird, its quite common among the video-game based miniseries that sets sell well, while individual copies get ignored. Look at Uncharted, inFamous, etc.

Which is seeing quite the precipitous fall

anyway, i'll shut up. i have a ton of GOTG stuff, just not this issue (I think), so I should be happy. i just find it weird that this #1 from 2008 probably fetches more than the entire marvel presents run in NM.

its a #1 issue and features, arguably, the first appearance of the movie team, thus it has quite a demand.

I've been buying the Marvel Presents for this very reason. I understand why it is bringing good money but it doesn't quite click in the old making sense department for me. I don't believe this happened with any particular Avengers book featuring a movie lineup or did I miss it ? I doubt it will happen with the new JLA movie lineup or am I missing something ?

Not necessarily, I wouldn't pay $95 for that with all those spine creases on the back, would you?

The pictures are burly and terrible with 2 small lines of text as the description, terrible ad.

how is that cold at a raw $95? isn't that a ton of money for that book?

of course, it's just an ask, it hasn't sold.

This book goes for more than cover price?

holy cow, based on recent sales, $95, if the book actually was NM, would not be a crazy price.

that's NUTS.

so, lemme see, the 200th or so appearance of guardians of the galaxy and star lord and like the 100th appearance of rocket racoon is a $100 book? raw??? and this is the SECOND GOTG solo series, not to mention the run in Marvel prsents in the 70s. and it is selling for about as much as a nice copy of the GOTG first appeance from 40 years ago sells for??

i would have figured $25 tops. i understand the print-run was lowish, so it should be more expensive than the 1990s GOTG 1, which didn't have the Racoon in it, but $100+++????!?!?!

Rocket only appeared in a few dozen comics prior to GOTG 1 ( 2008 )

my apologies, the 25TH APPEARANCE of Rocket Racoon??? Does it really matter??

Yes I think it matters. Prior to Conquest Marvel hardly used Rocket. His appearances are becoming increasingly difficulty to find and are in some odd places like She-Hulk and Quasar. Early Deadpool appearances hold value, why should Rocket be any different? Look if Disney can make a buck off Figment who knows how high the ceiling is for Rocket.

Edited by MrWeen

Yes I think it matters. Prior to Conquest Marvel hardly used Rocket. His appearances are becoming increasingly difficulty to find and are in some odd places like She-Hulk and Quasar. Early Deadpool appearances hold value, why should Rocket be any different? Look if Disney can make a buck off Figment who knows how high the ceiling is for Rocket.

It's not popular b/c of any one character. It's the 1st series of the team that will be in the new movie. The other appearances, besides Annihilation Conquest 6, feature a different cast of characters.

Not necessarily, I wouldn't pay $95 for that with all those spine creases on the back, would you?

The pictures are burly and terrible with 2 small lines of text as the description, terrible ad.

holy cow, based on recent sales, $95, if the book actually was NM, would not be a crazy price.

that's NUTS.

so, lemme see, the 200th or so appearance of guardians of the galaxy and star lord and like the 100th appearance of rocket racoon is a $100 book? raw??? and this is the SECOND GOTG solo series, not to mention the run in Marvel prsents in the 70s. and it is selling for about as much as a nice copy of the GOTG first appeance from 40 years ago sells for??

i would have figured $25 tops. i understand the print-run was lowish, so it should be more expensive than the 1990s GOTG 1, which didn't have the Racoon in it, but $100+++????!?!?!

It's different because it's freaking Rocket Raccoon, not an actual character of any relevance. And it's just going to be a blob of pixels on a screen made to vaguely resemble a raccoon.This isn't like Robert Downey Jr. bringing Tony Stark to life for a whole new audience.

that's NUTS.

It's different because it's freaking Rocket Raccoon, not an actual character of any relevance. And it's just going to be a blob of pixels on a screen made to vaguely resemble a raccoon.This isn't like Robert Downey Jr. bringing Tony Stark to life for a whole new audience.

You are underestimating the marketability of the character and the machine behind it.

Also one could argue that the Iron Man was a second rate character prior to Downey making that film.

that's NUTS.

You are underestimating the marketability of the character and the machine behind it.

Also one could argue that the Iron Man was a second rate character prior to Downey making that film.

Every kid in the country is going to know who Rocket Raccoon is in a couple months with the amount of toys, masks, t-shirts, plush dolls that will be out there at stores and Disney theme parks. wait and see how many Rocket raccoon trick or treaters there are this year.

Also on the Disney / Marvel front, find those Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1s and just wait coz it's gonna explode

Every kid in the country is going to know who Rocket Raccoon is in a couple months with the amount of toys, masks, t-shirts, plush dolls that will be out there at stores and Disney theme parks. wait and see how many Rocket raccoon trick or treaters there are this year.

Also on the Disney / Marvel front, find those Sunfire & Big Hero 6 #1s and just wait coz it's gonna explode

We'll see just how skilled the turd polishers are.

(thumbs u

^^

The dumb money seems a whole lot dumber this time than in the mid-'90s, but I guess that's just because we have the Internet to quantify the stupidity.

lol

Good point.