• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Just as a heads up with all this Rat Queens heat, I'm not staring at it, but I'm pretty sure I have a second print copy of number one, and it doesn't indicate it anywhere besides the inside cover.

Can anyone confirm? If so, be careful with all these ebay auctions, there are currently no listings for "second print".

A quick google of it shows a second print of #1 having totally different CA...so maybe I'm just crazy.

The only second print of issue 1 is the Riley Rossmo Hannah cover variant. There is no 2nd print with the same cover art as the 1st print.

Come to think of it.. I dont see single #1 2nd print on the Bay... Wonder whats the print run is on those pupps

The only second print of issue 1 is the Riley Rossmo Hannah cover variant. There is no 2nd print with the same cover art as the 1st print.

Come to think of it.. I dont see single #1 2nd print on the Bay... Wonder whats the print run is on those pupps

I'm having trouble finding it but while looking, I started checking other issues and the runs of #2 through 5 were around 11,500-12,000 copies of each and each one of those had 2 covers so there are roughly 5700 - 6200 of each regular and variant cover. That isn't super low but it's not a lot either.

I'm having trouble finding it but while looking, I started checking other issues and the runs of #2 through 5 were around 11,500-12,000 copies of each and each one of those had 2 covers so there are roughly 5700 - 6200 of each regular and variant cover. That isn't super low but it's not a lot either.

All I know is I have 5 sets of 1-5 now and the only one missing is the #1 2nd print.. with my luck that ones gonna end up being the RQ grail lol

The dumb money seems a whole lot dumber this time than in the mid-'90s, but I guess that's just because we have the Internet to quantify the stupidity.

Or the reverse, you're quantifying 100's of thousands vs 50 thousand, only numbers though, right?

The dumb money seems a whole lot dumber this time than in the mid-'90s, but I guess that's just because we have the Internet to quantify the stupidity.

Or the reverse, you're quantifying 100's of thousands vs 50 thousand, only numbers though, right?

I actually never thought about the print run numbers when thinking about a return to the 90s. Great point.

Smells like someone bet heavily on Ninjak once upon a time.

Edited by MrWeen

Wow ! I feel like Ninjak was the first Valiant character to cause the bubble to bust in the 90s. The print run on those books had to be high because there were stacks of them everywhere. lol

I enjoyed the heck out of Valiant books and especially Bloodshot, X-O, and Eternal Warrior. Still, I think Ninjak sealed the deal.

Wow ! I feel like Ninjak was the first Valiant character to cause the bubble to bust in the 90s. The print run on those books had to be high because there were stacks of them everywhere. lol

I enjoyed the heck out of Valiant books and especially Bloodshot, X-O, and Eternal Warrior. Still, I think Ninjak sealed the deal.

Geomancer helped!

Geomancer helped!

Haha ! I forgot about him. There were some really great books early and even some of the later stuff was good but there were some absolute duds mixed in. lol

Geomancer helped!

Haha ! I forgot about him. There were some really great books early and even some of the later stuff was good but there were some absolute duds mixed in. lol

Collecting Valiant is like marital sex; nasty good at the start, over printed for years and rare at the end.

Geomancer helped!

One word: TUROK

Nuff said

Geomancer helped!

One word: TUROK

Nuff said

lol