• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Is it worth picking up more Nailbiter #1s? What about Southern Bastards #1? A couple of stores here still have some left on the racks at cover.

Southern Bastards has slowed, but Scalped 43, oddly enough, is still doing alright.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=southern+bastards+cbldf&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=scalped+43&_sacat=0

Those people selling that a s a first appearance had probably better hope the buyers don't read the book before leaving feedback. At this point, those sellers should know better and certainly shouldn't advertise them as a first appearance of Earl Tubb. Dirty pool. lol

True, but there is still that listing by a boardie explaining that it isn't his first appearance, plus sellers have sold copies with no mention of southern bastards.

bZCgW6L.jpg

Thats effin funny :roflmao:

I can't remember his name, but the federal agent from a few issues later who saved the sheriff during a raid is a better prototype for Earl - that guy was a Bada$$!

Edited by Hekla

in regards to Southern Bastards, hold em if you got em.

I didn't sell a single one.

I like this for the long run.

same, I have no problem holding on to what I have. I'll step aside for the desperate ones blowing them out.

in regards to Southern Bastards, hold em if you got em.

I didn't sell a single one.

I like this for the long run.

same, I have no problem holding on to what I have. I'll step aside for the desperate ones blowing them out.

My local LCS still has first prints available for $7 a pop. Worth picking up a couple?

Speculation pick: Weird Love #1 and #2 (classic cover)

The early Haunted Horror issues are doing well and Weird Love may follow that trend.

I have read multiple sources saying this. I don't think it's a bad bet if you can get them cheap.

Speculation pick: Weird Love #1 and #2 (classic cover)

The early Haunted Horror issues are doing well and Weird Love may follow that trend.

I have read multiple sources saying this. I don't think it's a bad bet if you can get them cheap.

I bought the 1st one

Only one shop in town ordered any

Wasn't sure about the 2nd so I left that at the shop today

I can't sell my Weird Love #1s. But the print run was 4,000 and I remember selling a Haunted Horror #1 for $70, so I've been picking them up whenever I can find them.

The second print has a cool green cover so I picked that up today too. Green Cover and "collectors Item" written on cover make me :cloud9:

Superman Unchained #7 variant has a Jock cover.

_57_zpsf103caf3.jpg

I really don't know what the fascination is with Jock covers. I loved his work on Snapshot but other than Det 880 I'm just not that impressed. I don't even think Det 871 is a particularly impressive cover but at least there are other factors that make it a key. I know people are always looking for the next great cover artist but I just don't think this guy is it.

I really don't know what the fascination is with Jock covers. I loved his work on Snapshot but other than Det 880 I'm just not that impressed. I don't even think Det 871 is a particularly impressive cover but at least there are other factors that make it a key. I know people are always looking for the next great cover artist but I just don't think this guy is it.

Agreed on 871, 880-81 are nice. He has a really nice run of Batman from 642-650. Check those out.

Edited by ygogolak

_57_zpsf103caf3.jpg

I agree, but remember just because we don't like doesn't mean it cant get hot. Its hard to overcome, but I have had to learn that lesson repeatedly in the last few years.

_57_zpsf103caf3.jpg

I agree, but remember just because we don't like doesn't mean it cant get hot. Its hard to overcome, but I have had to learn that lesson repeatedly in the last few years.

Oh I understand that just fine I just do not find his covers all that appealing. I am not opposed to making money off the issue if I were smart enough to raid the store but from a collector's point of view I ain't buyin'. Actually this comic has everything going for it but the cover. The print run is prob not high, it's well written and the Joker gets a dynamic close up. The problem is Jim Lee didn't draw it.

Edited by MrWeen