• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Anyone else going in on the Rai #2 Recalled Mask Variant???

I'm figuring awesome artist+awesome writer+pretty good comic so far+limited numbers=huge potential.

Do I have something here, or am I being ridi-culous???

I wouldn't hold your breath on Rai; the overwhelming sentiment on the VF boards is that the recall error was quite abundant in a number of shops. That, and I don't think a lot of people will care....if the VF regulars don't care about this, then few people will.

I'm figuring awesome artist+awesome writer+pretty good comic so far+limited numbers=huge potential.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Rai; the overwhelming sentiment on the VF boards is that the recall error was quite abundant in a number of shops. That, and I don't think a lot of people will care....if the VF regulars don't care about this, then few people will.

This. The people that should care don't.

It's not like Rai called someone a k*** or anything.

Those recalled Wolverine books are more common than advertised. I used to pick them up when I came across them, but after 10 or so, I realized they were practically every other issue.

Those recalled Wolverine books are more common than advertised. I used to pick them up when I came across them, but after 10 or so, I realized they were practically every other issue.

Yeah but how much fun is it to find one and show everyone around you the hilarious recall.

I love that book!

It wasn't the rarity I was commenting on, but that they had a good reason to recall it. It's a major title with a crazy racial slur that somehow made it to print without an editor saying "This probably won't fly."

The Rai book is being recalled because the perforation lines for the mask cut off the ears. Who cares.

Let's kill this stupid 1st appearance/prototype talk - Scalped 16 is the first appearance of Wooster Karnow, drawn by R.M. Guera. He looks exactly the same in that issue as he does in 43.

How is 43 the first appearance of a 'prototype' character, when he appears 27 issues earlier? Latour isn't even co-creator of the character - that'd be Guera.

43 is significant to Latour and Aaron because it's the first time they worked together. That page is probably called out because it's the first time Latour showed his amazing ability to draw old white dudes.

Stop BS'ing to protect your $1 box investments - this book is nothing. Read Scalped instead of people's biased opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-16-NM-1st-PROTOTYPE-EARL-TUBBS-Southern-Bastards-1-Not-43-/111396454795?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19efbf018b

Let's kill this stupid 1st appearance/prototype talk - Scalped 16 is the first appearance of Wooster Karnow, drawn by R.M. Guera. He looks exactly the same in that issue as he does in 43.

How is 43 the first appearance of a 'prototype' character, when he appears 27 issues earlier? Latour isn't even co-creator of the character - that'd be Guera.

43 is significant to Latour and Aaron because it's the first time they worked together. That page is probably called out because it's the first time Latour showed his amazing ability to draw old white dudes.

Stop BS'ing to protect your $1 box investments - this book is nothing. Read Scalped instead of people's biased opinions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scalped-16-NM-1st-PROTOTYPE-EARL-TUBBS-Southern-Bastards-1-Not-43-/111396454795?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item19efbf018b

:facepalm:

It wasn't the rarity I was commenting on, but that they had a good reason to recall it. It's a major title with a crazy racial slur that somehow made it to print without an editor saying "This probably won't fly."

The Rai book is being recalled because the perforation lines for the mask cut off the ears. Who cares.

I was just using your comment as a springboard to point out that recalled books aren't always as rare as rumored. As you state, the Wolverine book was recalled over a legit reason, yet they're still everywhere. I can't imagine the recalled Rai's being quite as rare either. 2c

From my experience, the recalled Elektra "nude" issue was also extremely common (and the change was extremely minor to begin with).

That hasn't been my experience though. Every time I see one in the wild (which is often) it's always the corrected version. (shrug)

From my experience, the recalled Elektra "nude" issue was also extremely common (and the change was extremely minor to begin with).

What about the COA from MCS that says there are only 5k copies?

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1172680&ppid=1122ℑ=676776509&images=676776464,676776509&formats=0,0&format=0

:gossip: The COI is from Lone Star Comics.

Hello all. I'm new here but a regular on the Valiant Fans boards. I can't speak for all Valiant collectors, but personally I'd pick up one of the recalled books if I could get it at cover price, but I have no intention of paying any more for it. Some people might, and it if Valiant's fan base grows, there might be higher demand, but I don't see it for now.

Hello all. I'm new here but a regular on the Valiant Fans boards. I can't speak for all Valiant collectors, but personally I'd pick up one of the recalled books if I could get it at cover price, but I have no intention of paying any more for it. Some people might, and it if Valiant's fan base grows, there might be higher demand, but I don't see it for now.

WTTB ! :hi:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1172680&ppid=1122ℑ=676776509&images=676776464,676776509&formats=0,0&format=0

Lone Star Comics and mycomicshop are one and the same.

Pwned!

....yep I just went there lol

Did not know that. (thumbs u Lone Star always seemed like a reputable bunch. I don't get the same impression from MCS, but since it is largely a consignment shop (on eBay) that doesn't necessarily reflect on them, I guess.