• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I am curious how the new Walking Dead spin off will affect the values of the books. I have long been out of WD, but now I think I should have stayed in longer.

It will definitely have an impact if they use some characters from the comics that haven't appeared on the show yet.

I haven't been following the development very closely, though.

Marvel published more Death of Wolverine 1 variants than most companies publish comics. :roflmao:

What is the official count on the number of variants for this title?

Around the same of most of the recent Image titles :whistle:

Marvel published more Death of Wolverine 1 variants than most companies publish comics. :roflmao:

Midtown is showing 11 Death of Wolverine variant covers (I don't count any of the signed books) and I suspect more than Midtown has released an exclusive for this book.

I know Walking Dead has had a few covers which had a high number of variants. But most of the recent Image titles have? Do you have examples?

Edited by rjrjr

Midtown is showing 11 Death of Wolverine variant covers (I don't count any of the signed books) and I suspect more than Midtown has released an exclusive for this book.

I know Walking Dead has had a few covers which had a high number of variants. But most of the recent Image titles have? Do you have examples?

Wayward had a ton. Between 6 - 8 from what I remember.

If the scan were a little bigger I could see what you bought... lol

Hahaha. Damn. Sorry about that. I find it hard enough to figure out how to post pictures on here, let alone doing it with my iPhone. Didn't realize it was humongous.

hahaha.

I have no idea how to post pics from my phone, so you're doing better than me. (thumbs u

Nailbiter, Deadly Class, Southern Bastards

Spider-man had more variants than Wayward, Nailbiter, Deadly Class, and Southern Bastards combined.

Spider-man had more variants than Wayward, Nailbiter, Deadly Class, and Southern Bastards combined.

While this is true, you can't compare the amount of Spidey fans to those other titles......Spidey will always sell well out of the gate.

True. My thinking was along the lines of the guy who buys a ASM every month probably doesn't buy any more variant copies of each issue than the guy buying Southern Bastards. I think any more than 4 or 5 variants of a book seem to drive down demand for the primary cover AND the variants.

True. My thinking was along the lines of the guy who buys a ASM every month probably doesn't buy any more variant copies of each issue than the guy buying Southern Bastards. I think any more than 4 or 5 variants of a book seem to drive down demand for the primary cover AND the variants.

Publishers love the variants for the money they generate, but it drives completist and collectors mad! :cool:

Publishers love the variants for the money they generate, but it drives completist and collectors mad! :cool:

its getting harder and harder for them to channel stuff them. Eventually the music will stop on the artificial rarity variant game.

its getting harder and harder for them to channel stuff them. Eventually the music will stop on the artificial rarity variant game.

Considering the economics of comics currently, I think that that will coincide with the music stopping for a good portion of the industry

Considering the economics of comics currently, I think that that will coincide with the music stopping for a good portion of the industry

I see nothing wrong with that.

I agree, and with some irony:

The funny part about it is, 30-40 years from now, all the stuff printed during this era will be MUCH harder for people to get a hold of if they want it. High Grades will be much less scarce then earlier eras, but to actually get copies for sale will be much harder than most think.

Speculators can drive bronze and copper stuff to the moon, and there are endless copies of them. Imagine what this thread will be talking about 30 years from now, if people are trying to chase the low(comparatively) print run books of today.

Edited by CBT