• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Hmmm. The last 7 raw ebay sales for Tec880 going back to 3rd week of August average $48 and only because one sold for $63 [the rest 40ish]

It is still very much a $40-50 book. That's up from a $30 book in late July but long way from solid $80 book. Just my .02 from taking a second to look at the sales.

+1 That's what I'm seeing too, if you look at completed sales, not what people want for it.

Keeping in mind that books sell for more at conventions than on ebay for certain books - this book has heated down quite a bit on ebay. Gone are the $80 ebay sales. $100 sold at convention? I've seen one or two - its more of an impulse buy book ATM. Might change if DC decides to issue another shirt.

Sure I could see that. Ebay is certainly not the end all, just easiest to track

Hmmm. The last 7 raw ebay sales for Tec880 going back to 3rd week of August average $48 and only because one sold for $63 [the rest 40ish]

It is still very much a $40-50 book. That's up from a $30 book in late July but long way from solid $80 book. Just my .02 from taking a second to look at the sales.

+1 That's what I'm seeing too, if you look at completed sales, not what people want for it.

Keeping in mind that books sell for more at conventions than on ebay for certain books - this book has heated down quite a bit on ebay. Gone are the $80 ebay sales. $100 sold at convention? I've seen one or two - its more of an impulse buy book ATM. Might change if DC decides to issue another shirt.

Cluttering up things with facts sometimes makes it tough for some to float bs here.

Cluttering up things with facts sometimes makes it tough for some to float bs here.

lol

OK I know that this price isn't exactly setting the world on fire but considering the massive print run I think it might be worth posting here and not because I am sitting on 100 copies in better condition than this one that I will be listing in ten minutes ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Force-2-2nd-Deadpool-Appearance-Wow-VF-Beauty-Key-/331315312294?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4d23ee76a6

X-force #2 is actually breaking the $10-$15 range. So yes it is def heating up

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a $30+ book in the near future. The 1st app. is out of the price range for high grade slabbed copies for most casual collectors/fans IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a $30+ book in the near future. The 1st app. is out of the price range for high grade slabbed copies for most casual collectors/fans IMO.

We have a small stack of these that we can't sell for $5 at the shows we do, and this is to people who drool over our NM #98s. May be time to move them online...

We have a small stack of these that we can't sell for $5 at the shows we do, and this is to people who drool over our NM #98s. May be time to move them online...

Are they in boxes with most of the books or on a wall (where the NM 98s are, I imagine)? It might be interesting to see what happens by making them "wall" books for a show. I think the suggested importance might make people want them more.

Are they in boxes with most of the books or on a wall (where the NM 98s are, I imagine)? It might be interesting to see what happens by making them "wall" books for a show. I think the suggested importance might make people want them more.

They were not only on the wall, but we actively marketed them to kids who showed interest in the NM #98. If I tell that customer "hey, you can get his second appearance for only $5" and they walk away, that usually gives me all the market research I need on a book.

I've had the same experience.

Have Had X-Force #2 at $5 at shows for months, and they just sit.

Might as well sell them online if I can get 10-15.

And then in a few months when people at shows ask where all the X-Force #2s are, I can put their head in a vice.

I wish it was at $10-$15, but other than some bizarro $12.98 sale, it seems to be more like $1-$5. OTOH, it is a solid $50-$60+ in 9.8. It ought not be too hard to fish out a stack of 9.8s of that book.