• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Already sold them when the movie came out. No reason to sit on them.

I hope you made some ok money, I was too lazy to pull them out.

They were $1 bin books for #1 and sold for $20.

Bahahahaha!!!!

Soooooo you'd recommend against that eh? But my credit card has so many pennies!!!

The Xforce and Teen titans were $50 each. I think with a press they could be 9.8 books.

I do buy variants but it's for the art not for resale. And I don't spend crazy amounts on them. I'm gearing down my buying. I told myself that 2014 would be the year I get a lot of keys and 2015 would be a different goal. So next year I'm just sticking to my monthly titles and if I find something o. My list for a good price I'll grab it. I'm pretty happy with the progress I made this year. Super pumped to know what my NM 98 and ASM 272 graded!!!

What are your top 5 most valuable books? And top 5 fav?

So Detective Comics #880 is on fire? eBay is pretty dry right now with all raw copies over $80. Or is my search not working correctly?

Hasn't this one always been hot (shrug)

Don't know that it's been that high, but yes.

I'm with ya. Didn't know they went for that much.

So Detective Comics #880 is on fire? eBay is pretty dry right now with all raw copies over $80. Or is my search not working correctly?

They've always been hot, but my last sale for #880 was May for $35. They're double now.

They've always been hot, but my last sale for #880 was May for $35. They're double now.
tumblr_mqrpg0sHHo1ryvq99o1_400.gif

Variant covers are so overdone.

#overit.

I agree for the most part. I'm pretty selective with the ones I get since there are so many. It's both a blessing (due to the great artwork) and a curse (due to the amount made -- especially with Marvel's current method of pimping out #1s with a minimum of 4 variants). Some are the price of a classic key, which is ridiculous. But that just my 2c

I am still blown away by the prices Greg Horn was getting for his slabbed Gamestop variants with his and Lee's sig and a quick sketch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-9-8-GAME-STOP-SIGNED-SKETCHED-BY-GREG-HORN-STAN-LEE-NR-/321443785853?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ad78aec7d&nma=true&si=LAPHHcRad1Kp%252BtuMrQDJVRkWXow%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-of-Wolverine-1-CGC-9-8-REMARKED-edition-GAMESTOP-variant-by-GREG-HORN-/361033466606?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item540f4582ee&nma=true&si=LAPHHcRad1Kp%252BtuMrQDJVRkWXow%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

just wow...

Insane

5k can go towards an amazing fantasy 15 :makepoint:

Variant covers are so overdone.

#overit.

I agree for the most part. I'm pretty selective with the ones I get since there are so many. It's both a blessing (due to the great artwork) and a curse (due to the amount made -- especially with Marvel's current method of pimping out #1s with a minimum of 4 variants). Some are the price of a classic key, which is ridiculous. But that just my 2c

I am still blown away by the prices Greg Horn was getting for his slabbed Gamestop variants with his and Lee's sig and a quick sketch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-1-CGC-9-8-GAME-STOP-SIGNED-SKETCHED-BY-GREG-HORN-STAN-LEE-NR-/321443785853?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4ad78aec7d&nma=true&si=LAPHHcRad1Kp%252BtuMrQDJVRkWXow%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Death-of-Wolverine-1-CGC-9-8-REMARKED-edition-GAMESTOP-variant-by-GREG-HORN-/361033466606?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item540f4582ee&nma=true&si=LAPHHcRad1Kp%252BtuMrQDJVRkWXow%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

just wow...

Insane

5k can go towards an amazing fantasy 15 :makepoint:

Whoa :o

That's redonk.

Wonder if the success of AoS#14 has anything to do with it?

Hmmm. The last 7 raw ebay sales for Tec880 going back to 3rd week of August average $48 and only because one sold for $63 [the rest 40ish]

It is still very much a $40-50 book. That's up from a $30 book in late July but long way from solid $80 book. Just my .02 from taking a second to look at the sales.

Hmmm. The last 7 raw ebay sales for Tec880 going back to 3rd week of August average $48 and only because one sold for $63 [the rest 40ish]

It is still very much a $40-50 book. That's up from a $30 book in late July but long way from solid $80 book. Just my .02 from taking a second to look at the sales.

+1 That's what I'm seeing too, if you look at completed sales, not what people want for it.

+1 That's what I'm seeing too, if you look at completed sales, not what people want for it.

Keeping in mind that books sell for more at conventions than on ebay for certain books - this book has heated down quite a bit on ebay. Gone are the $80 ebay sales. $100 sold at convention? I've seen one or two - its more of an impulse buy book ATM. Might change if DC decides to issue another shirt.