• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Heres how its going to happen,

Civil war stuff is happening in Captain America, New York is in riot stages and out of no where pops this kid in a spider-man outfit.

He's like "hey guys, I'm your friendly neighbourhood spider-man"

There is no reason for him to take off his mask, there is no reason to reveal if its Peter Parker or Miles.

Black spiderman? White Spider-Man? HE'S JUST GOING TO BE SPIDER-MAN!

There is no reason for him to take off his mask, there is no reason to reveal if its Peter Parker or Miles.

Spider-Man unmasking himself to the public was a major part of Civil War. I'd argue it's the only real reason you'd even need him in the movie.

+1

That is how I see it. Everybody knows who Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are but Spidey's secret identity is more important to his character. He doesn't have a weapons manufacturer, S.H.I.E.L.D., or the US military having his back. Nope, its him against the world and his decision for the big reveal in Civil War #2 caused the biggest split between Cap and Iron Man IIRC. I think his secret being revealed IS Civil War. 2c

I still have a doubt that Civil War will have much anything to do with identities and more to do with being under government supervision. If it's even about that. It might be about making superhumans illegal entirely the way the Ultimate titles made being a mutant illegal. Similar premise, different story. And Spidey gets outed after getting captured still trying to do superheroics after the ban goes into effect.

Miles won't be in the movies, at least not just yet. They are looking into having PP be in high school again, and have already started looking. Front runner is Logan Lerman from "Fury" and "Percy Jackson". Miles basically has no interaction with the 616 Avengers, wasn't part of the Civil War storyline, and the studios will keep it that way. I'm Hispanic, all for diversity, but I think it would be a stupid idea to not have Spidey be PP.

Yes, but that doesn't require public knowledge of those identities the way Civil War (comic) made it out to be. The movie might treat it more like covert operatives in the intelligence industry. They know the names/jobs. The public doesn't. The comic turned it into an issue where the public & government knew the names.

Edited by Doktor

I'm expecting the public to be involved. S.H.I.E.L.D has eyes and ears everywhere. The bad guys finding out who the heroes are is why it is so dangerous. Fighting the government would just make it a legal issue. No threat to the heroes families or their friends. It just make more sense to me that villains knowing their ID's would be worth fighting for in the story. 2c

All the Avengers identities are known in the movie universe, arent they?

Most in the movie universe as well as in the comics but the Avengers make up such a small portion of the cape population, that wasn't the story in comics. Everybody knew Cap and Iron Man in Civil War. I guess anything is possible but Civil War was about revealing the identity of every cape. I'm sticking with Civil War #2 as the book to have until something in the movies says different. I'm glad Spidey is in it either way. :banana: