• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

That's because it's a majority of speculators buying it back and forth from each other. I notice this a lot at shows when I do them. The speculator books rarely sell. My biggest sellers are always Harley and Deadpool themed books. The last show I did also had a lot of demand for Rat Queens.

Rat Queens has been a little off the radar recently because of the long delay between issues caused by Roc Upchurch's departure from the book. But with the series getting on a monthly schedule now, I expect the buzz to start building up again.

Personally I thought the domestic abuse charge really hurt the book. Id like to see print runs over the next couple of months to see how bad. Its got a large female base.

Rat Queens sales over 15,000. Thats a great sign for the book imo. (thumbs u

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/30825/top-300-comics-actual-january-2015

Issue #8 was the last regular issue in the series prior to the special. It sold just under 15,000. I think the book is in good shape despite the press of happenings away from the book itself. 2c

Edited by The Authority

That's because it's a majority of speculators buying it back and forth from each other. I notice this a lot at shows when I do them. The speculator books rarely sell. My biggest sellers are always Harley and Deadpool themed books. The last show I did also had a lot of demand for Rat Queens.

Rat Queens has been a little off the radar recently because of the long delay between issues caused by Roc Upchurch's departure from the book. But with the series getting on a monthly schedule now, I expect the buzz to start building up again.

Personally I thought the domestic abuse charge really hurt the book. Id like to see print runs over the next couple of months to see how bad. Its got a large female base.

I could be wrong, but I think most fans are going to stick with it. Kurtis is really active with the Rat Queens fan community and I think that his quick action to address this and remove Roc from the book was appreciated by most.

It wouldn't surprise me if the numbers were down a little because of the long delay. But I think it will pick back up once the second trade hits and momentum starts going again.

I agree it was in his best interest to do so quickly. The next few months should tell. It does look positive for the book.

Liefeld was the next McFarlane (!!!!)

It was hard not to get caught up in all the excitement, even for those of us who weren't kids when it came out (and thus, aren't blinded, at least partly, by childhood nostalgia.)

But there's nothing wrong with honest critique, and some folks go completely off the rails...I mean bate insane...when you dare criticize their childhood memories...which is completely silly (see: Liefeld discussions in OA.)

"Time Bandits" makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, is a terrible, terrible movie...and I love it to pieces, because it came out when I was 9 years old.

"ROM" is not high art...but #47 is the sole and only issue I remember from my childhood, and thus is the greatest comic book ever published.*

* Potentially exaggerated due to nostalgic myopia.

I understand nostalgia...it's valuable...but part of growing up is learning how to put those things in perspective, and not clinging to them for dear life, recognizing them for the value they had to you at the time, but not letting yourself get sucked into a rose-tinted glasses view of your past.

:cloud9:

OK, after all of this, you have to tell me why you consider "Time Bandits" a bad movie. Maybe via PM, as it has nothing to do with "Moderns getting hot on eBay"… lol

it was a great movie when one was 9 or 10 or 12 or whenever in the early 80s when it came out. it is probably unwatcheable as a 40something now. next time it is on TV I will sit down with my 9 year old and watch it and see if he enjoys it.

How about Avengers vol 1 #316? This is where Spider-man officially becomes an Avenger!

Did I miss some news about Spidey joining the Avengers? I thought that Marvel was going to use the character in their movies and help produce the next Spidey film?

it was a great movie when one was 9 or 10 or 12 or whenever in the early 80s when it came out. it is probably unwatcheable as a 40something now. next time it is on TV I will sit down with my 9 year old and watch it and see if he enjoys it.

It is not unwatcheable at all. I think I saw it as an adult, and appreciated it a lot, and then I watched it recently. It is very strange even for a Terry Gilliam movie, but it is structured as much as mysterious.

I am really fond of the Black Hole too, that I am sure I saw as an adult and not at the time. The Black Hole has weaknesses but it is a very original movie too.

OK, this has nothing to do with "Moderns getting hot", but again not that it’s my favorite topic… lol

I just passed to see if someone has a Fantastic Four #642 to send me… I restarted buying the FF and did not like much the idea of paying 10-12 dollars for it (plus shipping)… :P

How about Avengers vol 1 #316? This is where Spider-man officially becomes an Avenger!

Did I miss some news about Spidey joining the Avengers? I thought that Marvel was going to use the character in their movies and help produce the next Spidey film?

I heard he'll be in the Avengers movie after this next one.

Wishfully connecting the dots.

Ahhh...... I wouldnt put it past Sony to break away from Marvel once they kick start the franchise again. If you really want to get crazy start following the dots to Secret Invasion...........

Ahhh...... I wouldnt put it past Sony to break away from Marvel once they kick start the franchise again. If you really want to get crazy start following the dots to Secret Invasion...........

For Marvel? I don't think that's crazy at all for the first Inhumans movie.

Well, somebody doesn't think it's too crazy. All the copies are gone from ebay, and there were more than 10 this morning when I first read this (regarding Avengers 316).

Jay

Dont worry they will be back soon at $25.