• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

Only scenario I see a small uptick in the frozen books is if the super Frozen fans, mainly parents hear the kids bugging them for one and they look on ebay. That may take a while but being the movie in a one shot comic doesn't bode well. I'd guess many people are all Frozen out.

I picked up a few, worse case scenario I will have nice Frozen comics to put in my daughters birthday party goodie bags.

you have no idea how many strange adultish type people are frozen fans -- the frozen cosplay going on at NYCC was creepy.

And Disney will more than likely make dvd sequel releases for years to feed the frozen habit too. 2c

I need to invest in Disney stock

Wow! $112 for the full 1-7 run!

Timing.

Is.

Everything.

(and condition of course ;) )

Quick question, gang. With the upcoming Outcast show this may merit some discussion. WD 127 came out 1 month before Outcast #1. It contains a 3 page intro where Kyle Barnes is fully pictured, called by his first name and at the end of the prologue the statement is made that the story continues in Outcast #1 next month. Outcast #1 is listed as the first appearance and I'm sure the character is explored in much greater detail. Any thoughts on this either way?

Quick question, gang. With the upcoming Outcast show this may merit some discussion. WD 127 came out 1 month before Outcast #1. It contains a 3 page intro where Kyle Barnes is fully pictured, called by his first name and at the end of the prologue the statement is made that the story continues in Outcast #1 next month. Outcast #1 is listed as the first appearance and I'm sure the character is explored in much greater detail. Any thoughts on this either way?

Lots of talk about this in the Outcast thread. I think the consensus is that its a neat novelty but not a 1st appearance in the traditional sense. I personally think it may have value because of the new characters it introduced into the Walking Dead. Kirkman plays the long game and while Bernie didn't last long, Magna seems to be a potential major cog in the machine.

Lots of talk about this in the Outcast thread. I think the consensus is that its a neat novelty but not a 1st appearance in the traditional sense. I personally think it may have value because of the new characters it introduced into the Walking Dead. Kirkman plays the long game and while Bernie didn't last long, Magna seems to be a potential major cog in the machine.

+1 - 1st appearance of Magna will be the long term reason for WD #127 to go up.

That being said, I will be labelling WD #127 as 1st Magna and Outcast Preview for conventions this year........ lol

+1 - 1st appearance of Magna will be the long term reason for WD #127 to go up.

That being said, I will be labelling WD #127 as 1st Magna and Outcast Preview for conventions this year........ lol

(thumbs u

Isn't there the exact same thing for walking dead #1 that no one cares about?

Man, I can't find digital copies of either book anywhere. Anyone feel like posting a scan of the panels of the WD preview from either book in the name of research?

NVM. Found it.

Both these issues preview the first 5 pages of WD 1. I believe WD 127 is an original, 3 page prologue different from what appears in Outcast #1. Does/should this make a difference?

Edited by blazincomics

I believe the WD preview is just the first few pages of issue 1 (definitely not original content).

IMO, much different than "prequel" pages that are not included in the first issue.

Revival preview in the Image FCBD special was a prequel to #1, and even when Revival was hot, nobody cared all that much

The Rat Queens preview in "What's Next" was originally intended to be the first 5 pages of issue 1, but then the -script was tweaked and these five pages were removed. As such, those five pages are essentially the first true appearance of the Queens, and as far as I know those five pages have not yet been reprinted. IMO, that's a book to keep an eye on.