• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Only Uncle Ben, Mar-Vell and Bruce Wayne's parents stayed dead. Bucky and Jason Todd used to be a part of that "rule"

The Winter Soldier stuff brought Bucky back in a pretty cool way. We cannot say that for most characters who return from the grave.

I totally agree with that. Bucky's return had to be done in a flawless way, not many writers could've pulled it off.

I think more writers could if editors would leave them alone.

Maybe, but Brubaker is a special kind of talent that can put out quality work even if he has editors hovering over.

Nothing against Brubaker - I'm a huge fan of his. My comment wasn't intended as a slight against him, but more as a knock against Big Two editorial control and interference.

You're right, the creativity does get stifled often in those situations. The Big Two have decades-old brands to protect, so I understand why the editors are strict when it comes to creative license. I just don't think they do their jobs well...most of the time.

You and I are in agreement on this my friend - I understand why they're there, I understand the need to protect and steer the IP, but at the same time :pullhair:

Sorry for the long quote, but since I thought bringing back Bucky after 70 years was just a very bad idea, all considered, and since I am not particularly convinced by Brubaker as a Marvel writer, which Cap modern issues would you recommend to start with if one has to gain a balanced opinion? hm

I am not particularly tied to a specific Captain America period, I love the character but I also think it’s one of the most difficult to write, together with the Fantastic Four (which I love).

Which one? It seems there has been a number of ever-restarting series written by Brubaker… hm

BTW, before that, I have just read the story arc "Powerless" (drawn by Alan Davis) and was not much convinced, although I found Brubaker a lot better than the average choice of writers of the Quesada/Bendis management.

Which one? It seems there has been a number of ever-restarting series written by Brubaker… hm

BTW, before that, I have just read the story arc "Powerless" (drawn by Alan Davis) and was not much convinced, although I found Brubaker a lot better than the average choice of writers of the Quesada/Bendis management.

Volume 5 #'s 1-25 is my recommendation. (thumbs u

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

Your assumption is incorrect ......

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

1. Why are you a member of the google plus groups if you hate it so much?

2. What is the name you use on google+, I want to make sure I'm not following you.

Because despite the idiocy of the owner, plenty of good information gets posted there and 98% of the users seem like perfectly fine individuals? Also not a member there.

Speaking of the owner, I point out that he was monetarily invested in TMNT 44, which he denied and now I've been made aware that he put a bounty on my personal information? This falls somewhere between being creepy and scary. Its also pathetic.

K6BWNe7.jpg

I'd wager this season ends with No Way Out, and then next season covers the "A Larger World" Arc with either the season or mid-season finale being Negan next season.

Too logical for an Internet chat forum.

Great run, gets kind of weird after that like it was heading towards being an Invaders book but not really.

I'd wager this season ends with No Way Out, and then next season covers the "A Larger World" Arc with either the season or mid-season finale being Negan next season.

Too logical for an Internet chat forum.

Great run, gets kind of weird after that like it was heading towards being an Invaders book but not really.

I love me some psycho 50's Cap and Brubaker did it great!

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

2. What is the name you use on google+, I want to make sure I'm not following you.

Because despite the idiocy of the owner, plenty of good information gets posted there and 98% of the users seem like perfectly fine individuals? Also not a member there.

Speaking of the owner, I point out that he was monetarily invested in TMNT 44, which he denied and now I've been made aware that he put a bounty on my personal information? This falls somewhere between being creepy and scary. Its also pathetic.

K6BWNe7.jpg

:popcorn:

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

K6BWNe7.jpg

Something like this happened when that group first started up. The original beef was with Jimmy. Not sure if things got worked out...

Link

Well its been over 60 hrs and TMNT 44 still selling like hot cakes.

Wheres that dude that said this was a 24 hour pump and dump?

Right here.

Was doing my LCS dollar bin diving this afternoon, a couple of guys ask the owner for TMNT 44, he said he'll have the 2nd print in, then tells them "you know he's not dead, right?". They didn't know, and I'm sure that tons of people buying the "hotcakes" don't know either. Hey, what the uninformed throw their money away on isn't my problem