• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Well its been over 60 hrs and TMNT 44 still selling like hot cakes.

Wheres that dude that said this was a 24 hour pump and dump?

Yeah, I'm sure he meant that literally... :insane:

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

This will be an iconic panel forever in my opinion. $700 was a steal.

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

Your assumption is incorrect ......

No, I would believe its pretty accurate.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

1. Why are you a member of the google plus groups if you hate it so much?

2. What is the name you use on google+, I want to make sure I'm not following you.

Because despite the idiocy of the owner, plenty of good information gets posted there and 98% of the users seem like perfectly fine individuals? Also not a member there.

Speaking of the owner, I point out that he was monetarily invested in TMNT 44, which he denied and now I've been made aware that he put a bounty on my personal information? This falls somewhere between being creepy and scary. Its also pathetic.

K6BWNe7.jpg

Something like this happened when that group first started up. The original beef was with Jimmy. Not sure if things got worked out...

Link

I'd also pay money to anyone willing to give me your Google plus name.

The post you posted you can only see if you're a member.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking if you're going to talk massively negative about them you don't deserve to be there.

Why does it matter what your real name is...?

And yes, it is a tad disturbing.

They want to ban him from the groups and the charity give aways.

It's not that disturbing when you look at what he says about the groups.

When I did a eBay search of " saga 4 " , that listing was the first to come up.

sometimes I think that has something to do with prices being higher on some auctions.

People are lazy and just bid/buy the first one they see.

Ha! Something told me to hold off on buying it. Sucks to be those people who paid $100+.

Really sucks for whoever shelled out $700 for the final splash page of original art. Good for Cory Smith, though.

I completely disagree, no matter what happens in future issues he DIED in this issue. It was confirmed by the character Angel Bridge in the dialogue, not to mention every single news outlet that has printed a story about the events. Turtles die in real life when their shells are compromised, and that's exactly what Bebop and Rocksteady did to Donny. Will a serum/mutagen/ooze bring him back?..... probably.

Wolverine will be back, but that doesn't mean he didn't die in Death of Wolverine 4

Except in the preview art for the future issue posted by Adonis the dialogue reads "he very nearly lost his life"

It would appear that you have some amount of money tied up into this and are desperately clinging to the idea that he is dead.

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

2. What is the name you use on google+, I want to make sure I'm not following you.

Because despite the idiocy of the owner, plenty of good information gets posted there and 98% of the users seem like perfectly fine individuals? Also not a member there.

Speaking of the owner, I point out that he was monetarily invested in TMNT 44, which he denied and now I've been made aware that he put a bounty on my personal information? This falls somewhere between being creepy and scary. Its also pathetic.

K6BWNe7.jpg

Something like this happened when that group first started up. The original beef was with Jimmy. Not sure if things got worked out...

Link

Considering Jimmy's earlier comment on regards to also onquiring about Darkstar, it's not too hard to figure out.

TMNT 44 is hot because IGN, EW and the likes had coverage of the book. The book got major press. I havent read any press release article which indicated that he is gonna die, nor was the book dubbed - the death of Donatello, nor was it bagged in black. They all suggested that he MAY die, but no one was duped!

The reason why this book sold and still is selling so well is because it got alot of press.

What followed was a barrage of bloggers informing everyone that Donatello got clipped..

And then obviously everyone on eBay followed suit.

I dont think anyone is misinformed.. and I dont see prices of the book dropping

This will go down in price just like any other hot book does when it stops being cool. But at this point I suspect that most of those who thought donatello is dead already know that donatello is not dead

NWRGck2.jpg

You were saying?

K6BWNe7.jpg

Link

Considering Jimmy's earlier comment on regards to also onquiring about Darkstar, it's not too hard to figure out.

I'm going to take a shot at translating whatever you said here... "everything got worked out." How'd I do?

TMNT 44 is hot because IGN, EW and the likes had coverage of the book. The book got major press. I havent read any press release article which indicated that he is gonna die, nor was the book dubbed - the death of Donatello, nor was it bagged in black. They all suggested that he MAY die, but no one was duped!

The reason why this book sold and still is selling so well is because it got alot of press.

What followed was a barrage of bloggers informing everyone that Donatello got clipped..

This will go down in price just like any other hot book does when it stops being cool. But at this point I suspect that most of those who thought donatello is dead already know that donatello is not dead

It got a lot of press because people still went with the misinformation to keep the flip going. Honestly as a seller I would have corrected any heading and information going out as soon as I knew the book is not the death of Don immediately. An honest seller is better than a liar IMO.

Yeah, sorry.

See the above post from awakeintheashes.

Thanks to both! (thumbs u

I understand it’s a question going against the reason for this thread, but is there a way to get the issues which have "heatened up" for cheap? lol

Your best bet is probably the TPBs

Captain America: Winter Soldier Volume 1 (#1-7)

Captain America: Winter Soldier Volume 2 (#8-9 & 11-14)

Captain America: Red Menace Volume 1 (#15-17 and Captain America 65th Anniversary Special)

Captain America: Red Menace Volume 2 (#18-21)

Civil War: Captain America (#22-24 and Winter Soldier: Winter Kills)

Captain America: The Death of Captain America Volume 1: The Death of the Dream (#25-30)

It got a lot of press because people still went with the misinformation to keep the flip going. Honestly as a seller I would have corrected any heading and information going out as soon as I knew the book is not the death of Don immediately. An honest seller is better than a liar IMO.

Good God..

This is the CGC forum, right?

( Opportunistic scumbags looking to turn a quick profit off the uninformed? )

Jebus...

Edited by LarrysComics

An honest seller lists the item as is with no bs about it