• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

TMNT 44 is hot because IGN, EW and the likes had coverage of the book. The book got major press. I havent read any press release article which indicated that he is gonna die, nor was the book dubbed - the death of Donatello, nor was it bagged in black. They all suggested that he MAY die, but no one was duped!

The reason why this book sold and still is selling so well is because it got alot of press.

What followed was a barrage of bloggers informing everyone that Donatello got clipped..

And then obviously everyone on eBay followed suit.

I dont think anyone is misinformed.. and I dont see prices of the book dropping

This will go down in price just like any other hot book does when it stops being cool. But at this point I suspect that most of those who thought donatello is dead already know that donatello is not dead

It got a lot of press because people still went with the misinformation to keep the flip going. Honestly as a seller I would have corrected any heading and information going out as soon as I knew the book is not the death of Don immediately. An honest seller is better than a liar IMO.

Good God..

This is the CGC forum, right?

( Opportunistic scumbags looking to turn a quick profit off the uninformed? )

Jebus...

The last few I sold were to people who have been in the game for a while ( high number feedbacks )....I think people have it a little wrong, mixing up symptoms for the causes....

A comic is hot because it's limited and everyone is talking about it...We talk about a death a first appearance etc... But it's the Talking that makes it hot, people want to see for themselves, have it for themselves. It does not matter if it's an event that can be written in overstreet.... it matters if there's buzz...So as long as Donatello's mortality is the subject of scrutiny and conversation...

I take for example...

what happened in the latest futures end...

It's a pretty big deal, but there is really no value increase right now...cause no one is talking about it...

Sorry to disrupt the discussion – just a last question about the modern Cap books:

Valiant,

See awakeintheashes previous two posts.

lol

Thanks both – I don’t like trade papaerbacks, even if I have just to read the books I always try to track down the originals: which are the Brubaker Caps which have gained more popularity as "collectibles" and should be on the lookout for, not to spend excessively? :)

Got a bunch of WD 100 2nd prints for $5 each today. :)

Glad I could help. I think the 3rd print is still a little undervalued as well.

I have been buying the 100 for the past few months now. I think I have hoarded 30 already :grin:

which 100? there's like 8million covers

Probably the full negan reveal covers

Edited by krighton

Sorry to disrupt the discussion – just a last question about the modern Cap books:

Valiant,

See awakeintheashes previous two posts.

lol

Thanks both – I don’t like trade papaerbacks, even if I have just to read the books I always try to track down the originals: which are the Brubaker Caps which have gained more popularity as "collectibles" and should be on the lookout for, not to spend excessively? :)

6's, 14, 25's, for sure.

I don't think the others will be too bad, except maybe for 1.

14 will be the most difficult to find, in my opinion.

Edited by vikingreed

I take for example...

what happened in the latest futures end...

It's a pretty big deal, but there is really no value increase right now...cause no one is talking about it...

Isnt that book an alt world/reality?

If so, thats probably why.

Batman incorporated issue where robin dies sold pretty good, main universe. TMNT 44, main universe, not a dimension/alt world.

At this point the book is selling because of all the buzz now.

Edited by Santos208

Some people come here just to be negative, and honestly I'm not used to it yet.

And some people come here just to post false and/or misleading information just to make some money.

Can someone attach a negative Nancy picture for me? Thanks

TMNT 44 is hot because IGN, EW and the likes had coverage of the book. The book got major press. I havent read any press release article which indicated that he is gonna die, nor was the book dubbed - the death of Donatello, nor was it bagged in black. They all suggested that he MAY die, but no one was duped!

The reason why this book sold and still is selling so well is because it got alot of press.

What followed was a barrage of bloggers informing everyone that Donatello got clipped..

This will go down in price just like any other hot book does when it stops being cool. But at this point I suspect that most of those who thought donatello is dead already know that donatello is not dead

It got a lot of press because people still went with the misinformation to keep the flip going. Honestly as a seller I would have corrected any heading and information going out as soon as I knew the book is not the death of Don immediately. An honest seller is better than a liar IMO.

Good God..

Jebus...

The last few I sold were to people who have been in the game for a while ( high number feedbacks )....I think people have it a little wrong, mixing up symptoms for the causes....

A comic is hot because it's limited and everyone is talking about it...We talk about a death a first appearance etc... But it's the Talking that makes it hot, people want to see for themselves, have it for themselves. It does not matter if it's an event that can be written in overstreet.... it matters if there's buzz...So as long as Donatello's mortality is the subject of scrutiny and conversation...

Yup.. That was my point exactly, only youre missing the wide press coverage that caused that buzz.. That type of PR for a book is very rare.. EW coverage alone prolly got thousands of interested parties

And some people come here just to post false and/or misleading information just to make some money.

If they did you would fail to give them credit and then pass it off everywhere as your own.

Good God..

Jebus...

Yup.. That was my point exactly, only youre missing the wide press coverage that caused that buzz.. That type of PR for a book is very rare.. EW coverage alone prolly got thousands of interested parties

So let me get this straight a almost death issue is now a key? lol

16275962323_364aa06d6b_n.jpg

16275962323_364aa06d6b_n.jpg

Hail Satan.