• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I grabbed 3 Kanan 1's from BAM, I don't feel bad owning almost any Marvel SW at this point.

I agree. I'm curious if the older, and newer for that matter, Dark Horse books pick up any steam as the movie gets closer or does the overall market just dismiss them. I was a fan of many of them but few brought much in the way of investment.

His EXISTENCE as a gay person is reflecting the REALITY (not "unlikeliness") that, um, some people are gay. If you can accept the unlikeliness of a dude turning to ice, with a little work you can probably accept the unlikeliness of a dude turning to other dudes.

The talking point is the fact this character has been well established for 50+ years. As vaillant said, it's poor storytelling. Develop a new character.

No, the character's been revised a million ways over 50 years. And every few years the writers re-examine these characters for the times in which they're NOW being written. Do you really want Bobby written as if this were still the early '60s? No. Except when it comes to his sexuality. Wonder why that is.

Cheap shot. Give it a rest.

Moot point, with Revat's clarification. But, there are certain things about people that don't change. I believe sexual orientation to be one of them. I believe gay people are aware of their orientation from the get go (can any of the gay board members chime in).

Not a cheap shot. Genuine curiosity. If your explanation is that "certain things" don't change (which, btw, no basis in reality) then tell us all the other things you've objected to equally when they changed over the past decades. And if it's just homosexuality you have a problem with a writer changing, maybe you should wonder why, too.

Oh. OK. You've misread my position.

In general, I object to the types of stories that are inconsistent with established character or storylines. In fact, the ones I've objected most to are in the Spider-Man universe. Stories like 'Sins of the Past' or the cocoon story, where Spidey emerged with spikes that come out of his wrists, are an absolute joke. Those, I actually object to more.

The fact that this story is about the 16 year old Bobby, is somewhat consistent, as dane described earlier.

also in my experience there shipping has been great. I order 10 copies at a time, all in great, not able to complain about, condition.

How is Canadian shipping cost? Are they sent boxed?

also in my experience there shipping has been great. I order 10 copies at a time, all in great, not able to complain about, condition.

How is Canadian shipping cost? Are they sent boxed?

Sent in a box. Reasonable prices for shipping. Under 25 for 10

His EXISTENCE as a gay person is reflecting the REALITY (not "unlikeliness") that, um, some people are gay. If you can accept the unlikeliness of a dude turning to ice, with a little work you can probably accept the unlikeliness of a dude turning to other dudes.

The talking point is the fact this character has been well established for 50+ years. As vaillant said, it's poor storytelling. Develop a new character.

No, the character's been revised a million ways over 50 years. And every few years the writers re-examine these characters for the times in which they're NOW being written. Do you really want Bobby written as if this were still the early '60s? No. Except when it comes to his sexuality. Wonder why that is.

Moot point, with Revat's clarification. But, there are certain things about people that don't change. I believe sexual orientation to be one of them. I believe gay people are aware of their orientation from the get go (can any of the gay board members chime in).

I believe that when tomorrow's news break about Bruce Jenner you'd rethink that statement (thumbs u

I believe that when tomorrow's news break about Bruce Jenner you'd rethink that statement (thumbs u

Not at all. Jenner has stated that he has always felt the way he does about himself. He was always uncomfortable with his gender identity.

Let me put it to you this way: have you ever considered switching your sexual orientation? Ever considered gender reassignment, as Jenner has? Anyone here?

Can you chip in again, dane? Have you ever met any other gay people who didn't always know the truth inside? Ever met anyone who said 'gee, you know, my life wasn't going so well, so I decided to change my sexual orientation'?

Ever considered gender reassignment, as Jenner has? Anyone here?

No, other than the usual curiosity of "I wonder what it would be like to be a woman?" day dreaming.

I'm quite happy being a man, and wouldn't change that for anything (if, indeed, such a thing is possible beyond cosmetic considerations.)

As the song (sorta) goes.."I enjoy being a boy!"

Gender reassignment and being a gay male are very different things.

Oh. OK. You've misread my position.

In general, I object to the types of stories that are inconsistent with established character or storylines. In fact, the ones I've objected most to are in the Spider-Man universe. Stories like 'Sins of the Past' or the cocoon story, where Spidey emerged with spikes that come out of his wrists, are an absolute joke. Those, I actually object to more.

The fact that this story is about the 16 year old Bobby, is somewhat consistent, as dane described earlier.

Sins of the Past is the best Spidey story arc since the 80s IMHO. :baiting:

If I were writing EoSV, Spider-Gwen = the love child of Gwen and the Goblin.

normanosborngwenstacy_zps8303bd10.jpg

Not at all. Jenner has stated that he has always felt the way he does about himself. He was always uncomfortable with his gender identity...

Has he really? I dont know the whole story, just saw this in the news and thought about your comments.. See these boards are getting to my head and thats not a good thing lol

I do follow 2 of his daughters on twitter though ;)

Not at all. Jenner has stated that he has always felt the way he does about himself. He was always uncomfortable with his gender identity.

Let me put it to you this way: have you ever considered switching your sexual orientation? Ever considered gender reassignment, as Jenner has? Anyone here?

Can you chip in again, dane? Have you ever met any other gay people who didn't always know the truth inside? Ever met anyone who said 'gee, you know, my life wasn't going so well, so I decided to change my sexual orientation'?

I expect most will say that the orientation is not a choice. But I also know there are people out there who have not so much chosen an orientation but developed feelings for someone of an unexpected gender. And some people can choose to explore those feelings and admit things to themselves , or not. This can happen to people who are both gay or straight. And the effects and results will be unique to each person

Agreed. A good article about it HERE

Sexual preferences is not always black or white.. A lot of shades of gray..

Agreed. A good article about it HERE

Sexual preferences is not always black or white.. A lot of shades of gray..

Indeed.

Next topic...

So Jean Grey can now determine gay thoughts from anyone? Really bad storytelling on Bendis' part. He has turned into such a hack.

FTFY. and Yeah, apparently no secrets. She even sees (mentally) that Scott had a change of heart about her.

I believe gay people are aware of their orientation from the get go (can any of the gay board members chime in).

I'm queer - And I was born that way - but I was 28 when I realized which kind of queer, and that there was a label for it, and there were other people like me. I wasn't repressing anything - I had just never heard of Asexuality.

Our public understanding of what it means to be "Gay" has changed dramatically in the past 50 years. Lots of people in 1963 would and did not identify as "gay" because they A. weren't aware there was such a thing. or B. Their awareness of what it meant to be "gay" didn't resonate with what they were feeling, and/or C. If they accepted they were such a thing, they would be fired from their job, disowned by their family, arrested by the police, or ruined completely. I assure you that LOTS of 18 year olds who would come out today, would not/did not come out 50 years ago.

And now: back to which Moderns are Heating up on eBay*

*fun inside joke for long time thread readers, since only like 5% of the posts in here are ever on topic.

Here are some on-topic links from MCS that caught my eye:

Constantine (2013) #1 NM- 9.2 SOLD $58 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28307573

Serenity (2007) DVD booklet VF 8.0 SOLD $56.95 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28578023

Silk #1A CGC 9.9 SOLD $499.99 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28778636

Suicide Squad (1987 yeah yeah it's Copper) #1 FN+ 6.5 SOLD $33 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28452707

Batman (2011) #1 VF 8.0 SOLD $95 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28974938

Deadpool (1997) #2 VF/NM 9.0 SOLD $55 http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=28875221