• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I usually hate to point to FCBD stuff, since having speculators rush in and take the books kind of defeats the purpose of the event.

However, there is an Attack on Titan book in the mix, which may be the first Attack on Titan story published in the western comic style. I could be wrong, but I haven't ever seen any others.

On the negative side, I believe it's just a reprint of a part from the existing Manga.

I was thinking this same thing. I posted it in the FCBD thread.

I've never read or seen anything to do with this universe, but it is super popular.

This has been the dumbest 6 pages of this topic I have ever read. Star Wars #4 Boba Fett action figure cover started shipping by artist today. I got some IMAX 3D tickets yesterday for Avengers, May 1 at 430, there were about 10 seats alreay sold. I don't know if this is good or bad. Opening night was about two-thirds sold out already I would say.

why don't books-a-million variants sell? I don't think the print runs are too big but they're still in stock for all of them. Descender 1, Star Wars 4, Darth Vader 4, Kanan #1. Not much interest.

anyone have a guess as to when the Star Wars 4 action figure Boba Fett cover that is being cbcs graded would ship?

waste of time/money getting it cbcs graded...might as well drop it in a shredder.

I hear what you are saying, but I picked up 4 raw and four graded from the artist's site. Only reason for cbcs, forgot where I was for a minute! still strong on eBay. The graded ones were $50 or 55 each, I think I'll get some profit out of it.

why don't books-a-million variants sell? I don't think the print runs are too big but they're still in stock for all of them. Descender 1, Star Wars 4, Darth Vader 4, Kanan #1. Not much interest.

I'm kind of surprised by this, as well... they're not that extravagantly priced, and most of them even sell for cover price that I've seen. The only ones I've seen really fly off the shelves have been the Star Wars #1 variants. However, the 2nC Valiant exclusive covers seem to be selling well enough.

I have to say, I was very skeptic about the performance of this book, and still am to an extent, but seeing them selling for $80-100 after the hype has settled, is actually impressive. I do hope for those who purchased, that these prices last and maybe even grow.

agree 100%, I hope they last and grow also.

I'm kind of surprised by this, as well... they're not that extravagantly priced, and most of them even sell for cover price that I've seen. The only ones I've seen really fly off the shelves have been the Star Wars #1 variants. However, the 2nC Valiant exclusive covers seem to be selling well enough.

They sell okay I think they will sell better as time goes on. Print runs are small and BAM stores aren't all over the place. Its not a premium variant, but it will do well over time with popular books. Cant lose with SW.

the bam covers are incredible.

The Descender one? Probably the best cover for issue #1.

and have you seen the upcoming Chip Zdarsky / Cameron Stewart Fight Club painted cover? Even if they don't sell they look mighty fine!

also in my experience there shipping has been great. I order 10 copies at a time, all in great, not able to complain about, condition.