• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I don't think many, if any at all, have been slabbed yet.

I checked.

0 in the Census right now.

Edited by vikingreed

Everything from the modern Ms. Marvel is going nuts.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Modern-Age-1992Now-/900/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ms+marvel+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I can understand people really liking the 2nd print cover of CM #17 but to me, a 1st print collector, I don't understand it selling for multiples of 5-6 times more that the 1st print. (shrug)

This is not happening on Ms. Marvel #1 even though there are a lot more 1st prints than the 2nd through the 7th prints combined. One other surprising thing to me is that the McKelvie variant is so cheap relative to it's print run. Was it a 1/25 or a 1/10 ? Regardless, Kamala Khan is on fire.

seems like little to no interest for the 1st full appearance of Ms Marvel in All New Marvel Point One, only 4 copies for sale and no real movement.

I guess people would rather have a 2nd printing of CM 17 with a cameo

Edited by krighton

I wonder if folks are speculating that it will be her in the movies and not Carol Danvers
I think there is some speculation , I also think there are some serious fans. I think sooner or later marvel will move her to other media, I just hope they do it right. I never ever thought I would like her comic i thought it was just another marvel attempt to cash in . I was way wrong and absolutely love the title and how she is being used. I also think the point one can still be found at cover price and is underrated. I recommend her books as readers. It's innocent and authentic it's like a rebirth of the sixties origin stories. Just my opinion.

seems like little to no interest for the 1st full appearance of Ms Marvel in All New Marvel Point One, only 4 copies for sale and no real movement.

I think there is resistance to preview books though I'm not sure why. I've seen this with Rat Queens, Wytches, and other short story previews. The herd doesn't appreciate them now. Looking at how popular reprints have become, I could see a change in this area in the future too.

I wonder if folks are speculating that it will be her in the movies and not Carol Danvers

I could see that happening though I think it would be more likely for both to appear in the shows.

Edited by The Authority

During the Phase 3 rollout event, they explicitly stated that Captain Marvel (note: "Captain," not "Ms.") would be Carol Danvers. But there has been speculation that the new Ms. Marvel would show up in media.

Sometime before the Phase 3 event, I decided that I was going to start collecting Carol Danvers books. Mainly because with the way KSD is handling her, I think within a decade she's going to be Marvel's Wonder Woman (i.e. their primary female hero). Already seeing quite a few cosplayers at cons. Anyway, the day after the announcement I figured it would be a good idea to step up picking up some back issues, and grabbed a bunch at the stop. I had to "settle" for a second print of #17.

Don't know if this has already been said or the right place but Mycomicshop has Batman #40 reg and movie poster variant limit 2 on the movie poster variant. Just a heads up

You guys talked me into ordering all the Batman variants, including the expensive one, lol .

Into a box they gooooooooooooo!

Don't know if this has already been said or the right place but Mycomicshop has Batman #40 reg and movie poster variant limit 2 on the movie poster variant. Just a heads up

You guys talked me into ordering all the Batman variants, including the expensive one, lol .

Into a box they gooooooooooooo!

So far I have just got the two. I haven't got the expensive one yet. But I will lol

i don't think Ms Marvel needs tv talk to be popular.

I agree with this. She's a pretty cool character and her book's a fun read. She will be front and center in the new Avengers book. I see steady increase in fandom like Deadpool and Harley Quinn have experienced before and apart from any movie or tv hype.

I agree with the earlier sentiment about resistance to preview books as first appearances. They experience price increase but never seem to be THE book. Meanwhile the low print 2nd print Captain Marvel #17, in addition to coming out earlier, has the Alphona cover going for it, which is high profile especially in a post-slab collecting world.

ANMN was flying under the radar for the longest time and it will take some time for it to pick up the pace. I like ANMN because of the stand alone story and the introduction.

Apparently there's only 2 of this book graded (9.6 and a 9.8). I wonder what do those label say?

i don't think Ms Marvel needs tv talk to be popular.

I agree with this. She's a pretty cool character and her book's a fun read. She will be front and center in the new Avengers book. I see steady increase in fandom like Deadpool and Harley Quinn have experienced before and apart from any movie or tv hype.

I agree with the earlier sentiment about resistance to preview books as first appearances. They experience price increase but never seem to be THE book. Meanwhile the low print 2nd print Captain Marvel #17, in addition to coming out earlier, has the Alphona cover going for it, which is high profile especially in a post-slab collecting world.

DP and HQ are in some rarefied air.