• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

You thought JTC's price at the con was high? lol Check this....

Boba Fett for HOW MUCH?!?!?!

Normally I'm not into telling people what they should collect (what I collect is better than what you collect), but for those prices, someone could pick up 3 slabbed CGC 9.6 Star Wars 42s with the first pamphlet appearance of Boba Fett. Or they could buy 10 or so 1st appearance of Boba Fett in the Marvel Illustrated Version of The Empire Strikes Back. I know if I had a choice between the 2, I would buy the 35 year old key instead of the new variant where Boba Fett is only on the cover.

Exactly.

This book is in for some major regression.

You could buy any of the various Star Wars 1 variants featuring Fett on the cover, with similar or lower print runs, for less than the cost of this book right now.

You guys are forgetting the completionist factor for those that are collecting the action figure variants. That has a lot to do with it.

There aren't 3000 or 5000 people trying to do that. Especially not if it requires paying 80 or 100 dollars for one of the books.

i dont know... you guys have to factor in that a lot of people that buy star wars comics arent even comic collectors... theres a lot of people at my LCS that the stars wars books are the only comics they own/buy... star wars collectors are intense... now factor in all the people that collect star wars toys... now they have a comic with toys on the cover... i think you maybe under estimating the number of people that want these...

At one of my LCS every employee collects the action figure variants, and most of them are not big buyers of books. One of the girls gets one for her brother and her father. These action figure books cross over the line into people that just dig star wars not comics, that remember the figures when they where kids.

They are all pissed that they weren't able to get this book. Wont pay $90 bucks for a copy though.

Boba will come down drastically in a month or two.

It's the way these things go every single time.

Opinions I which Action Figure variant will be worth more longterm? Luke, Han, Vader, Boba?

The Solo book appears to be the next most sought after, rarity

But may affect future Marvel variant decisions. It certainly changed Image.

What happened at Image?

Skybound stopped doing store variants. Walking Dead only has variants for Charlie's LCS. There was a time you could simply request one but they stopped them a few years ago and brought it in house.

The idea of the store variants was to subsidize the title. Over the last few years they became money makers on the secondary market.

OR a monetary loss...

Come see my warehouse.

They're hit or miss.

I've commissioned as many as anybody.

I know.

Overall they're profitable.

And many don't even know this exists. It was never in stores.

I could see collectors seeing the Boba cover, and then going back to buy the others for a complete set.

The Fett one looks great, and he obviously has a ravenous fan base out there.

What happened at Image?

Skybound stopped doing store variants. Walking Dead only has variants for Charlie's LCS. There was a time you could simply request one but they stopped them a few years ago and brought it in house.

Was anyone abusing it?

I don't know if any of the stores jacked up prices like this Boba example but it was very clear there was money left on the table. Now you see Skybound and Image have multiple con variants starting at $10. A store variant they may have seen $1 each.

What happened at Image?

The idea of the store variants was to subsidize the title. Over the last few years they became money makers on the secondary market.

OR a monetary loss...

Come see my warehouse.

They're hit or miss.

I've commissioned as many as anybody.

I know.

Overall they're profitable.

I think we can agree there are more hits over the last few years than previous years.

At one of my LCS every employee collects the action figure variants, and most of them are not big buyers of books. One of the girls gets one for her brother and her father. These action figure books cross over the line into people that just dig star wars not comics, that remember the figures when they where kids.

They are all pissed that they weren't able to get this book. Wont pay $90 bucks for a copy though.

And after seeing it takes $90 to complete their collection they will move on to other things. That's usually the way it goes. Then the inevitable price drop.

You thought JTC's price at the con was high? lol Check this....

Boba Fett for HOW MUCH?!?!?!

If this comes up that he is selling a C2E2 and canceling preorders, then yeah.....It creates drama, then marvel will have to print more. Wow, that 2nd printing though....controversial but might be low print number lmao! Or it will be upped to 6000 copies to fulfill orders and still called 1st print.

Now that is SPECULATION!

BTW Eternal Warrior #4 is picking up steam, and lowest BIN is at $49,00 shipped.

I have one listed and got 3 offers over night.

Which seven of us are watching this auction? :) Not someone who actually wants to buy it for that price, right?

And after seeing it takes $90 to complete their collection they will move on to other things. That's usually the way it goes. Then the inevitable price drop.

Now you see Skybound and Image have multiple con variants starting at $10

Ha! Nice try.

They ALWAYS did....

Back to the 90's

Although you can still get a variant for most new Image titles they tend to shy away from variants on established titles.

Confused...

Why would a publisher / creator (seller)

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

Although you can still get a variant for most new Image titles they tend to shy away from variants on established titles.

Confused...

Why would a publisher / creator (seller)

Begrudge

A retailer ( buyer)

From making money?!

I look forward to your next Walking Dead phantom variant.